Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
I haven't heard anything mentioning a re-launch of this card
The only reason I would think a relaunch may be possible is because Amex is still allowed to offer the personal SPG card.

Chase offers the Personal non-premium MARRIOTT CARD but doesn't offer a Premium card, since Amex has taken that over with the SPG Luxury card.

Meanwhile, a regular consumer is able to choose between Chase or Amex if they want a non-premium Marriott card.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
The only reason I would think a relaunch may be possible is because Amex is still allowed to offer the personal SPG card.
I think once Marriott launches it's ridiculously named combined program we may see the Amex normal SPG card close to new applicants to be in line with the AmEx/Chase split that they agreed to. Just my 2 Marriott points worth...
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I think once Marriott launches it's ridiculously named combined program we may see the Amex normal SPG card close to new applicants to be in line with the AmEx/Chase split that they agreed to. Just my 2 Marriott points worth...
That would definitely make sense. I am glad I upgraded my Chase Marriott card to the Ritz Carlton Rewards card a couple months ago. It has better benefits than the SPG Luxury Card IMO and I am curious to see how Chase handles things next year when Marriott relaunches the new program.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
That would definitely make sense. I am glad I upgraded my Chase Marriott card to the Ritz Carlton Rewards card a couple months ago. It has better benefits than the SPG Luxury Card IMO and I am curious to see how Chase handles things next year when Marriott relaunches the new program.
I agree. I'm extremely glad I applied for it before it got killed since it wasn't 5/24. Even ignoring getting free Platinum for 2019, the card itself is pretty underrated as a long term keeper in my view. $300 airline credit is pretty easy to use up, new free night cert is easily worth $300-400 USD, and to my knowledge it's the only source of club lounge upgrade certificates at the RC, one of which is saving me a lot of money at RC Berlin next year.

Honestly, I really hope they do not re-launch it. As a legacy product, I don't suspect they'll make any further changes to it. If it gets re-launched they're liable to re-evaluate the economics of it. In particular, I sure do not want them to take away free AUs with Priority Pass.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:43 am

What do you Mean with getting Free platinum for 2019? Is that the case when you hold this card?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I agree. I'm extremely glad I applied for it before it got killed since it wasn't 5/24. Even ignoring getting free Platinum for 2019, the card itself is pretty underrated as a long term keeper in my view. $300 airline credit is pretty easy to use up, new free night cert is easily worth $300-400 USD, and to my knowledge it's the only source of club lounge upgrade certificates at the RC, one of which is saving me a lot of money at RC Berlin next year.

Honestly, I really hope they do not re-launch it. As a legacy product, I don't suspect they'll make any further changes to it. If it gets re-launched they're liable to re-evaluate the economics of it. In particular, I sure do not want them to take away free AUs with Priority Pass.
Rc club upgrades on paid stays right?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Thino
What do you Mean with getting Free platinum for 2019? Is that the case when you hold this card?
if you had picked up the card before in the year before they closed it and before the merger, the thinking was you’d become gold which translates into platinum elite for rest of 2018 and 2019.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC

Correct, a special rate you have to call and get but has always been competitive with the lowest published rate (for me).
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Thino
If you spend $75K on the RC Chase Visa you get Platinum status. Otherwise "just" Gold.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bergamini
If you spend $75K on the RC Chase Visa you get Platinum status. Otherwise "just" Gold.
This is only partially accurate, as you also get Platinum status your first year, the contours of which have been discussed ad nauseam in this thread.
Thino and nexusCFX like this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

Yes but the rate code for it (Z38) always matches the member flex rate in my experience. In fact at RC Tokyo it's consistently a bit lower. $100 property credit too, so you don't feel like you're losing something not going through Virtuoso.

Originally Posted by bergamini
Correct, a special rate you have to call and get but has always been competitive with the lowest published rate (for me).
You can search for Z34 on the website as a proxy for the Z38 Club + $100 rate. I've not encountered an example where they differ.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Dec 29, 2018 at 1:14 pm
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Is the travel credit based on membership year or calendar year? Trying to make sure I use all those that expire 12/31.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:48 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Maximum statement credit accumulation for this offer is $300 per calendar year. Annual credit will be issued for the calendar year in which the transaction posts to your account. For example, if you pay baggage fees at the end of 2015, and the airline does not post the transaction until 2016, the cost of the baggage fees will be allocated towards your 2016 calendar year maximum of $300.
https://www.ritzcarltonrewardscard.c...and-conditions
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Ugh, I need to spend 300 and have it post asap.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
This is only partially accurate, as you also get Platinum status your first year, the contours of which have been discussed ad nauseam in this thread.
it’s 12/30 and the card is closed to new apps....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.