Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:04 pm

Yes, they charge $75 for a roll away bed. but you can just sleep with your kids if you don't want to pay for it.Regarding welcome gift for kids, it is free.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Yes, they charge $75 for a roll away bed. but you can just sleep with your kids if you don't want to pay for it.Regarding welcome gift for kids, it is free.
thanks a lot. Got a toddler so maybe we could use a crib. Are those free ?
or do most rooms have those decent sized couches that when you remove back cushions you can sleep on them

thanks
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:20 pm

Yes, cribs are free, you an request ahead of time on the mobile app or at checkin. Some properties also have baby toiletries (lotion, shampoo, bath soap) on request.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by dw
Great find! Looks like the changes (other than sign up bonus) are:

- annual fee now $450
- card is now a Visa Infinite
- Lounge Club becomes Priority Pass Select
- no more club upgrades
- new $100 off airfare discount, fulfilled through Visa Infinite (note that the T&Cs imply that you may be restricted to certain airlines or flights for each itinerary)
By lowering my CL to $1500 I had the annual fee reversed and still got the free nights and the $300 fees. 2nd year has hit and still no annual fee. I understand this is common for Chase cards. How long can this go on ? As long as you keep the CL $1500 ? What an amazing quirk.

Last edited by tassojunior; Jan 15, 2018 at 12:41 am
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Guys any tips on what’s a good place to use the two night cert?

Thinking just a romantic weekend maybe pay for one extra night if necessary. I don’t intend to burn points for this as I prefer to hoard them for flights.

Thanks. greater NYC Based and basically looking for ideas for long wkd where I could snag flights for under $200 a piece from time to time to keep the costs down. Florida ? Don’t care for nyc. Canada is too cold now anyway.

Need to use the certs by late Jan, as I doubt Marriott will let me extend them again

Thanks!
Can't beat Half Moon Bay. Amazing hotel. Not a normal RC....very 5 star boutique-like. Check out the normal prices !
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by tassojunior
By lowering my CL to $1500 I had the annual fee reversed and still got the free nights and the $300 fees. 2nd year has hit and still no annual fee. I understand this is common for Chase cards. How long can this go on ? As long as you keep the CL $1500 ? What an amazing quirk.
My fee, after the one that was reversed the first year, hit at the beginning of year 3.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Jetlagged Traveler
My fee, after the one that was reversed the first year, hit at the beginning of year 3.
My CSR told me also that I would have an annual fee due 12/18; the 3rd anniversary of my card. I don't see why if I keep my CL under $1500.

I haven't heard of this also happening on the CSR card.

Last edited by tassojunior; Jan 15, 2018 at 1:51 am
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by tassojunior
My CSR told me also that I would have an annual fee due 12/18; the 3rd anniversary of my card. I don't see why if I keep my CL under $1500.

I haven't heard of this also happening on the CSR card.
Because the card act only applies for the first year. You were lucky to get two years free.
Discussing a quirk with Chase is a good way to make the Ritz more like the CSR...
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
No Annual fee charged, another $300 for free from the RC card. Quite good value this card has become
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
No Annual fee charged, another $300 for free from the RC card. Quite good value this card has become
Retention offer?

I didn't get any when calling in.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Retention offer?

I didn't get any when calling in.
$1500 trick plus $300 credit for "airline fees"
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
$1500 trick plus $300 credit for "airline fees"
Did you call in or send a SM? How quickly after first receiving the card did you do this?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by moops380
Did you call in or send a SM? How quickly after first receiving the card did you do this?
i did it second cycle. first cycle i needed the limit to meet MSR
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by wotan2525
Any tips/tricks to extend expiration date on expiring free night certs?
Yes, call the number on the back of your card and ask. Extended it by a year from the date of the call, so choose your timing appropriately.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
i did it second cycle. first cycle i needed the limit to meet MSR
Did you do this via SM or a phone call?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.