Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by googs185
Can I lock in the rate for tentative dates and then change them?
No.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:49 am

Is the Ritz card still worth keeping? I know this is a subjective question to ask and might have been covered in other threads but I thought I would ask since I’m struggling with that question lately.

The two main reasons I got this card was for the easy path to gold status (pre-merger value of course) plus the $100 credit for B6 flights. I live in NYC and have earned Mosaic. Both perks have been devalued in the last two months and I no longer use this card like I used to. However, the card is no longer available so i’m weighing the opportunity cost of simply holding this card if in the future other additional perks improve such as B6 being added back into the visa infinite portal.

not sure if this would be realistic. Im
new to the points game and perhaps I’m holding to false hope and maybe it’s time to downgrade to a Premium Plus CC since that card can replace all the benefits I get from the current Ritz minus the $100 credit.

Have there been DP of cards that have been discontinued such as the Ritz card improving at a later date, or are we just looking at an inflexion point prior to the merger and only expecting more devaluation on this card in the future? Is it to soon to cut the cord on this card?

Thoughts?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Love2FlyBiz
... DP of cards that have been discontinued such as the Ritz card improving at a later date, ....
In general, discontinued card features are frozen and gradually diminished by attrition. There is at least one report that this card is only temporarily suspended, rather than discontinued, but if it isn't relaunched in the first half of 2019 I would say that it is not going to happen.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:40 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by mia
In general, discontinued card features are frozen and gradually diminished by attrition. There is at least one report that this card is only temporarily suspended, rather than discontinued, but if it isn't relaunched in the first half of 2019 I would say that it is not going to happen.
There are quite a few cards like the RC card. I still get the Merrill+ card that has been dormant for a long time. It looks to remain that way.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:13 pm

I just message chase to lower my credit limit to $1600. Was told that minimum for Ritz card is $10K. Is this new or I should wait a couple days to message them again?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by kpeng2
I just message chase to lower my credit limit to $1600. Was told that minimum for Ritz card is $10K. Is this new or I should wait a couple days to message them again?
I would reduce it to $1500. I called and they were able to do it. They moved the credit from one Chase card to another. I think that is what you need to do, you can't just reduce the credit, you need to move it around and say you need it on another card.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by googs185
I would reduce it to $1500. I called and they were able to do it. They moved the credit from one Chase card to another. I think that is what you need to do, you can't just reduce the credit, you need to move it around and say you need it on another card.
Thank you. I will try to give them a call. I actually requested to move the credit limit to my Freedom card on the initial request.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: cnb reward for travel/gas/restaurant/grocery
I got confused with all ritz cert used in non-ritz but marriot hotel and SPG hotel, can anyone share the info on where it really can be used? or any webpage talking about it....
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:53 pm

Just an FYI, purchased one way delta tickets for a trip in econ. In app, immediately after purchase, delta offered an paid upgrade. Purchase domestic first upgrade via ritz card. Once posted, sm’ed customer service for ask for credits to be applied. Had issues and called. The phone rep immediately said she noticed I upgraded seats and would apply credit in 1-2 billing cycles. $106.43 times 2 posted as delta airlines upgrade.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by thomasmessi
I got confused with all ritz cert used in non-ritz but marriot hotel and SPG hotel, can anyone share the info on where it really can be used? or any webpage talking about it....
Your certificates in your Marriott account should clearly state what they can be used for. Unless you have something weird, you can use it for any property up to 60000 points. Currently, that means any property in the Marriott/SpG portfolio. In January, some properties will cost more. This was addressed just a few posts up.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:42 pm

Got my replacement card. It's the same material as the Sapphire Reserve. So sad ����
lotrbfme likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by phant0m
Got my replacement card. It's the same material as the Sapphire Reserve. So sad ����
Thanks for the DP. At least it's not full on plastic. I hope I don't lose my actual metal one now; hoping to use it until it expires.
RedSun likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:53 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Thanks for the DP. At least it's not full on plastic. I hope I don't lose my actual metal one now; hoping to use it until it expires.
I got quite a few metal cards laying around
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by BioRad
I'm still waiting for my annual free night certificate posted yet. The AF has been posted and paid off.
Any luck? I paid my annual fee a few weeks after the new program was rolled out, and no free night cert for me. I guess I am going to have to call them.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by acefspadez
It still works, I lowered my wife's credit limit to $1500 last week and the fee was refunded 3 days later.
Bizarre, because this never worked for me. Not year one, not this past year, etc. Glad it works for some people, though honestly it's easy to get value out of this card regardless of the fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.