Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by bergamini
I've never had any issue using the $300 allowance on GoGo or FCM charges. I send them a secure message and it's done within a day.
FCM?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:11 am

In November I had no issues bringing 9 people into a Priority Pass restaurant and got credits for everyone and I was never charged. Pretty positive it's still unlimited.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
FCM?
Sorry - First Class Monetization (upgrade charge)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Willbur
In November I had no issues bringing 9 people into a Priority Pass restaurant and got credits for everyone and I was never charged. Pretty positive it's still unlimited.
Jeez. What restaurant let you do this? All the ones I've seen say one guest only. Amazing DP though. Thank you.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Jeez. What restaurant let you do this? All the ones I've seen say one guest only. Amazing DP though. Thank you.
Successfully did 6 people at Bar Symon in CLE 3 weeks ago.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
I spent $13 on a seat upgrade on AA on Dec 31 and messaged Chase for reimbursement from my 2018 travel credit balance of $29. They said when I made the charge my 2018 credit already expired and they would apply the 2019 balance to it.
You really wanted to cut it close huh lol.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: life ritz platinum, SA hon circle, Eastern Executive Traveler, Delta Flying Colonel, AA Admiral VIP
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles

That is not what select means. Ritz has unlimited guests.
Not quite true. The "select" card charges for any guest. The bank (chase for the Ritz) covers the cost. If you have a "non-select" from a european bank, it does not charge for guests
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zurick
Not quite true. The "select" card charges for any guest. The bank (chase for the Ritz) covers the cost. If you have a "non-select" from a european bank, it does not charge for guests
Comparing vs. European cards is apples and oranges. Every PP card issued by a US credit card is PP Select. The Select designation means it's granted by a CC, not directly purchased.
pallhedge likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:09 pm

Damn -this message after trying to get credit after buying a $300 AA gift card:

Thank you for contacting J.P. Morgan about the travel
credit benefit offered on the Ritz-Carlton Rewards® credit
card.

Let me share that only the following types of
non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer:
- Airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge
membership of your choice
- Airline seat upgrades
- Airline baggage fees
- In-flight internet or entertainment
- In-flight meals

The credit cannot be applied to:
- Taxis/subway/car rental/airport parking - Airline gift
card purchase
- Airline ticket purchases, including award booking fees,
taxes related to a ticket purchase or pet cabin/flight
fees
- Ticket cancellation fees
- Duty free shops

Please provide us with additional information or
documentation to show that the charge of $305.00 from
American Airlines is for one of the qualified airline
incidental charges listed above. Once we review the
information requested, we will issue credits in accordance
with the terms of the benefit. Also, please resubmit your
request once the charge has posted to your account.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by phant0m
You really wanted to cut it close huh lol.
I had a $29 balance remaining and couldn't figure out what to do with and preferred to not have it expire. On Dec 31 it occurred to me I had an upcoming JFK-YUL flight so I normally would never care about a preferred seat on a segment that short I figured I would so as not to let Chase book the gain.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
The CSR had been changed. Ritz had not been changed and still unlimited number of guests.

Of course the way to deal with it if there is a limitation is to add more authorized users which are both free and get their own Priority Pass card.
Just curious, since this card offers unlimited authorized users....

Has anyone proactively offered to add a family member, who was indifferent about having Priority Pass, later express gratitude over your generosity once they got a chance to use it?

I am still surprised authorized users are free to add.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Just curious, since this card offers unlimited authorized users....

Has anyone proactively offered to add a family member, who was indifferent about having Priority Pass, later express gratitude over your generosity once they got a chance to use it?

I am still surprised authorized users are free to add.
It’s one of the juiciest cards aside from the JPMR.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: life ritz platinum, SA hon circle, Eastern Executive Traveler, Delta Flying Colonel, AA Admiral VIP
Originally Posted by mensday
Damn -this message after trying to get credit after buying a $300 AA gift card:
t.
Note it no longer gives you platinum status in Marriott rewards
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Comparing vs. European cards is apples and oranges. Every PP card issued by a US credit card is PP Select. The Select designation means it's granted by a CC, not directly purchased.
Yes, but note that their site says restrictions are different for the select. There has been much note that the ladies at the club don't know the daily cost nor how many free etc. That is because all of that is controlled by the bank that offers the card. The daily charge and Number of guests can vary pending your bank.

In Europe there is the standard, standard plus and prestige which cost more as you go up. The standard lets you pay per visit, the plus gives you 10 free visits, the prestige unlimited. All charge 28 euro per guest.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Corona Beach House in Miami

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.