Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The expiration date printed on the card does not guarantee that the card, or it's features, will remain valid to that date.
danbnash likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:17 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mia
The expiration date printed on the card does not guarantee that the card, or it's features, will remain valid to that date.
Yes, that was my point, and why I stated in my post "does everyone think it will even last five years?" I was hoping someone could provide additional insight and or had further knowledge they could share, but I guess we will have to wait and see.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by mss2114
Has anyone tried using a suite night upgrade certificate alongside a club level upgrade certificate? Is that doable?
It's not doable, for the very simple reason that Club Level upgrades are only redeemable at RC properties but SNAs are not redeemable at RC properties, as per the T&C:

Suite Night Awards are not redeemable at the following brands: The Ritz-Carlton, Protea Hotels, Aloft, Element, Design Hotels™, all-Suite Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, Marriott Vacation Club EDITION, Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Ritz-Carlton Destination Clubs and Marriott Grand Residence Club properties. In addition, Suite Night Awards are not redeemable at select Participating Properties.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:44 pm
mia

As part of the launch of Marriott's new Bonvoy loyalty program this card will get a slight rename, but no apparent plans to accept new applications. Details here: https://credit-cards.marriott.com/en-us/chase-us

Old: The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card

New: The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by mia
As part of the launch of Marriott's new Bonvoy loyalty program this card will get a slight rename, but no apparent plans to accept new applications. Details here: https://credit-cards.marriott.com/en-us/chase-us

Old: The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card

New: The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan
They don’t mention the 15 night credit for this card but they do on the others.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
Eeek. It's not in the detailed T&C either. I guess it doesn't matter since I should be LTPP pretty soon but still...
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:32 pm
mia

Also no mention of Priority Pass membership, which is included in the description of the American Express $450 card.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by mia
Also no mention of Priority Pass membership, which is included in the description of the American Express $450 card.
There is a disclaimer at the beginning that states there is no change in benefits. Maybe it’s an oversight on the Marriott website and hopefully will reflect correctly when Chase posts it on theirs.
danbnash and nexusCFX like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:57 pm

Not much difference other than adding St. Regis properties to the $100 stay credit.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by phant0m
Not much difference other than adding St. Regis properties to the $100 stay credit.
I think that is sort of the intent...

Regards
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:37 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by phant0m
I think so. We already receive $100 hotel credit if the stay is paid. Also 2+ night stay is required.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
The 15 EQN benefit was put on the site for the card along with all the other changes made back in August.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:11 am
Suspended

Programs: life ritz platinum, SA hon circle, Eastern Executive Traveler, Delta Flying Colonel, AA Admiral VIP

They have increased platinum from $65K to $75 K too (at least I think it was $65
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Zurick
They have increased platinum from $65K to $75 K too (at least I think it was $65
This is from a June 2018 solicitation I received, "ENJOY PLATINUM STATUS When you spend $75,000 on your card in an account year, you will be automatically elevated to Platinum Elite Status.*"
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
The 15 EQN benefit was put on the site for the card along with all the other changes made back in August.
I'm sure this is easily out there -- but the 15 EQN count towards Choice Benefit qualification, right? Lifetime here so don't care about EQN other than to get choice benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.