Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
I had a purchase post on the 30th and requested a refund, and they processed it for 2017, but I messaged them to get them to change it for 2016.

Also, can I gift the club level upgrade certificates, or the $100 room credit if I book a hotel for someone else? (Family, friend)

Last edited by StatusChallenged; Jan 4, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
I had a purchase post on the 30th and requested a refund, and they processed it for 2017, but I messaged them to get them to change it for 2016.

Also, can I gift the club level upgrade certificates, or the $100 room credit if I book a hotel for someone else? (Family, friend)
It must pay with your card. So you must be with them, which means you must physically check in for the room.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:37 am

did you get the gift cards refunded even though it coded as GFT? Anyone have any data points on whether AA virtual versus physical gift cards are getting refunded since the new year?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:56 am

Are there any points rather than free night offers for any Ritz branded Chase cards, perhaps through referral offers? Do these free night awards reflect as a point balance in your account or are they literally free night redemptions?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by socrpro192
did you get the gift cards refunded even though it coded as GFT? Anyone have any data points on whether AA virtual versus physical gift cards are getting refunded since the new year?
I can't see the coding on my end (it's possible the reps can) but I had two different $200 AA Egift cards refunded by going exclusively through secure message.

When I called in, they denied a third Ecard because they said they could see it was a gift card.

My experience is that the SMs most likely go overseas and those reps don't care or can't see the gift card coding. When you call in, it's an American and they either do care or can see the gift card coding.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by GunneRy
I can't see the coding on my end (it's possible the reps can) but I had two different $200 AA Egift cards refunded by going exclusively through secure message.

When I called in, they denied a third Ecard because they said they could see it was a gift card.

My experience is that the SMs most likely go overseas and those reps don't care or can't see the gift card coding. When you call in, it's an American and they either do care or can see the gift card coding.
The SM folks are really hit or miss. All my charges are legit but they still could mess up. One time I asked for credit on Frontier luggage fee.. they put in a fraud alert saying that I rejected the charge. I had to reverse that on the phone. Another time I asked to credit $293 of AA seat upgrades on a certain date... they were really seat upgrade for 3 tickets. The SM came back saying they saw seat upgrade charges of $97.xx, $97.xx and $97.xx.. on that date but they have not seen the $293 yet...

I guess addition skill is not part of the job qualification for SM CSR.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:29 am

I got 3x $100 AA eGCs refunded in December (would make sure I got the credit before purchasing the next one). Two were over SM; on the third one the SM replied back asking for details of what the charge was for (I hadn't offered any explanation other than "$100 charge from American Airlines), so for that one I called in and asked when my statement closing date was, then mentioned could he reimburse my recent $100 AA charge, which he did no questions asked.

Currently waiting on my first $100 AA eGC for 2017 to post and then will SM again.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by bodiddely
I got 3x $100 AA eGCs refunded in December (would make sure I got the credit before purchasing the next one). Two were over SM; on the third one the SM replied back asking for details of what the charge was for (I hadn't offered any explanation other than "$100 charge from American Airlines), so for that one I called in and asked when my statement closing date was, then mentioned could he reimburse my recent $100 AA charge, which he did no questions asked.

Currently waiting on my first $100 AA eGC for 2017 to post and then will SM again.
Exactly. Over SM they typically only ask for the bare details and then give the credit.

Over the phone, they appear to actually review what the charge is for.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by OliverB
Are there any points rather than free night offers for any Ritz branded Chase cards, perhaps through referral offers? Do these free night awards reflect as a point balance in your account or are they literally free night redemptions?
The free night awards go into your account as 3x certificates for tier 1-4 free nights at RC properties.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:00 am

I've got my 2 free nights expiring this month. Do I call Ritz rewards to extend these or JPM ?

Do they extend without a problem or must I have a valid reason?
Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
I've got my 2 free nights expiring this month. Do I call Ritz rewards to extend these or JPM ?

Do they extend without a problem or must I have a valid reason?
Thanks
Called the JPM number on the back of the card. Was offered a one-time exception to extend the cert - I just had one remaining so not sure what happens with two. I believe it was extended another 6 months but can't say for sure.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:11 pm

Upgrades advice- though the generic reservations center will tell you that you cannot, under any circumstances, upgrade from the standard room booked with certificates to a suite, if you call the front desk of the individual hotels, they often will allow this.

The numbers have ranged between $150 per night to $400 per night to get a suite.

The $400 upgrade was for a room that lists for $2500 per night, so I should be able to get three nights for $1200 total instead of $7500. A good deal, I think.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:19 pm

Upgrades advice- though the generic reservations center will tell you that you cannot, under any circumstances, upgrade from the standard room booked with certificates to a suite, if you call the front desk of the individual hotels, they often will allow this.

The numbers have ranged between $150 per night to $400 per night to get a suite.

The $400 upgrade was for a room that lists for $2500 per night, so I should be able to get three nights for $1200 total instead of $7500. A good deal, I think.
Can you upgrade with points?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:39 pm

Just approved for Sapphire Reserve and lowered my limit from $10,000 to $1,500 before I even received the card. I did the same thing with the Chase Ritz Carlton Rewards card and I avoided the annual fee for the first year. This hack was widely reported on numerous sites. Google "Ritz Carlton annual fee hack" and you'll see. Both cards are Chase and both are Visa Infinite program, so it will be interesting to see if this works again. Once fee is not charged I will transfer some credit limit from my Freedom back to my Reserve so I will have higher amount and can easily meet the $4K for the bonus.

Per the Credit Card Act from 2009 credit cards cannot have an annual fee that exceeds 25% of the credit limit.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by joshmo
Just approved for Sapphire Reserve and lowered my limit from $10,000 to $1,500 before I even received the card. I did the same thing with the Chase Ritz Carlton Rewards card and I avoided the annual fee for the first year. This hack was widely reported on numerous sites. Google "Ritz Carlton annual fee hack" and you'll see. Both cards are Chase and both are Visa Infinite program, so it will be interesting to see if this works again. Once fee is not charged I will transfer some credit limit from my Freedom back to my Reserve so I will have higher amount and can easily meet the $4K for the bonus.

Per the Credit Card Act from 2009 credit cards cannot have an annual fee that exceeds 25% of the credit limit.
nice report back please.

However it only works the first year. The CC Act says that they cannot impose fees that exceeds 25% of CL the FIRST year only. They can do what ever they want the 2nd year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.