Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mk712
I'm looking into making a cash reservation and using a Club Upgrade certificate but I've never done this before. I've done my research but most of the information out there is from years ago and some is clearly outdated.

Supposedly you can check for rates online but you have to call to make the actual booking, is that still the case?

Apparently there are two codes that can be checked online: the Z34 rate only allows for the $100 stay credit and the Z38 rate that allows for both Club Level upgrades AND the $100 stay credit, do I have that right?

For the dates I'm interested in, the Z34 rate is only about $10 a night more expensive than the Member Rate but the Z38 rate shows as unavailable, does that mean I'm out of luck? I saw reports from May 2016 that no one could pull up the Z38 rate online anymore, is that still the case? My trip is almost 3 months away and there are still Club Lounge rooms available, so I'd be surprised if upgrades can't be used.

Eventually I'll probably have to call either way, I just wanted to do my homework beforehand.
You are correct that you can not check for the Z38 rate online. Just use Z34 as a proxy for availability and then call to book and be very clear that you want the Z38 rate with the club upgrade and $100 credit.

I have also booked Z34 myself and then called to change to Z38 in the past, but Marriott's reps are so incompetent that I've had them change it instantly on one occasion and take half an hour on another, so I wouldn't go that route.

Also, most likely after your booking is done, the website will have the banner saying you need to order certificates. @Starwood Lurker has confirmed to me that this is not an issue when I emailed about it. In true Marriott fashion, if you click "deduct points" it will bring you to a page where it will try to attach a different club certificate and return the currently attached one, and when you click submit the site will error out.

Since this is a very niche feature and it was not brought to the SPG Luxury card with the recent changes, I suspect Marriott will never fix this or make the club upgrade rate searchable or bookable online.
Biggie Fries, dagangwood and mk712 like this.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Jan 29, 2019 at 8:09 pm
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:54 pm

I called and pulled the trigger.

I used the number on the website (1-800-542-8680) and the agent identified themselves as being from Ritz Carlton. I did not mention any rate code, I simply said that I wanted to use my Club Level Upgrade certificate from the credit card and the agent knew what to do.

Interestingly, the rate quoted (with the Club Level upgrade, therefore I assume Z38) came out to exactly the same price as the Z34 rate I had seen online. I doubled checked to make sure that wasn't a mistake and my reservation does indeed show as a "Club Deluxe Room, Club level" with the rate details showing "The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card 100 (USD) Credit and Club Upgrade Combined Offer".

To sum it up, for my 5-night stay:
- the cheapest rate for a basic room (Member Advance Rate) was 2,532 USD
- the Club level room using the upgrade certificate (what I paid) was 2,584 USD
- the Club level room without any certificate was 3,983 USD

Seemed like a no-brainer to me. That is by far the most I've ever paid for a hotel room but I couldn't be more excited.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:59 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
...my reservation does indeed show as a "Club Deluxe Room, Club level" with the rate details showing "The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card 100 (USD) Credit and Club Upgrade Combined Offer".
Glad you got what you wanted, and you got a rate very close to their lowest rate. I also recently called the RC reservation line to use an upgrade certificate and the $100 credit for an upcoming stay. I checked my online account and noted that I too received "The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card 100 (USD) Credit and Club Upgrade Combined Offer" as you did, but my rate was about $30 a night higher than the lowest shown rate. Also, you got a "Club Deluxe Room, Club level", I only got "Club lounge access, Guest room, 1 King" and not a "Club Deluxe room" like you. This may be because Club rooms were sold out, so I only got a standard room. Did you request a "Club Deluxe room" when you made the reservation? Hope I'm not getting short changed. Perhaps it's worth calling to find out. This will be my first Club-level experience, so I'm looking forward to it. Cheers.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC

I used the number on the website (1-800-542-8680) and the agent identified themselves as being from Ritz Carlton. I did not mention any rate code, I simply said that I wanted to use my Club Level Upgrade certificate from the credit card and the agent knew what to do.

Interestingly, the rate quoted (with the Club Level upgrade, therefore I assume Z38) came out to exactly the same price as the Z34 rate I had seen online. I doubled checked to make sure that wasn't a mistake and my reservation does indeed show as a "Club Deluxe Room, Club level" with the rate details showing "The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card 100 (USD) Credit and Club Upgrade Combined Offer".

Seemed like a no-brainer to me. That is by far the most I've ever paid for a hotel room but I couldn't be more excited.
My RC club lounges experiences have been wonderful. Never needed to eat anywhere else. Are they still giving away 2-for-1 on EQN's at Ritz-Carlton's? I got enough bonus nights last year to help push me over the 750 for LTPP without having to do a mattress run with those doubles. So yeah it's a no-brainer.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:13 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

This is exactly how it works. You pay the (cash) rate you see and use the club certificates to upgrade. This is wonderful if you get any good cash rates and find the RC that has club lounge. You can't use the certificates if you redeem points for the RC stays.

You can find low rates on RC properties overseas. Some are below $200 per night.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

I don't mean to be nosy but would you be willing to say what property this is? Over $2500 USD for a base level room! I'm not even paying that much for a suite at the RC HK for New Years. Also would be curious to know if your reservation has the bug with the banner asking to deduct points / attach certificates.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I don't mean to be nosy but would you be willing to say what property this is? Over $2500 USD for a base level room! I'm not even paying that much for a suite at the RC HK for New Years.
It is, in fact, the Ritz Carlton Hong Kong.

The rates I listed are for the entire 5-night stay and include the 10% service charge, so divide by 5 to get the average room rate - sorry if that wasn't clear.

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Also would be curious to know if your reservation has the bug with the banner asking to deduct points / attach certificates.
It does!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:06 pm

The rates I listed are for the entire 5-night stay and include the 10% service charge, so divide by 5 to get the average room rate - sorry if that wasn't clear.

It does!
Oh jeez, I read it as $2500 a night and I was so baffled and started looking through the RC catalog to try to figure out which one it was because it seemed insane.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So I called tonight and was able to extend my 2 60k FN certs for another year. I tried probing about the expiry of my status and the CSR wondered down the path of "knowledge documents" and seemed to be shuffling e-papers. I said thanks for the help but I'm good. She also had the common sense to think the new Bonvoyness was silly and that they'd been dealing with lots of irate members lately. Sad! but oh well. I'll attach my 60k certs to something that will be a bajillion points later this year and call it a day.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
So I called tonight and was able to extend my 2 60k FN certs for another year. I tried probing about the expiry of my status and the CSR wondered down the path of "knowledge documents" and seemed to be shuffling e-papers. I said thanks for the help but I'm good. She also had the common sense to think the new Bonvoyness was silly and that they'd been dealing with lots of irate members lately. Sad! but oh well. I'll attach my 60k certs to something that will be a bajillion points later this year and call it a day.
I wish I had gotten in during late 2017 and been able to match to the 3 cert offer. Getting amazing value out of the two that I got.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:57 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC

It does!
Did you ask for a "Club Deluxe Room" when made the reservation or did you reserve a standard room and were upgraded to a "Club Deluxe Room" by virtue of having the Club upgrade certificate?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Did you ask for a "Club Deluxe Room" when made the reservation or did you reserve a standard room and were upgraded to a "Club Deluxe Room" by virtue of having the Club upgrade certificate?
I'm pretty sure it is just the way RC HK names their rooms. Their "standard room" is a "Deluxe" room.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Like @phant0m said, that's probably just how they name their rooms. Check the "rooms and suites" page on your hotel's website. I didn't request any specific room, I just said "I want to make a reservation using a Club Upgrade certificate from the Chase Ritz Carlton credit card" then after she looked up the property and dates I asked for the cheapest option and rate.

Also, I've heard it may be different at some properties but at the RC HK there doesn't appear to be any difference between a Deluxe room and a Club Deluxe room other than which floor they're located on. The description for both of them, including square footage and floor plan, are otherwise exactly identical.
dagangwood likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:44 am

Like @phant0m said, that's probably just how they name their rooms. Check the "rooms and suites" page on your hotel's website. I didn't request any specific room, I just said "I want to make a reservation using a Club Upgrade certificate from the Chase Ritz Carlton credit card" then after she looked up the property and dates I asked for the cheapest option and rate.

Also, I've heard it may be different at some properties but at the RC HK there doesn't appear to be any difference between a Deluxe room and a Club Deluxe room other than which floor they're located on. The description for both of them, including square footage and floor plan, are otherwise exactly identical.
Some properties have the distinction of actually being on the club floor, but it's simply impossible to do that given the club capacity vs the floor size at hotels like the RC HK. It doesn't have any bearing on the actual room.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Data Point - 10k spend in 2017, 5k spend in 2018. Emailed back in November 2018 when my Platinum status (gold but auto plat with the changes) would expire. Was told Jan 31st of this year. Checked my account today and still showing plat. I also hold a Amex Business Platinum so my thinking is their SPG Gold somehow triggered my Ritz account. Anyways, here's hoping this sticks to the end of this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.