Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Well, it can cover domestic first by buying an economy ticket and than changing it within the first 24 hours to a first class ticket - and than the delta is upgrade fee that is refunded without any issues. Not as good as buying domestic first class ticket, but you could cover the credit in a trip or two.
Well that's a interesting idea. You have done this before?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Werty7777
Well that's a interesting idea. You have done this before?
I have done it with upgrades at check-in before, not quite what I've described yet - but sure plan to do so next year.

There are some positives of having a manual process like this, and this is one of them. When actually talking to an agent I've never got push back, and don't expect any in this case, as long as there will be two separate transactions (i.e., the basic ticket and the upgrade)
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Originally Posted by wotan2525
Anyone know if these are locked into RC properties or if they can be used at any SPG/Marriott resort?
If it is limited to RC wouldn’t it say that? I’ll be curious to know the answer to this question.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sig05
Agree completely. Seems like a great perk until you realize that you just lost your free bags. For two of us to travel with bags, it is going to cost be $100 on baggage fees, which completely offsets the the $100 discount. They are forcing you to use the $300 credit reimbursement.
Don't you get one free carry-on bag with any airline you book with? I have the United Club Card as well, so I get free baggage on UA flights when I use the Club card, but I don't know what current practices are at other airlines and haven't used the RC Rewards Card yet to make a discounted reservation. But I would think you'd get one free carry-on, but have to pay for any additional baggage on the discounted reservation perk of RC Rewards Card. Am I wrong?

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Aug 25, 2018 at 9:07 pm Reason: To add information.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: cnb reward for travel/gas/restaurant/grocery
deleted

Last edited by thomasmessi; Aug 26, 2018 at 11:45 am Reason: quote wrong
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: cnb reward for travel/gas/restaurant/grocery
Originally Posted by phant0m
Damn mine dropped to Gold as well. I'll have to contact them after all of this blows over and tell them that I did 10k on the Ritz and see what happens.
Did you get any result? I spent 10K too last year, mine dropped to gold as well, need to figure out how to get to platinum. As a thought, if we are not able to spend 10K and get platinum in the future years, it's a bit disappointed to hold RC going forward...
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by thomasmessi
Did you get any result? I spent 10K too last year, mine dropped to gold as well, need to figure out how to get to platinum. As a thought, if we are not able to spend 10K and get platinum in the future years, it's a bit disappointed to hold RC going forward...
that was never the case for future years. This card going forward is good for $100 visa air discount, $2,500 medical insurance for travel, priority pass unlimited guest plus free cards for AU with priority pass unlimited also, club upgrades on ritz (really nice perk).
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
that was never the case for future years. This card going forward is good for $100 visa air discount, $2,500 medical insurance for travel, priority pass unlimited guest plus free cards for AU with priority pass unlimited also, club upgrades on ritz (really nice perk).
I thought the unlimited free guests is gone as of today and it's only two free guests, or does that only apply to the JPMR and CSR PP memberships?

Also, what happens if we merge our SPG and MR accounts and the membership number changes? Do we need to notify Chase and request a new card?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Is there any way to get existing RC free nights converted to points so that they can be used at any Marriott property?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
I thought the unlimited free guests is gone as of today and it's only two free guests, or does that only apply to the JPMR and CSR PP memberships?

Also, what happens if we merge our SPG and MR accounts and the membership number changes? Do we need to notify Chase and request a new card?
your account has the “old number” still listed so I bet it is likely you don’t have to do anything (unless you just want the number on the card updated). You get to choose whether you keep your SPG or Marriott number depending on what site you initiate the merge from.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by navatwal
Is there any way to get existing RC free nights converted to points so that they can be used at any Marriott property?
Mine already have
  • RCR Card 1 Free Night up to 60,000 Points

Expires:

Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07

your account has the “old number” still listed so I bet it is likely you don’t have to do anything (unless you just want the number on the card updated). You get to choose whether you keep your SPG or Marriott number depending on what site you initiate the merge from.
I would keep the ritz/marriott number personally.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:20 am

Not sure if this was mentioned before. But it looks like they changed the card from being a fully metal card to a metal core plastic sandwich like the Sapphire Preferred card.

That's how my replacement arrived anyway (old one expired). Guess they decided to save some money on the card itself.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
I would keep the ritz/marriott number personally.
that is what I did yes.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by macmedic

Mine already have
  • RCR Card 1 Free Night up to 60,000 Points

Expires:

Mine are attached to reservations, when I cancel hopefully they show as converted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.