Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I got 3 nights free last year on my sign up. Used 2 and am having trouble using one of them. What's the longest extended expiration date anyone has ever been approved?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
did you call or send an SM?
Sent an SM
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by thuctrang
$395 AF finally posted on 7/1/17 (going into the 3rd yr of this card). Got a retention offer of $150 statement credit

Card year ends next month. Called to ask about retention - offered the same $150 which I took. The representative was very helpful and as always I found to be straight forward and ask for what you want the best approach.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Jeez, am I jealous. With $150 back, the card is an absolute steal (the $100 off 2nd air ticket is what makes this one a keeper, IMHO). What kind of annual spend are we talking?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Card year ends next month. Called to ask about retention - offered the same $150 which I took. The representative was very helpful and as always I found to be straight forward and ask for what you want the best approach.
What was your yearly spend like?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Jeez, am I jealous. With $150 back, the card is an absolute steal (the $100 off 2nd air ticket is what makes this one a keeper, IMHO). What kind of annual spend are we talking?
I spent $10,000 or so early in the card year, then went back to making minimum spend on new cards. Most of the rest of my spend was car rentals for the insurances and plane tickets for the $100 off two. I still got the $150 offer (accepted) when I called to cancel.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Thanks ... you're singing my song. And, yeah, the car rentals -- good reminder, renting one today.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
A little more than 10K to meet the Gold requirements - then it goes back to dormant status.

I really think it is about "compensating" the fee increase last year. Although I'm expected to stay on the $395 I originally was on. With the airline credits and the multiple $100 discounts on airfare, they basically paying me this year to keep the card.

As of note the first year I've got a free night certificate, last year - nada, and this year the $150 (yet to post though).
Old Jul 15, 2017, 6:48 am

So far the field reports are only indicating that chase is un-grandfathering United high tier cards (ie ones with club access) to $450
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
My partner applied for the Ritz Carlton CC, got approved and then requested via SM the third night offer.. it was approved once $5000 were spent...
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:06 am

Question

Originally Posted by mia
Scroll BACK just a few weeks and read forward.
I see that most of the discussion is about 2nd and 3rd year AF.

My question is about year 1.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:23 pm

i got annual fee charged in 3rd year and last year, chase had increased my credit limit to $2500.

Can i ask them lower again for annual fee to revert? will it work only during 1st year or anytime?

Note: i read through few pages and did not find any discussion on that.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by manu4986
i got annual fee charged in 3rd year and last year, chase had increased my credit limit to $2500.

Can i ask them lower again for annual fee to revert? will it work only during 1st year or anytime?

Note: i read through few pages and did not find any discussion on that.

Can't hurt to shift the excess limit to another chase card.

I caught chase bumping my limit during year one, after I had successfully executed the af trick. I SMed to move the excess to another card and so far so good. First renewal came without an AF
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Can't hurt to shift the excess limit to another chase card.

I caught chase bumping my limit during year one, after I had successfully executed the af trick. I SMed to move the excess to another card and so far so good. First renewal came without an AF

How many months into year 1 was the Credit line increased?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by skipss
How many months into year 1 was the Credit line increased?
One or two months before the card was up for renewal. Sneaky! I'm glad I caught it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.