Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Question re. Global Entry Fee Reimbursement

Hi, can AUs be reimbursed for the $100 Global Entry fee?

Secondly, some of the posts in this thread suggest the Global Entry/TSA Pre fees count towards the annual $300 "travel credit". Is this true? The chase promo offer page suggest these are different benefits.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:07 pm

Ritz Carlton Highlands Tahoe Tier 5 Grrrr

Applied for this card in February and about to meet the minimum spend. I'm really bummed out that the Tahoe property has now been pushed into Tier 5.

Any other ski properties in Tiers 1-4?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Has anyone tried getting airtrain tickets refunded?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:37 am

If I cancel the card, do I immediately lose Ritz's Plat status from spending $75k last year?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by rj123456
Secondly, some of the posts in this thread suggest the Global Entry/TSA Pre fees count towards the annual $300 "travel credit". Is this true? The chase promo offer page suggest these are different benefits.
GE/TSA Pre credit is in addition to/separate from the annual $300 travel credit.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
GE/TSA Pre credit is in addition to/separate from the annual $300 travel credit.
I already have Global Entry from my Amex Pt. Can I use this for one or more of my authorized users?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by rj123456
I already have Global Entry from my Amex Pt. Can I use this for one or more of my authorized users?
Yes. You can use it on anyone including strangers. All Chase sees is a charge for Global Entry which they'll automatically refund.

Last edited by farmerandy; Apr 25, 2017 at 6:56 pm Reason: spelling
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by GeniculateGanglion
@moonwoo as recently as this week others have been able to SM to successfully match to the 3FN/5K spend.
Would I have to sign up for this card first then request the 3 nights via SM or can I use another chase card to send SM to request this match? I'm just worried that they won't do it anymore especially given that none of the links are offering this anymore.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, AE Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Just got the Ritz Carlton card... will spend $75K in next week and pay off to get Platinum status. Does anyone know how long it will take to post? Chase documents state 6-8 weeks..
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by coloradogator
... Platinum status. Does anyone know how long it will take to post?..
See this post:

Originally Posted by jameswes
...As soon as I met the 75K in August (well, statement close) I got bumped to Platinum....
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Just got the Ritz Carlton card... will spend $75K in next week and pay off to get Platinum status.
Are you buying a luxury car?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:38 pm

Just got the Ritz Carlton card... will spend $75K in next week and pay off to get Platinum status. Does anyone know how long it will take to post? Chase documents state 6-8 weeks..
You should 100000000% be putting that spend on an SPG card, it makes me cry thinking of earning only 1 Marriott point per $ on that type of purchase
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I agree with what other people say. Spend those $75k on SPG card. Get 225k Marriott points. Do an SPG Platinum Challenge or Marriott Platinum Challenge, with those 225k points you could buy back the status for the next 5 years and have left over.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:37 pm

$75k in a week spending. this guy definitely knows how to H&B
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:29 am

Does anyone know if you can attach the RC FN certs to multiple reservations?

For example, if I have more than one RC reservation in the future (one reservation in May, another in July, and at different property) but not sure which reservation I want to apply the RC FN certs yet, can you just attach the FN certs to both reservations first, then decide later?

I am not sure if FN cert is immediately 'deducted' from your online account profile upon booking, or is it only officially 'deducted' when you check in at hotel

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.