Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
I would like to use my $300 in travel credits from this card. Does anyone know if AS gift cards can be reimbursed? How about buying inexpensive AS tickets and then putting them in my Wallet? Since I'm elite on the airlines I fly, and have lifetime lounge access as well Priority Pass and Centurion Lounge I don't generally have baggage or seat upgrade or lounge charges. Need creative ways to get my $300 used. First year with this card for me.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by seacarl
I would like to use my $300 in travel credits from this card. Does anyone know if AS gift cards can be reimbursed? How about buying inexpensive AS tickets and then putting them in my Wallet? Since I'm elite on the airlines I fly, and have lifetime lounge access as well Priority Pass and Centurion Lounge I don't generally have baggage or seat upgrade or lounge charges. Need creative ways to get my $300 used. First year with this card for me.
Let me know if you get one to go
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
You have to tell Chase what the charges are for. There are no automatic credits. Some people have had success lying to their bank about otherwise ineligible charges, like gift cards and tickets. If you would like to take the risk associated with lying (i.e., fraud), YMMV.

Inflight wifi might work for you.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I would like to use my $300 in travel credits from this card. Does anyone know if AS gift cards can be reimbursed?
I'd buy a $25 one and then SM and say it was a bag fee and see if it works. If it does just scale up from there. I haven't seen a positive or negative data point for AS gift cards. The only DP that Frequent Miler's guide has for AS is that award fees have been reimbursed.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 4:46 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
.... haven't seen a positive or negative data point for AS gift cards.....
If I recall correctly, the reason American Express' system stopped reimbursing AS gift cards/certificates is because they started using a separate merchant account for gift sales and the nature of the transaction became evident. I would look in this thread, around mid-2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...orts-only.html
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
What are the other ways to use the airline credit? I still have $270 to go and don't really have any purchases that would qualify. Anyone have success using the credit for airline gift cards?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
What are the other ways to use the airline credit? I still have $270 to go and don't really have any purchases that would qualify. Anyone have success using the credit for airline gift cards?
I resorted to buying economy tix on DL and upgrading to F. I don't fly enough to have status above silver and fly F as long as the cost isn't out of control, so it's a good use for me. Another poster actually suggested it to me earlier and it works fine for reimbursement on DL. Its obviously fairly subjective for value but works great for my needs.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
I've been able to successfully have the taxes on my award tickets covered.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
I’ve gotten upfares to AS instant upgrade fare classes reimbursed as upgrades. I think that’s the correct outcome under the t&cs — upgrades are expressly covered and I’m getting upgraded — but maybe the data point is useful, at least if AS ever starts release advance U space again.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So was checking my Marriott account tonight and saw my SPG Lux sign up bonus as posted (I applied in the 3 day window before RC cardholders were excluded). So that's good. What's odd is I got another 3 club level upgrade certs and my anniversary isn't until next month or January, I'm not sure how Chase measures it. So I now have 6 club upgrade certs and 2 60k FN certs in my account.

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Did you read the wiki? Plenty of people have got airline GCs to work. I've bought Southwest GCs with mine. Read the link to the Frequent Miler post that's in the wiki.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
You have to tell Chase what the charges are for. There are no automatic credits. Some people have had success lying to their bank about otherwise ineligible charges, like gift cards and tickets. If you would like to take the risk associated with lying (i.e., fraud), YMMV.

Inflight wifi might work for you.
I have T-Mobile One so I already get Gogo Inflight. I would never lie. But you can always ask to have a charge reimbursed without describing the charge.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I have T-Mobile One so I already get Gogo Inflight. I would never lie. But you can always ask to have a charge reimbursed without describing the charge.
You can always ask, sure. But I think the collective experience has been that Chase then says it needs more info about what the charge is for. You may get lucky of course.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
You can always ask, sure. But I think the collective experience has been that Chase then says it needs more info about what the charge is for. You may get lucky of course.
I tried purchasing a $25 AS gift certificate. It posted as "Alaska Airlines Gift Cert" so I am not particularly hopeful. But I may ask and see what the result is.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:11 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I tried purchasing a $25 AS gift certificate. It posted as "Alaska Airlines Gift Cert" so I am not particularly hopeful. But I may ask and see what the result is.
What result do you expect? Gift card is not covered. It is clear.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by RedSun
What result do you expect? Gift card is not covered. It is clear.
Not covered officially, yes, but gift cards have definitely worked in the past so it's a fair question to ask if it works for AS. Personally I've only ever bought AA gift cards with the airline credits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.