Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:33 am

Quick question: I am considering cancelling this card but I have not used the free night certificates yet. Do I need to use them before I cancel or will they remain in my Marriott account? Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by joelmold
Quick question: I am considering cancelling this card but I have not used the free night certificates yet. Do I need to use them before I cancel or will they remain in my Marriott account? Thanks!
I'm pretty sure the certs are attached to the Marriott account, not the card.

Consider downgrading to a Marriott card instead though.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Richard Berg
Quick DP on the AF trick:

2016-09-01 $350 posted
2016-10-09 $350 credited
2017-09-20 statement cycled, no fee in sight
What is the AF trick?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:21 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by rj123456
What is the AF trick?
See HERE.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Correction: the $350 charges I listed earlier were actually $395.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:01 pm

Club Upgrades + UR Portal

I see that flights booked through UR portal tend to be treated as cash purchases that earn points, recognize status, etc.

Can I use my RC Club upgrade certificates on a stay purchased through UR portal, and if so, how do I go about doing that?

TIA
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by fj58
I see that flights...
This is not a useful analogy. The airline and hotel industries have very different relationships with online travel agencies. Here is what the terms of the upgrade certificates say:

Valid only on member rates and non-discounted rates available weekdays and weekends on standard and premium rooms. Not valid on special corporate negotiated rates, wholesale rates, discounts or promotions (includes AAA), packages, group rates, eChannel rates, advance purchase rates and Government rates. Reservation must be paid for with valid Ritz-Carlton Rewards credit card. Account must be open and not in default to maintain your Club Level E-certificates.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
For reference, no AF trick.

2016-08-05 applied for card
2016-08-25 1st statement
2016-09-01 year 1 $450 annual fee hit (appeared on 2nd statement, 2016-9-25)

Year 2 annual fee hasn't posted yet. I suspect it will be due on the 10-25 statment.
Fee posted over the wknd. No retention offer. My local CPC advisor unable to help.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by joelmold
My year 2 AF just hit my card. Can I lower the credit line to get my AF reduced prior to paying it? Or do I have to pay it, request a lower limit, then get a refund.

If the later, I might just move the credit and cancel.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Fee posted over the wknd. No retention offer. My local CPC advisor unable to help.
Hmm that means my 2nd year will probably post too. I wonder if I should just cancel and get another sign up bonus. Only thing though is that I won't be grandfathered into the lower annual fee.

The card itself isn't bad with the $300 travel rebate. Comes out to 3 club passes and $100 flight credit for $95.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Richard Berg
Correction: the $350 charges I listed earlier were actually $395.
Richard, did your Y2 AF post in the end?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Hmm that means my 2nd year will probably post too. I wonder if I should just cancel and get another sign up bonus. Only thing though is that I won't be grandfathered into the lower annual fee.

The card itself isn't bad with the $300 travel rebate. Comes out to 3 club passes and $100 flight credit for $95.
Yes, 3 club passes of up to 7 nites each (not uncommon to see a charge of $200/nite for paid ressie); $100 flight credit, unlimited use; $100 credit per stay of 2+ nites. Ymmv. Cheers.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Data point - even though I had the CL down to $1500, the AF posted. I have paid the AF the last couple years (due to the Marriott status benefit, plus the free night at RC after meeting spend).

However, at this point with AmEx Plat giving Gold SPG -> Gold Marriott, and I have no plans to spend $75K on it for platinum, I'll plan on canceling.

So it would appear that once you've paid the AF once, it will keep coming back regardless of your current CL on the card (at least, that's my experience).
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jameswes
Data point - even though I had the CL down to $1500, the AF posted. I have paid the AF the last couple years (due to the Marriott status benefit, plus the free night at RC after meeting spend).

However, at this point with AmEx Plat giving Gold SPG -> Gold Marriott, and I have no plans to spend $75K on it for platinum, I'll plan on canceling.

So it would appear that once you've paid the AF once, it will keep coming back regardless of your current CL on the card (at least, that's my experience).
It doesn’t matter if the AF posted the first time and credits back when you lower the CL. It normally doesn’t work past the first two fees as it’s programmed to be CARD Act compliant. It’s unlikely anyone would avoid the AF the third time around.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
It doesn’t matter if the AF posted the first time and credits back when you lower the CL. It normally doesn’t work past the first two fees as it’s programmed to be CARD Act compliant. It’s unlikely anyone would avoid the AF the third time around.

So the third AF is the one that hits? Ie +24 months from account opening

Wouldn’t the card act only cover year one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.