Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by FlyingKansan
Data Point - 10k spend in 2017, 5k spend in 2018. Emailed back in November 2018 when my Platinum status (gold but auto plat with the changes) would expire. Was told Jan 31st of this year. Checked my account today and still showing plat. I also hold a Amex Business Platinum so my thinking is their SPG Gold somehow triggered my Ritz account. Anyways, here's hoping this sticks to the end of this year.
A slightly different data point here. Signed up for the Ritz in July 2018. Converted from Gold to Platinum in August. Told different Platinum expiration dates by various Marriott reps. Still Platinum today, so I guess that means until 1/2020
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Isavethings
A slightly different data point here. Signed up for the Ritz in July 2018. Converted from Gold to Platinum in August. Told different Platinum expiration dates by various Marriott reps. Still Platinum today, so I guess that means until 1/2020
Same for me, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see it end July 2019.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I have the card for a few years, still shows Platinum for me as well, fingers crossed it's not a delayed update!
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by nk15
I have the card for a few years, still shows Platinum for me as well, fingers crossed it's not a delayed update!
Same here. The color on the home page is gold which makes me think it might be.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Isavethings
Originally Posted by rrgg
Same for me, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see it end July 2019.
Originally Posted by nk15
Originally Posted by sds1493
Same here. The color on the home page is gold which makes me think it might be.
Not to raise alarm but others have posted that their status hasn't dropped after not requalifying so don't celebrate just yet.

@SDS1439 which part of the home page are you referring to?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Does the $100 dining/spa credit for the Ritz visa only apply to Ritz properties, or has it been extended to other Bonvoys?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:59 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rj123456
Does the $100 dining/spa credit for the Ritz visa only apply to Ritz properties, or has it been extended to other Bonvoys?
I read on Frequent Miler that the $100 dining/spa credit now also applies to St. Regis Hotel stays, but apparently not to any other Bonvoys.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:11 am

Ritz Carlton card may still available through product change from Chase Marriott cards. Are there any data point
refer to the link below
https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/ch...witch_language
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Herbzzz
Ritz Carlton card may still available through product change from Chase Marriott cards. Are there any data point
Yes, read HERE.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
I read on Frequent Miler that the $100 dining/spa credit now also applies to St. Regis Hotel stays, but apparently not to any other Bonvoys.
That's strange.

On the Ritz-Carlton rewards card site, the text from last September said Ritz-Carlton and all Marriott luxury properties. I took that to mean Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, and maybe Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Luxury Collection, BVLGARI, W, Edition. https://www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi

Today the text just says Ritz-Carlton again. Old text below:

From https://www.ritzcarltonrewardscard.com/privileges:

$100 HOTEL CREDIT*
Enjoy a complimentary $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

To reserve your Hotel Credit, please call or have your travel professional contact The Ritz-Carlton Reservations at 1-800-542-8680.

Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:25 am

Do I need to keep my Marriott card for one year to product change to RC? If I apply the Marriott card today and get the sign up bonus can I directly call in to change to RC?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Not to raise alarm but others have posted that their status hasn't dropped after not requalifying so don't celebrate just yet.

@SDS1439 which part of the home page are you referring to?
On marriott.com, the colors of the symbols above BRG, free wi-fi etc, are gold. IIRC they used to be platinum colored.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sds1493
On marriott.com, the colors of the symbols above BRG, free wi-fi etc, are gold. IIRC they used to be platinum colored.
I thought they were always gold. Even if you load the page without being signed in, on a browser with no cookies to remember any previous accounts, they are gold. Could be wrong though, maybe we're doomed.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:55 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Wink

[QUOTE=rrgg;30730699]

$100 HOTEL CREDIT*
Enjoy a complimentary $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

I checked your link to the above text, but the text saying $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties is no longer there.
Here's the information from Frequent Miler:
  • New Name: The Ritz-Carlton Card
  • New Perks: Starting April 2019, $100 in property credit per stay when cardholders use their Card and a special rate code to book stays of two or more nights at The Ritz-Carlton® or St. Regis® properties.
REF: https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...ges-announced/

I have a St. Regis stay booked in June (booked before I learned about the $100 credit), so I will call reservations again in April to see if I can re-book to get the credit. However, I imagine that the rate for getting the credit will be higher than the rate I am booked at, just hope it's not $100 higher.

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Feb 2, 2019 at 5:56 pm Reason: To add information.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
I checked your link to the above text, but the text saying $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties is no longer there.
Here's the information from Frequent Miler:
That’s what I said. You misread my post. Text was added to that page in September and now that text is gone again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.