Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by Bossa Nova
Yes, Hawaiian Airlines is available
Thanks. I've seen a lot of lists on line, but none that had HA either in or out.

Re "before it goes away": i.e. before introduction of the next set of Chase and Amex Marriott cards, which IIRC is supposed to happen some time in the next year or so.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:51 pm

Ahhhh 2 years later my annual fee has finally hit. $395.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Recently requested and received the full travel credit for a revenue ticket on Turkish. Called the number on the back of the card - no questions asked.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
Recently requested and received the full travel credit for a revenue ticket on Turkish. Called the number on the back of the card - no questions asked.
how big was the txn? $100+, $200+?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Originally Posted by gnomey
how big was the txn? $100+, $200+?
In the $300-500 range. I told them the price in liras to make it sound more like a purchase I made at the airport, but they didn't seem to have any concerns about it.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
In the $300-500 range. I told them the price in liras to make it sound more like a purchase I made at the airport, but they didn't seem to have any concerns about it.

I called for 6 waivers at once and she kind of just went down the line and just granted them all until it hit $300 (was only a bit more). Could not have been easier. Just responded with a few yes, those were airline fees. None of those were ticket charges directly. Afterall, who is paying $28 for plane tickets on jetblue or BA?

I think this is a very much YMMV call. If you have a stickler, might be worth it to drop the call and try again. That $180 lufthansa charge went as an unknown fee that I did not even answer to, I just said, yea i got an exit row seat (i did).

Anyone having any luck dropping their line to ~1300 euros? I could only get down to ~4000 euro due to visa infinite references, I just referenced the inability to have AU lines be different and asked. But I think i will call back to see if i can get it to that ~1300 euro range.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by phant0m
Ahhhh 2 years later my annual fee has finally hit. $395.
I wonder if you were to increase your credit limit and then decrease it a week or so later whether the fee would be refunded again?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:10 pm

I hit the 10k spend the first year to get gold for the second year. I am thinking about canceling the card to avoid the annual fee. Will I keep gold status if I cancel the card?

Also, how long does it take priority pass memberships to end after canceling the card?

Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Los_Pepes
Our annual fee on our Ritz card is coming up and we wanted to cancel. We have reservations booked using the free night vouchers in the coming month. If we cancel the card before using the vouchers, will our reservation be in jeopardy?

Thank you!
Originally Posted by Willbur
The free nights aren't attached to the credit card once you have them in your account. You can cancel the card.
Thanks for this info. Since I'm about to be in the same boat, I just wanted to make sure this hasn't somehow changed. In other words: we retain our (already booked) three free nights even if I cancel the card, right?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Thanks for this info. Since I'm about to be in the same boat, I just wanted to make sure this hasn't somehow changed. In other words: we retain our (already booked) three free nights even if I cancel the card, right?
One billion percent still the case. Once you have the certificates in your account they're all yours regardless of your credit card account status.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Willbur
One billion percent still the case. Once you have the certificates in your account they're all yours regardless of your credit card account status.
Thanks again!
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by mmoncrieff
I hit the 10k spend the first year to get gold for the second year. I am thinking about canceling the card to avoid the annual fee. Will I keep gold status if I cancel the card?

Also, how long does it take priority pass memberships to end after canceling the card?

Thanks!
Pp benefits are immediate.

do you have Amex plat? Status match the SPG gold to your ritz gold status
no need to spend a dime on the ritz card.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Any advice before applying for this card? I've currently got 15 card accounts (plan to eliminate 1 in a month or two), with $215K credit line spread across them all, always fully paid off, 800+ credit score, 10 new cards in the last 24 months, 4 of them this year, 8 in the last 12 months, with about $57K credit line with my current chase cards (CSR/CFU/CF/IHG). Should I lower some of my credit lines first before applying for this card? I heard Visa Infinite cards require a minimum $10K initial line of credit?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
Any advice before applying for this card? I've currently got 15 card accounts (plan to eliminate 1 in a month or two), with $215K credit line spread across them all, always fully paid off, 800+ credit score, 10 new cards in the last 24 months, 4 of them this year, 8 in the last 12 months, with about $57K credit line with my current chase cards (CSR/CFU/CF/IHG). Should I lower some of my credit lines first before applying for this card? I heard Visa Infinite cards require a minimum $10K initial line of credit?
If you haven't been actively lowering your Chase limits when you get new Chase cards (which it seems like is the case) then I'd recommend freeing up some space for the card ahead of time by lower your limits. I usually ensure that my current is about $20k lower than any prior maximum I've had with Chase. So if $57k is the max you've had with chase in total then I'd decrease to $35k total or so.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:25 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

No need to lower the total CL. Chase will do that for you if it sees you are extended. It took $30,000 CL out of my $50,000 CSR CL when I got the Ritz card. But I've since moved the CL back to the CSR again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.