Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by nexusCFX

Your agreement explicitly states that Chase is not responsible for the fulfillment of benefits related to Marriott program status.
Of course it does. It also state they can change any term they want about the benefits and rewards.

It does not make it right, and it does not change the fact that Chase DO have the power to make things right if they wish to do so.

One can just accept everything as it is, or try to change things, even if the outcome is not likely.

I really not sure what is your point any more.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
I got my card end of Jan so my first year gold is only till 2019. Now I’m close to 10k but my next statement will be past August 1st. I asked Chase and all they could do is copy/paste the card benefits and told me anything other than these I have to contact Marriott. This really sucks.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by ycc777
I got my card end of Jan so my first year gold is only till 2019. Now I’m close to 10k but my next statement will be past August 1st. I asked Chase and all they could do is copy/paste the card benefits and told me anything other than these I have to contact Marriott. This really sucks.
Just change your statement day to like 25 - best shot to get this to post before aug 1.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Requesting a change now is unlikely to affect the July closing date.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDO
Has anyone asked marriott whats going to happen to our current rits certs?
IMHO, asking Marriott about this stuff right now is a horrible idea. You get everything from wrong answers (because not having any info, they try to guess! ) to even some agents saying "what new program?"!

Read the various threads in the Marriott forum about various aspects of the new program, and you'll find tons of examples of people asking Marriott about stuff in the new program and getting wrong answers (one person asked 4 people and got 4 different answers !).
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:33 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I read the latest RC/MC/SPG conversion document. It only mentions that the Status through SPG linking does not count. It never mentions the RC/MR.

My understanding is that, the RC/MR merger was completed. RC=MR, and we even get the same RC/MR number. If you are RC Gold now, you are MR Gold now. I would be surprised if told the other way.
danbnash likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:48 pm

any luck getting a southwest ticket reimbursed? I am planing to put $800 in flights on my card. Is that too obvious?

Gift cards a better option?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by mia
Requesting a change now is unlikely to affect the July closing date.
I've had it happen with the CSR and trying to use the travel credit before EOY; change the statement day to 8 days after one of my parents applied and it took affect.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by khochurn
any luck getting a southwest ticket reimbursed? I am planing to put $800 in flights on my card. Is that too obvious?

Gift cards a better option?
All in one transaction? Too much. Split up the transactions to a bunch of smaller ones.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I applied for this card last week and got the "30 day letter" notice upon submission. Tried calling retention immediately afterwards to ask if I can move credit lines around (I have 5 total chase cards, CSR, Hyatt, IHG, Freedom, Freedom U) but I was told that I couldn't do anything and would need to wait 10 days now instead of 30. Got my letter in the mail today, denied. Reasons given were:

"You have too many active accounts or too much available credit"
"Too many recent requests for credit or reviews of your credit"

The first point I get, my total Chase credit line is about 65K. This is why I was willing to move credit around but I was not given that choice. The second point I don't get, since when did this card care about number of recent credit requests? It hasn't even been THAT many (6 in last 12 months). I know this card was supposed to not be affected by 5/24, so what gives?

Is it worth calling recon again tomorrow to see if they can do anything for me?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
I applied for this card last week and got the "30 day letter" notice upon submission. Tried calling retention immediately afterwards to ask if I can move credit lines around (I have 5 total chase cards, CSR, Hyatt, IHG, Freedom, Freedom U) but I was told that I couldn't do anything and would need to wait 10 days now instead of 30. Got my letter in the mail today, denied. Reasons given were:

"You have too many active accounts or too much available credit"
"Too many recent requests for credit or reviews of your credit"

The first point I get, my total Chase credit line is about 65K. This is why I was willing to move credit around but I was not given that choice. The second point I don't get, since when did this card care about number of recent credit requests? It hasn't even been THAT many (6 in last 12 months). I know this card was supposed to not be affected by 5/24, so what gives?

Is it worth calling recon again tomorrow to see if they can do anything for me?
There is always a chance. Offer to lower the limits on existing cards. That used to work all the time in the old days, not sure now. Advice seems to be to lower the limits on your open cards before applyinng so they can give you more.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
I just got a letter from Chase/Ritz confirming the changes to the card effective 8/26/18. A summary of the changes listed:
- 6 points/$ spent at RC, Marriott and SPG hotels.
- 3 points/$ spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies and restaurants.
- 2 points/$ on all other purchases

- Free Night Award every year after account anniversary (up to 50k points)
- Free in-room premium internet access
- Automatic Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status (no more $10K spend each year to achieve)
- staring in 2019, "one 15 Elite night credits benefit per calendar year"

- 10% annual points premium is gone.

Letter also came with the updated guide to benefits.

My anniversary is a few months away. Now, I have to decide whether this card is worth keeping for $95/yr ($395-300).
chirawat likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
I just got a letter from Chase/Ritz confirming the changes to the card effective 8/26/18. A summary of the changes listed:
- 6 points/$ spent at RC, Marriott and SPG hotels.
- 3 points/$ spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies and restaurants.
- 2 points/$ on all other purchases

- Free Night Award every year after account anniversary (up to 50k points)
- Free in-room premium internet access
- Automatic Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status (no more $10K spend each year to achieve)
- staring in 2019, "one 15 Elite night credits benefit per calendar year"

- 10% annual points premium is gone.

My anniversary is a few months away. Now, I have to decide whether this card is worth keeping for $95/yr ($395-300).
It is a keeper to me, no brainer. For the spending rewards, all will be on either CSR or AmEx Plat. With the $10k spending bonus is gone, I won't put on charges other than RC stays.

For most people, the AF is $450. After the $300 travel credit, it is a $150 AF card. The annual hotel night is worth well above $150. And we get $100 airfare credit, Global Entry credit and MR Gold. For most people the new RC is better with the annual hotel night.

For the first year, RC should get MR Plat. Then we'll have to earn the MR Plat.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Starwood,Delta, Ritz,
Ritz Carlton card from Chase

Does anyone know if this card still makes sense from Chase? My Hyatt card is about to come up and I am not using it. I also am not sure what the merger with Starwood and Marriott means for this card?

Anyone know something we should?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Mod, please merge this one to the main RC discussions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.