Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, United Silver
Targeted bonus points

Anyone that did NOT receive the targeted bonus points promotion (spend $4k, get 2k extra Ritz/Marriot points by mid September - per FrequentMiler) have any luck getting the promotion after talking/messaging Chase? I SM'd Chase and they told me

I regret that at this time your account does not have the offer you requested. We'll notify you when such an offer becomes available. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:13 pm

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:39 am
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by mster
For those who have applied and been approved for this card:

(1) If you had an existing Marriott account: how many days after card approval before your Marriott account reflected Gold status?

(2) If you got a new (Chase created) Marriott account: How many days after card approval before your Marriott account reflected Gold status?
Just got my card 2 weeks ago. I was instantly approved on a Saturday night. By Tuesday/Wednesday my Marriott account already showed Gold Elite status.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:36 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by steelydeely
Just got my card 2 weeks ago. I was instantly approved on a Saturday night. By Tuesday/Wednesday my Marriott account already showed Gold Elite status.
Our 1st RC status took more than a week. The 2nd RC changed in less than a week. Both have account numbers.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by mia
If you ask Chase to reduce the Ritz Carlton card's credit limit to $1,500 the system will automatically refund the annual fee. You can use Search this Thread to read other posts that explain why this happens. It does not work with other Chase cards.
I reduced my AF to 1500 a couple of months ago, and the AF hit my account on 1 July. 3 weeks later and it has not been refunded. Any advice on how I should proceed? If it never gets refunded I’ll likely keep the card anyway, but I’d love to save the AF if I can. TIA
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Microwave

I reduced my AF to 1500 a couple of months ago, and the AF hit my account on 1 July. 3 weeks later and it has not been refunded. Any advice on how I should proceed? If it never gets refunded I’ll likely keep the card anyway, but I’d love to save the AF if I can. TIA
Is this the second year? I don't believe it works if you lower with the intention of getting the second year refunded. The first year gets refunded and the second year may get refunded if you keep CL as is and then usually it's guaranteed to hit on the 3rd year.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I’ve had the card for several years, and have had a much higher CL until ~2 months ago.

Shall I keep it as-is for a year and maybe I’ll dodge the bullet next year?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Microwave
I’ve had the card for several years, and have had a much higher CL until ~2 months ago.

Shall I keep it as-is for a year and maybe I’ll dodge the bullet next year?
Any reason to not cancel and get the card again? You'll get the 2 Ritz Tier 4 certs (which will likely convert to a cert worth 60,000 pts which will let you book any hotel Aug to Dec) and then you can immediately lower CL and keep the card fee-free for a year or two. Plus get a new travel credit for the remainder of this year (assuming you have already used your 2018 credit on current card). I think at this point you'll likely be paying the fee regardless of the CL since the CARD Act applies to the first year annual fee I believe and doesn't need to be enforced for additional years.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:36 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Willbur
Any reason to not cancel and get the card again? You'll get the 2 Ritz Tier 4 certs (which will likely convert to a cert worth 60,000 pts which will let you book any hotel Aug to Dec) and then you can immediately lower CL and keep the card fee-free for a year or two. Plus get a new travel credit for the remainder of this year (assuming you have already used your 2018 credit on current card). I think at this point you'll likely be paying the fee regardless of the CL since the CARD Act applies to the first year annual fee I believe and doesn't need to be enforced for additional years.
You think Chase will be this stupid?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Willbur
Alternatively, Microwave could downgrade the Ritz to a Marriott card and then apply for the Ritz again to get the bonus. That's what I'd probably do - especially if over 5/24 since the Marriott card is 5/24 restricted while the Ritz isn't.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Alternatively, Microwave could downgrade the Ritz to a Marriott card and then apply for the Ritz again to get the bonus. That's what I'd probably do - especially if over 5/24 since the Marriott card is 5/24 restricted while the Ritz isn't.
you can PC to Marriott card?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
you can PC to Marriott card?
I haven't personally done this but I've seen DPs that you can downgrade the Ritz to the Marriott. Remember that Chase will not let you PC from one co-brand card to another, so Marriott <-> Ritz would the only PC option for those two cards.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
You think Chase will be this stupid?
What's the stupid part? I did this exact thing earlier this year.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:27 am

I kinda want to get a second RC card for the bonus but Chase has been extremely stingy in extending me further credit.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Any thoughts on what will happen to the free night certs earned as a sign up bonus? It seems like this thread says they would be converted to points, but what if they are earned sometime in August or September (I just got the card a few days ago).
We now have a pretty clear answer
I would safely say that that they become 60K certificates. Just unsure if expiration date stays the same or extended or ?

https://members.marriott.com/faq/#i-...a-after-august

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.