Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:33 am

Called the Chase number on back of the card and the rep said that I can't extend my expiring free night certs (got the card a year ago). I'll try the Ritz reward booking line
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Called the Chase number on back of the card and the rep said that I can't extend my expiring free night certs (got the card a year ago). I'll try the Ritz reward booking line
I called on Tuesday and the rep put me on hold and called RC Rewards for me. She said the rep escalated the case and I should know something today. Whatever that means. I'm expecting that I will most certainly have to call a time or two more.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by kyroadrunner
I called on Tuesday and the rep put me on hold and called RC Rewards for me. She said the rep escalated the case and I should know something today. Whatever that means. I'm expecting that I will most certainly have to call a time or two more.

Thanks for your update. I read in one of the Marriott threads that it took a. Couple of calls to MR Member line to extend the free chase annual room coupon.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:43 am

Just a datapoint. Used secure message to try and get a $90 SW gift card reimbursed. Sent "Can I please get the $90 charge from Southwest on Jan 9th reimbursed as part of my annual travel credit? Thanks!"

This is the response I received, in addition to a bunch of other language about the credit, including specific language on what it can't be applied to:

Please provide us information or documentation to show
that the $90.00 charge from Southwest dated January 09,
2017 is for one of the qualified airline incidental
charges listed above. Once we review the information
requested we will issue credit in accordance with the
terms of the benefit.

Might try again over the phone, which is how I've always done it before. If they say no, I'll probably just use it the way it's intended for a lounge membership or seat upgrade.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by DaVanillaGorilla
Just a datapoint. Used secure message to try and get a $90 SW gift card reimbursed. Sent "Can I please get the $90 charge from Southwest on Jan 9th reimbursed as part of my annual travel credit? Thanks!"

This is the response I received, in addition to a bunch of other language about the credit, including specific language on what it can't be applied to:

Might try again over the phone, which is how I've always done it before. If they say no, I'll probably just use it the way it's intended for a lounge membership or seat upgrade.
Don't they ask you what the $90 is for even over the phone? They always seem to ask but they never asked for "proof" from me. I don't have to provide any email or screenshot or anything, but they need to know the category.. seat upgrade, food, in flight movies, etc...
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I just applied because I saw that the intro offer is dropping from 3 free nights to two. I wasn't approved right away because I had too much credit extended already. When I called into recon they told me that I would have to reallocate a minimum of $10,000 from other cards...which I am am doing. I guess I'll reallocate after it's open to drop the credit line down to $1,700.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Just applied as well because of the 2-night scare, last received sign-up bonus at the end of 2014, not current cardholder. After submission, message was wait 30-days. Should I proactively call in at all to ask for reallocation? I suspect I've maxed out the credit Chase is willing to extend on another existing card and is well over 5/24
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink
the intro offer is dropping from 3 free nights to two
Originally Posted by msp3
Just applied as well because of the 2-night scare...message was wait 30-days.
Should I proactively call in?
I would call in. By waiting you might end up eventually getting approved - but it might end up being
for the newer/coming soon (2 nights only) offer.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by muji
I would call in. By waiting you might end up eventually getting approved - but it might end up being
for the newer/coming soon (2 nights only) offer.
Just checked my Chase online account and looks like they've already approved me! Hope it's the 3-night offer. I've saved PDFs and did screenshots from applying through the Ritz-Carlton site.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Just checked my Chase online account and looks like they've already approved me! Hope it's the 3-night offer. I've saved PDFs and did screenshots from applying through the Ritz-Carlton site.
You could send them a secure message, asking to confirm the offer.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:09 am

looks like they've already approved me!
Hope it's the 3-night offer.
You'll be fine.
Congratulations.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:21 pm

$300 worth of AA gift card still works for the credit?

Is global entry purchase no longer eligible for the annual credit? the new language doesn't mention GE
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:54 pm

Can you shift CL between co-branded cards? As in, could I move some of my CL from my ritz card over to my united card?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by SoloExperiment
Can you shift CL between co-branded cards? As in, could I move some of my CL from my ritz card over to my united card?

Yes
Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:14 pm

How quickly do the free nights post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.