Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by m.photog
I am new as well. Made the $4,000 spend to get the free nights but didn't spend $10,000 yet. still showing Gold Elite in the app.
so its not an automatic upgrade? We actually have to spend the $10k? I just got the card on July 31!
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by googs185

so its not an automatic upgrade? We actually have to spend the $10k? I just got the card on July 31!
I would simmer down. The websites are still down and it is too soon to make any conclusions about the transition. Wait. Breathe.
m.photog likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Originally Posted by googs185

i just closed the app and logged back in, I am now Platinum Elite. The mystery is solved so I am going to bed. 😁
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Any old Plats from 75k spend see Plat Premier yet? Nothing from signout/signin...
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by m.photog
i just closed the app and logged back in, I am now Platinum Elite. The mystery is solved so I am going to bed. 😁
I'm showing as Plat too as a first year Ritz cardholder. Win one for the little guy!
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: AS, UA, IHG, HH,
Originally Posted by msp3
Any old Plats from 75k spend see Plat Premier yet? Nothing from signout/signin...
Plat from 75k spend, still showing Plat elite in app and website
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
You could have seen it in the past on the SPG App. Remains to be seen if that would survive the update - as they are currently out of sync (not surprisingly)
Well the SPG App is no more - everything (apart from the booking part) is converted to Marriott format - so I guess a call on Monday it is.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by BoeingOrNotGoing
Plat from 75k spend, still showing Plat elite in app and website
Same here
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Unfortunately data points are starting to come in that even SPG Golds from Amex Platinums are seeing their status as Platinum as well...
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Edit: Added photo. Rewards site is up. My status is Platinum Elite with an infinity sign on one corner. Pretty sure it means lifetime status as the same sign is shown in the lifetime benefits page. Too bad I only made plat 8 years, missing the 10 years req for LTPP.

Last edited by chirawat; Aug 19, 2018 at 10:54 am Reason: Add photo
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyingKansan
Unfortunately data points are starting to come in that even SPG Golds from Amex Platinums are seeing their status as Platinum as well...
I kinda recall that's been discussed before perhaps on other thread/board. My understanding has always been that they will get complimentary MR Plat until end of 2019 then it will change to MR Gold. This way Marriott won't alienate a group of potential big spenders too much, giving them 15 months to try out.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by chirawat
My understanding has always been that they will get complimentary MR Plat until end of 2019 .....
No, ms mia's SPG account was Gold from American Express Platinum, and it is still Gold today (as expected). Her SPG account was not linked to a Marriott account, and today she has a new account number.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:23 am

I saw comments about what happens to MR travel packages. I’m not sure I understand what happens to the 2 free Ritz Tier 1-4 nights I’ll get from my new visa. Tier 1-3 travel packages map to category 6. But Tier 4-5 map to category 7.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rrgg
I saw comments about what happens to MR travel packages. I’m not sure I understand what happens to the 2 free Ritz Tier 1-4 nights I’ll get from my new visa. Tier 1-3 travel packages map to category 6. But Tier 4-5 map to category 7.
They turn into 60k point certs.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
They turn into 60k point certs.
This. Mine now are labeled as "RCR Card 1 Free Night up to 60,000 Points" and they have the same expiration date as previously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.