Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIV ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RedSun
This is not true. The rep saw clearly that my Plat status was valid until 1/31/2018, but my SO's status is Plat to 1/31/2020. I called before and the other rep saw the same thing.
The end date isn't 1/31 so it's interesting that you're so sure that date showed up on their computers.
Originally Posted by cloudreader
Thanks krazykanuck and Werty. I did not have to option to attach online. But now I know why.
It looks like the reason for that is because the first day of the stay is after the cert expiry date!
If I search for an itinerary that ends before the cert expiry date they I am able to attach online.

I thought that the reservation has to be completed before the cert expiry not the entire stay. Is this not the case? (This is just like the Hilton weekend night certificates)
Cert must be valid at the time of the stay.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:52 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
The end date isn't 1/31 so it's interesting that you're so sure that date showed up on their computers.
You know more than the two Marriott reps know? Both told me the same expiration date from their computers. They do have this info in the computer.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
You know more than the two Marriott reps know? Both told me the same expiration date from their computers. They do have this info in the computer.
Yes I would actually wager that I know more than Marriott's typical CSRs. January 31 has already come and gone you know.
krazykanuck and Werty7777 like this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Yes I would actually wager that I know more than Marriott's typical CSRs. January 31 has already come and gone you know.
I'll certainly wager that Marriott staff know much more than you know. That is their full time job. They do what its system shows, and you like to dispute that fact.

Why you like to state the obvious? I just state the fact that in Marriott system, it had my Platinum status expiring on 1/31/2019. They could not explain it. But that is what their system shows. There is nothing to dispute the fact.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: cnb reward for travel/gas/restaurant/grocery
Originally Posted by worldtraveler1508
Can someone please post if small amount gift card purchases (< $100 or < $150) are still working/being reimbursed? Thanks.
any update on this?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:50 am

I was able to get 2x $150 norwegian airlines gift certificates reimbursed without an issue. Called and told them they were seat upgrade fees. Posted as NORWEGIAN AL. Not sure I want to go that route this year given their current difficulties.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Maybe an odd $ delta GC would trigger it by saying it was a seat upgrade fee...
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by hi55us
Maybe an odd $ delta GC would trigger it by saying it was a seat upgrade fee...
Doubt it. Delta Y to F upgrades post as Delta Air Upgrade. Thats how I used my credit the past 2 years.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jaundicedave
I was able to get 2x $150 norwegian airlines gift certificates reimbursed without an issue. Called and told them they were seat upgrade fees. Posted as NORWEGIAN AL. Not sure I want to go that route this year given their current difficulties.
Lots of people have had success by lying to the bank that issues the credit card. Whether you want to take a risk of committing fraud is up to you
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Lots of people have had success by lying to the bank that issues the credit card. Whether you want to take a risk of committing fraud is up to you
What is the point for stating this??
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
What is the point for stating this??
To make themselves feel better about spending the fee credit on actual ancillary fees as opposed to gift cards that have cash value, I suppose.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
What did they change the name of this card to under the new system?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
To make themselves feel better about spending the fee credit on actual ancillary fees as opposed to gift cards that have cash value, I suppose.
Why state the obvious? This is what I'm saying. Just keep things in low profile.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
What did they change the name of this card to under the new system?
This is the only card that escaped the dreaded Bonv*y game. It is just Ritz Carlton, taking out the old "reward" word...
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:09 am

So out of curiosity does anyone know if the Ritz Carlton annual fee trick where you lower the CL to 1500 works with other premium cards? I'm trying to churn some Hilton cards for Bora Bora and im wondering if I can avoid paying the 450 on the aspire card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.