Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Originally Posted by Xearoii
Was anyone able to use Global Entry for you and your spouse? (authorized user)
My partner is not an AU but I was able to get her GE charge refunded without issue. I had not used it before since I already had GE from another card.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by mtftw
My partner is not an AU but I was able to get her GE charge refunded without issue. I had not used it before since I already had GE from another card.
Thanks so I could purchase 3 global entries for my wife, myself, and daughter and each one will be refunded? That's amazing if so!
Old May 11, 2017, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by mtftw
Was the refund from the $300 travel credit bucket or from the GE bucket?
Old May 11, 2017, 12:23 pm

Thanks so I could purchase 3 global entries for my wife, myself, and daughter and each one will be refunded? That's amazing if so!
I don't think so. GE does not get reimbursed from the $300 travel bucket. You will get credit for one GE, if you had not previously used it.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:44 pm

Also, has anyone tried booking separate tickets for you and your spouse to get the $100 off for each ticket? Does it work for authorized user cards?
The discount is $100 off each PAIR of tickets.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:41 pm

Almost correct...

Originally Posted by shipitkthx
The discount is $100 off each PAIR of tickets.
Your card saves you $100 on the total cost of between 2 and 5 qualifying round-trip, domestic coach airline tickets purchases on the same itinerary.*
Cheers.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Any update on which airline gift cards are still easily reimbursed?
SWA definitely works. Got all $300 of my credit after buying gift cards and claiming them as oversized/excess baggage fees. Did them in $75, $150, $75 increments over the month of April. called in each time and CSR didn't bat an eye at it.
Old May 12, 2017, 5:00 am

Haven't seen any answer to this before, perhaps it's obvious to everyone else . . . if you buy a ticket through the Visa Infinite portal and have some kind of status, like Platinum/Gold on United, you're still eligible for a complimentary upgrade to First Class on domestic flights, right (assuming not a basic econ ticket)?
Old May 12, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Right. Worked like a charm earlier this week for both of us, on both legs, even though we paid a total of $110ai. In this case we're talking Exec Plat on AA.

Welcome to FT
Old May 12, 2017, 8:44 am

I need some clarification. Previous posters say it refunds any Global Entry purchased and doesn't use the travel credit. Anyone able to confirm you can get you and your wife authorized user refunded?
Old May 12, 2017, 9:42 am

I need some clarification. Previous posters say it refunds any Global Entry purchased and doesn't use the travel credit. Anyone able to confirm you can get you and your wife authorized user refunded?
There is a single $100 Global entry credit available on the whole account, separate from the $300 airline credit. You only get one GE credit for the entire account. Authorized users do not get their own.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:46 am

You only get it once every 3 or 5 years I think. It could be anyone, but only once every few years. Because you could pay for anyone's GE fee and if it is unlimited... it will get out of hand pretty quickly.
Old May 12, 2017, 10:15 am

Has anyone gotten NEXUS reimb by chase? Amex explicitly forbids it in its terms but I'm pretty sure about chase. I'd expect 2x $50 reimb for this. Any DPs? And if yes, could you stager the apps? Eg. One persons nexus expires this year and you get $50 reimb and another's is next year ao you get the $50 reimb then. Thus you're still within $100/4y.

Thanks
Old May 12, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Has anyone gotten NEXUS reimb by chase? Amex explicitly forbids it in its terms but I'm pretty sure about chase. I'd expect 2x $50 reimb for this. Any DPs? And if yes, could you stager the apps? Eg. One persons nexus expires this year and you get $50 reimb and another's is next year ao you get the $50 reimb then. Thus you're still within $100/4y.

Thanks
Not under the ge credit. Possibly under the airline credit.
Old May 14, 2017, 8:28 pm

Anyone have experience claiming travel credit for Delta Mileage boosters?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.