Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Did you add an AU?
Yes, is there a bonus for an AU?

** Looks like there probably is as I saw a post about it from ~2017.

Thanks!!

Last edited by Astrophsx; Sep 16, 2018 at 11:57 am
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:08 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Thats a very personal thing.

Consider the cards you already have and if the benefits overlap.

These are the highlighted benefits of this card:

$100 Domestic Round trip Discount
$300 Incidental credit
Priority pass with unlimited Guest and also free priority pass for authorized users.
$2,500 Medical and dental Insurance with $50 deductible on travel.
Free night at a property up to 50,000 points
3 Club upgrades on Ritz Carlton and $100 to spend on resort.
A really cool metal card lol
You didn’t mention Platinum Status after 75K spend.

Can anyone verify if that is still a benefit?

Thanks so much !
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by damon88

You didn’t mention Platinum Status after 75K spend.

Can anyone verify if that is still a benefit?

Thanks so much !
Yes it is still a benefit, although probably only worth it if you can MS to 75K since the daily earn isn't so good.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:25 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Yes it is still a benefit, although probably only worth it if you can MS to 75K since the daily earn isn't so good.
Still give you 150,000 Marriott points. Better than the Merrill + card...
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:05 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I was asking for my son who earned Platinum this way last year and would like to retain it. He highly values Platinum Status but does not travel enough to earn through nights. (I am LTPPE and currently Ambassador)

Is there any difference on earning between the RC card and the new Amex Luxury- or does RC earn the same?

Really appreciate your help.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:06 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I was asking for my son who earned Platinum this way last year and would like to retain it. He highly values Platinum Status but does not travel enough to earn through nights. (I am LTPPE and currently Ambassador)

Is there any difference on earning between the RC card and the new Amex Luxury- or does RC earn the same?

Really appreciate your help.
Both RC and AmEX Lux CCs earn you Plat with $75k spend.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:22 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....any difference on earning between the RC card and the new Amex Luxury- or does RC earn the same?
There appears to be a slight difference. Both award 2 point per dollar for general spending, 6 points per dollar for Marriott/Ritz/SPG spending, and 3 points per dollar for dining and airlines, but the Ritz card also awards 3 points per dollar on car rentals.
damon88 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: AA
My 2-night 60k reward certs finally posted today
tonywush and RedSun like this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by PointsTutor
It looks like Chase finally may have caught onto the credit line trick.

1. Applied for the card in July.
2. Met minimum spending with this past statment
3. Paid all but $450 of my balance
4. Requested to move credit line to one of my Freedom cards on 8/30
5. Still no annual fee refund as of today.
Originally Posted by Richard Berg
I opened the card in August 2016 and paid the fee. Reduced CL to $1500, fee was refunded.

No fee was charged on the 2017 anniversary.

$395 charged on 2018 anniversary. I expect this means they've closed the loophole for everyone, permanently, not just 2016-era accounts.
Originally Posted by acefspadez
What is your current credit line for your card? It needs to be less than $1,800.00
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles

What you experienced for two fee cycles and then being charged for the third fee is typical and does not imply the quirk has been fixed.
Originally Posted by Willbur
Isn't this how it's been? Usually you get the first fee free and the second one sometimes charges or sometimes doesn't And the 3rd always charges.I don't think this shows any change from how it has been or any loophole closing.
Originally Posted by sds1493
The Card Act (in this case, if the CL is below $1800, the annual fee can not be charged) only applies to the first year. Chase sometimes refunds the second year fee as well. This process is automatic. The quirk on this card is that Chase allows the CL to be reduced. Other cards won't allow the CL to be reduced to less than four times the AF.
​​​​
any other recent data points on this?

looking to meet my spending this month and thenr educe credit limit and hopefully get annual fee reversed
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by ducksaucei3
My 2-night 60k reward certs finally posted today
Mine have not. I sm chase earlier and they said:

“I like to confirm you have met the spend and we'll post the two complimentary nights to your account six to eight weeks after the billing cycle in which you qualify. Since, you are enrolled in a partner reward program, they will transfer and post to your partner account within 30 days from the statement date. I also like to confirm the 10,000 bonus for adding an authorized user posted on your statement”

Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
My first statement after meeting spend closed today, and I received an email from Marriott confirming that I received the two free nights:

Then, I went to check in my Marriott account and sure enough they were there under my Unused Certificates:

So looks like I'm all set! Maybe there were IT issues for people who should have received the nights in the previous 30 days, but it seems to be resolved now.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I got my certs today as well. I actually haven't hit a statement after reaching 4K, my second statement is in a week and I met the min spend a little bit after my first statement closed. Hope everyone gets their certs soon.

Originally Posted by AdeAhmed

looking to meet my spending this month and thenr educe credit limit and hopefully get annual fee reversed
​​​​​​​I applied in July. Lowered CL after about 10K in spending, after the first statement closed. AF refund posted in the middle of my current cycle, not long after I lowered to $1500.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by AdeAhmed

It still works, I lowered my wife's credit limit to $1500 last week and the fee was refunded 3 days later.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:58 pm

Is it possible to book NON-Ritz properties now with the upto 60k certs?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by skipss
Is it possible to book NON-Ritz properties now with the upto 60k certs?
Data points on the travel package certs say that you still can’t apply those to SPG properties. I can tell you that you can’t apply these to SPG properties while booking online due to the fact that it still uses the old SPG booking engine. It’s unclear to me if they would work if you call to book. If it doesn’t work yet I’m sure they’re working on it because they need to have the functionality working for the credit card certificates.

I can tell you that they work for former MR properties though, so if a rep claims they only work on Ritz properties you can show that’s not true. What’s interesting is that they won’t work for an online booking requiring upgrade certificates. For example, the Marriott Miyako in Osaka has corner rooms for 60k, up from the 50k base price. You cannot use this certificate for those rooms for an online booking, even though you can do so for booking the normal 50k rooms. I expect if you were to call in the agents could do it though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.