Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Got it both on the phone and in writing (yes I did e-mailed to get it in writing after the phone call).

Surprisingly Marriott answered the e-mail within 15 minutes.
I got told August 2019 expiry a while back. I hope your reps were the correct ones.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I got told August 2019 expiry a while back. I hope your reps were the correct ones.
It would depend on how the status was gained -

If it from opening a new card this year - I would expect it to last until August 2019 as this is the first card year plus change.

If it from meeting the spend requirements that happened before the cut-off date, it should be 1/1/2020 (entire remaining calendar year following the anniversary date + 1 year).
danbnash and nexusCFX like this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
It would depend on how the status was gained -

If it from opening a new card this year - I would expect it to last until August 2019 as this is the first card year plus change.

If it from meeting the spend requirements that happened before the cut-off date, it should be 1/1/2020 (entire remaining calendar year following the anniversary date + 1 year).
Ah I see. Mine is new so that makes sense.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: SPG+Marriott Platinum
Some interesting things I have noticed with my account.

1) My credit limit was raised from 1500 to slightly over 1800. I did not request this.

2) One of my free Ritz Carlton certs was used in booking a Ritz in late July for a one night stay ovee two weeks ago. I now have two free stays up to 60k points with the new card rewards. Was expecting one to be used with my recent stay.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by WorldPalmHand
Some interesting things I have noticed with my account.

1) My credit limit was raised from 1500 to slightly over 1800. I did not request this.

2) One of my free Ritz Carlton certs was used in booking a Ritz in late July for a one night stay ovee two weeks ago. I now have two free stays up to 60k points with the new card rewards. Was expecting one to be used with my recent stay.
happened to me couple of years ago when I did the AF trick. Just SM chsse snd have them lower the limit again and move excess to another card
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:03 pm
Suspended

has anyone been able to attach a rc cert to an spg property yet?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by EL3V3N
Absolutely.
Called and it was no problem.
Werty7777 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by EL3V3N
They have this figured out (finally!) with one big caveat: they can only use them to book individual nights. So if you want to use 3 certs to book a 3-night stay, that stay must be bookable as 3 x 1 night reservations. I'm running into an issue where all 3 nights of my stay are available should you book it as a 3-night stay -- but none of them are available as a single night stay. Very frustrating!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by wotan2525
They have this figured out (finally!) with one big caveat: they can only use them to book individual nights. So if you want to use 3 certs to book a 3-night stay, that stay must be bookable as 3 x 1 night reservations. I'm running into an issue where all 3 nights of my stay are available should you book it as a 3-night stay -- but none of them are available as a single night stay. Very frustrating!
That was always the case, and always is the case with individual certificates.

Sometimes this can be resolved by calling the hotel directly.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:14 pm

That was always the case, and always is the case with individual certificates.

Sometimes this can be resolved by calling the hotel directly.
The hotel is able to combine single night reservations into a contiguous reservation -- but they are not able to create single night availability where there is none available (even if those nights are available as part of a multi-night stay.)
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:19 pm

The hotel is able to combine single night reservations into a contiguous reservation -- but they are not able to create single night availability where there is none available (even if those nights are available as part of a multi-night stay.)
Just called in to book the SR in NYC. Took some time but was able to use the 2 free nights and points for a third night. Booked as 3 single night reservations as noted by the folks above. Great value with rates at $900 a night during my visit.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:30 pm

Of course the hotel can do it. The hotel puts the limits on minimum stay requirements and can wave those if it wants to. There is no magic here. It is just a minimum stay requirements if you can have a room for 3 days together but not apart.

Now having someone at the hotel willing to do it is a different matter but it is completely under the hotel control.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone get their anniversary free night certs yet?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:48 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Yes, up to 50k. The welcome bonus nights are up to 60k. But they are disappearing.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Yes I got mine two weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.