Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Is there a recent discussion as to what is working for the $300 annual credit? I saw an old Doc of Credit post from a few years ago, but nothing from this year. Just telling me YMMV is not helpful, I would like to see an active discussion with datapoints.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
For the $100 flight discount, does the card holder has to be on the itinerary?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by westlaker
For the $100 flight discount, does the card holder has to be on the itinerary?
Yes they do. I made my son an authorized user so he can use this benefit.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
I am thinking of getting the Ritz card by 7.31.2018 for the gold status. If I use points to book award nights for relatives, will they receive free breakfast on 8.01.2018 or after stays or do I have to be staying as well?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by opus2002
I am thinking of getting the Ritz card by 7.31.2018 for the gold status. If I use points to book award nights for relatives, will they receive free breakfast on 8.01.2018 or after stays or do I have to be staying as well?
You have to be staying for any status-related benefits to apply.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I just got approved for mine along with an AU. Should I just call or SM Chase to get Priority Pass for myself and the AU?

Last edited by nexusCFX; Jul 1, 2018 at 10:30 am
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I just got approved for mine along with an AU. Should I just call or SM Chase to get Priority Pass for myself and the AU?
Your PP cards should come in the mail automatically. It isn't like the CSR or Amex Plat.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Your PP cards should come in the mail automatically. It isn't like the CSR or Amex Plat.
Thanks. Just called to unlink SPG and Marriott as well to avoid problems with the status migration. Hoping for the best with everything since I won't hit the min spend for the Tier 4 certs until the end of August.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:53 pm

My account anniversary is 7/11/18 and this will be the third year of my card. I was not charged the $395 (grandfathered AF) in the first two years but all data points suggest I will be charged this fee in August. I have only spent $2k so far on this card since the last anniversary. I have the following questions for the experts:
1) Do I need to spend the remaining $8k before my account anniversary (7/11/18) or $10k before 8/1/18?
2) Is it worthwhile to spend $8k/10k for the platinum status? Most of my spend is on chase cards that get me average 4-6% return through ultimate rewards. I would say I spend between 10-15 nights at Marriott hotels per annum most of which are for work so breakfast is reimbursed. If it is still worthwhile to meet the spend, any suggestions on the best way to do this within the short time frame.
3) Should I cancel this card considering the limited usage. Have always gotten the $300 credit but not used the flight credit so far (since typically flying Southwest with my companion pass). Have used the gold upgrade a few times at Marriott resorts.

Thank you for your input!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:15 pm

Thanks. Just called to unlink SPG and Marriott as well to avoid problems with the status migration. Hoping for the best with everything since I won't hit the min spend for the Tier 4 certs until the end of August.
What did you mention, just wanted to unlink?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
What did you mention, just wanted to unlink?
I called SPG and said I wanted to unlink because Marriott's IT is really bad and I don't want any status migration problems. My SPG profile showed that the connection is gone within about 12hrs, but my Marriott account still shows my SPG number, gold status, etc. Probably takes a bit to propagate.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:16 pm

I called SPG and said I wanted to unlink because Marriott's IT is really bad and I don't want any status migration problems. My SPG profile showed that the connection is gone within about 12hrs, but my Marriott account still shows my SPG number, gold status, etc. Probably takes a bit to propagate.
You don't trust being able to resolve it after the fact if needed?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
If I book a Ritz through AmEx's Fine Hotels & Resorts, can I still use the club level upgrade or does the benefit not stack with FHR? Would I earn 5 points per dollar on the Ritz card on an FHR reservation?

Last edited by BA_Jfan; Jul 2, 2018 at 5:54 pm
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
If I book a Ritz through AmEx's Fine Hotels & Resorts, can I still use the club level upgrade or does the benefit not stack with FHR? Would I earn 5 points per dollar on the Ritz card on an FHR reservation?
Club Level upgrade has to be used with the payment on the Ritz Card.

Can't use Ritz card to pay with FHR cause it's not an Amex.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by txpenny
Love those as well.

I just booked my three free day sign up bonus from 18 months or so ago at the Ritz-Osaka. I've never paid to stay at that hotel (always points) and have always been able to negotiate club access for my point stays.

M extended them for my by a year.

Great card. Hope it sticks around for a while.
Here now. Was upgraded to a very nice suite and paid 12,500Y/night for the club upgrade. Very worth while since Thursday's forecast is for 4" of rain.

Took a day trip to Nara today. Nara Park is well worth the time. I clearly bought too much deer food. First time I've ever been stalked by deer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.