Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
So the Ritz Gold status from the Ritz-Carlton credit card will give you a platinum status after August? I thought that the Gold status not earned by actual stay will not become platinum. But yesterdays' Frequent Miler's post says having the Ritz credit card before August will give you Platinum after August.

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...ard-right-now/
Until it is confirmed by starwook lurker , its nothing official. Even his word may not be official , until u get the actual status on Aug 1st. FM did a post for good referral commission.

When the prog was first announced , all the bloggers did a post on Amex plat and Spg card to get gold , assuming it will get platinum. Apart from readers , every other bloggers went gold with referrals.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
So the Ritz Gold status from the Ritz-Carlton credit card will give you a platinum status after August? I thought that the Gold status not earned by actual stay will not become platinum. But yesterdays' Frequent Miler's post says having the Ritz credit card before August will give you Platinum after August.

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...ard-right-now/

The way I understand it (which of course could be completely wrong) is that Gold status in Marriott that was comped from SPG Gold would not be converted to Platinum. Otherwise Gold Marriott would be (and the e-mail they have sent me seems to indicate the same).

The argument would be that there was an fair exchange for the status and it is not just comped (i.e., the required spend on the card).

Of course, that might not mean anything in the Marriott world. And I'm not sure the IT systems are smart enough to know the difference.

We'll figure it out in August.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
The way I understand it (which of course could be completely wrong) is that Gold status in Marriott that was comped from SPG Gold would not be converted to Platinum. Otherwise Gold Marriott would be (and the e-mail they have sent me seems to indicate the same).

The argument would be that there was an fair exchange for the status and it is not just comped (i.e., the required spend on the card).

Of course, that might not mean anything in the Marriott world. And I'm not sure the IT systems are smart enough to know the difference.

We'll figure it out in August.
It might be a good idea to unlink your accounts so it doesn't see that matched Gold beforehand.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:08 am

Is there any up to date documentation on what chase will reimburse via the fee credit?
I'm trying to decide if this card is worth bothering with.

Giftcards for AA looks like it's mostly not working now. Delta GCs hasn't been working for a while now.
Those are my most commonly used airlines.

Perhaps it worth getting the card and then lowering the limit?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by nullstring
Is there any up to date documentation on what chase will reimburse via the fee credit?
I'm trying to decide if this card is worth bothering with.

Giftcards for AA looks like it's mostly not working now. Delta GCs hasn't been working for a while now.
Those are my most commonly used airlines.

Perhaps it worth getting the card and then lowering the limit?
AA gift cards worked for me. Just don't say they're gift cards.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by phant0m
AA gift cards worked for me. Just don't say they're gift cards.
When did you last try that?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by nullstring
When did you last try that?
Two weeks ago.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by opus2002
Does Chase still send the Ritz card via overnight mail? From application date, how long did it take to get this card?
It took me about two weeks. They can't expedite it. The shipping itself is overnight, but apparently they have to go through a "process" before they ship it out that takes a while.
opus2002 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:15 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by RedSun
My Ritz anniversary is late September. I've had $6k first year spending. Not sure if I should spend a little more to get to $10k. Probably I do not need to, but want to play safe.
Anyone?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:41 pm

Anyone?
I guess the question is: do you want Platinum until Feb 2019 or Platinum until Feb 2020? Status is good for the year you earn it, the following year, and up to February of the next year.

As I understand it, and I think this is the same speculation that's floating around:
Marriott Gold earned via Ritz $10k
in 2017 - Platinum until Feb 2019.
Jan-Jul 2018 - Platinum Elite until Feb 2020.
after Aug 2018 - gold.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:45 pm

What happens for purchases above your CL on the Ritz?

Issue: Hitting $10k in the next month on a $1.5k CL.

With a reduced CL, this becomes a bit of an issue. With Visa Infinite cards my understanding is there technically isn't an upper CL but it's more in line with Amex's charge card policy. Can anyone provide some first-hand experience?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:02 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by applesauce
I guess the question is: do you want Platinum until Feb 2019 or Platinum until Feb 2020? Status is good for the year you earn it, the following year, and up to February of the next year.

As I understand it, and I think this is the same speculation that's floating around:
Marriott Gold earned via Ritz $10k
in 2017 - Platinum until Feb 2019.
Jan-Jul 2018 - Platinum Elite until Feb 2020.
after Aug 2018 - gold.
I'm still within the first year until Sept-2018. According to the above, I should be matched to Marriott Plat (if rumor is true) until Feb 2020? What happens if I hit the $10k before the Sept-2018 anniversary? Does it hurt or help anything?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:03 pm

I'm still within the first year until Sept-2018. According to the above, I should be matched to Marriott Plat (if rumor is true) until Feb 2020? What happens if I hit the $10k before the Sept-2018 anniversary? Does it hurt or help anything?
You received gold through the Ritz in Sept 2017 so it is only good until Feb 2019, not Feb 2020.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by applesauce
What happens for purchases above your CL on the Ritz?

Issue: Hitting $10k in the next month on a $1.5k CL.

With a reduced CL, this becomes a bit of an issue. With Visa Infinite cards my understanding is there technically isn't an upper CL but it's more in line with Amex's charge card policy. Can anyone provide some first-hand experience?
Pay off charge as soon as it hits pending
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by sds1493
Pay off charge as soon as it hits pending
That would be cycling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.