Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIV ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Is the limit on point transfers still 100,000? And can I transfer to anyone? I want to transfer to my friend since i am staying with her but she has higher status so we can get more perks
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I mean the normal English meaning of "through" is "through", not until "the second month of"
Though in hotel loyalty speak it does mean until the January/February/March of the year (depending on the program).

You gained a status on year X, your status is good through year X+2 until January/February/March of year X+2.

I've asked for clarification from Chase - but it would take couple of rounds of back and forth until they actually understand the question.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by phant0m
I'm confused. What happens to Gold Elite through $10k spend?
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Well that is not much of a clarification because we don't know what "through 2019" means - February 2019 or December 2019.
i have the same question too...hit 10k spending before the merge and twittered marriott rewards asking when my platinum elite status expires. guess what? i was told my elite status will expire 1/31/2019...that doesn't sound reasonable at all! and my interpretation to good through 2019 should be the entire year of 2019!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by fu841u6

i have the same question too...hit 10k spending before the merge and twittered marriott rewards asking when my platinum elite status expires. guess what? i was told my elite status will expire 1/31/2019...that doesn't sound reasonable at all! and my interpretation to good through 2019 should be the entire year of 2019!
I've found Marriott answers on this particular question quite useless. I'll wait until the merger issues are resolved before asking Marriott again.

I would agree that those who spent the $10,000 should be given the status until the end of 2019.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
Is the limit on point transfers still 100,000? And can I transfer to anyone? I want to transfer to my friend since i am staying with her but she has higher status so we can get more perks
you can transfer over 100k to book an award stay.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:48 am

I just crossed the $4000 minimum spending on Aug 19. Statement closed on Aug 26. Just saw the points posted to Marriott account, but not the 2FN.

Anyone who had similar experience?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I've found Marriott answers on this particular question quite useless. I'll wait until the merger issues are resolved before asking Marriott again.

I would agree that those who spent the $10,000 should be given the status until the end of 2019.
I sent in an email to reward program support. I don't think I'll hear anything back for quite a while with the whole transition going on but I'll update when I get something.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Suggestions for good ways to use the Club level upgrades? I got the card for the free nights and don't normally stay at ritzy hotels
Best uses for the Platinum Elite status?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:40 pm

Has anyone used their JP Morgan concierge recently? I sent them an email, received an automated response and then no follow up. Haven't used them in over 6 months so curious if this program was discontinued or ???
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by wotan2525
Has anyone used their JP Morgan concierge recently? I sent them an email, received an automated response and then no follow up. Haven't used them in over 6 months so curious if this program was discontinued or ???
Not recently - last time i used them was last year to find a rental Ferrari for me in Austria.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by rj123456
Suggestions for good ways to use the Club level upgrades? I got the card for the free nights and don't normally stay at ritzy hotels
Best uses for the Platinum Elite status?
I would recommend searching around for the best standard room rates at properties you want to stay at (rates can be highly variable, so flexibility is key). From my experience, RCs in the Caribbean have excellent Club levels (Aruba was excellent IMHO). Since club level upgrades are good for up to 7 days, I would try to maximize their use.

Platinum at Ritz doesn't go very far, although apparently things have changed for the positive somewhat.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
It does not have to be within 30 days of AF posting; if the AF already posted then a credit will automagically appear within a few days of lowering. For the second AF, YMMV. I don't know of any data points showing this works for the third AF or beyond...
How does it work in the second year? If the CL stays low, why would the AF be charged? Does the CL get automatically bumped up after a while, they charge the AF, and then you have to call in to reduce it again? Sorry, I'm in my first year : )
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:11 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DjRocket
.... If the CL stays low, why would the AF be charged? ....
The regulation (that Chase has improperly applied) only applies to the first year after the card is issued.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:38 pm

DP: Anniversary is coming up-- received notification in mail. 50k cert deposited in my account. AF is not hit yet.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Any recent datapoints of gift cards working in small denominations. I was thinking $25 or $50 to pass off as baggage fees on Delta, Air Canada or JetBlue. I heard Delta is still coded as Delta GC. Just checking. Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.