Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by SQNfan
I am new to the card and didn't see this answered previously.

I want to use the $300 credit to upgrade a ticketed flight in 2017. If I pay for the upgrade now, can I receive the credit in 2016, or will it only be credited in 2017 after the flight occurs?

Also, can I use the credit to upgrade 2 people on the same locator, or only myself.

Ultimately I'm trying to get a $150 upgrade for both myself and my wife, for a 2017 flight, credited in 2016.
You can get the credit as soon as it clears. You can use the credit on multiple tickets.

If it is an upgrade to first class it shows as a new ticket sometimes. Be ready to tell the agent which original charge it matches with if you used a Chase card as they may, at first, say they don't cover tickets. Be prepared to HUCA.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:22 am

I have no success on getting travel credit back using secure message. First time I did it.. it was for luggage fee. So I sent a message asking to "reimburse" me for the luggage fee I paid and gave all the details. They put the charge on dispute! I have to cancel the dispute and get transfer to put in a phone request to get the credit back.

So this time I put in more details on my secure message saying that I have a charge of $100 on global entry fee which is party of the credit I could get from the $300 credit on the RC card blah blah.... I thought there is no way they could mess this one up. Guess what? They came back with a message telling me that global entry fee is eligible for the credit and blah blah blah and let us know if you have any other questions... the same thing I just told them! Really?

Last edited by Need; Sep 27, 2016 at 7:36 am
Old Sep 27, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by Need
I have no success on getting travel credit back using secure message. First time I did it.. it was for luggage fee. So I sent a message asking to "reimburse" me for the luggage fee I paid and gave all the details. They put the charge on dispute! I have to cancel the dispute and get transfer to put in a phone request to get the credit back.

So this time I put in more details on my secure message saying that I have a charge of $100 on global entry fee which is party of the credit I could get from the $300 credit on the RC card blah blah.... I thought there is no way they could mess this one up. Guess what? They came back with a message telling me that global entry fee is eligible for the credit and blah blah blah and let us know if you have any other questions... the same thing I just told them! Really?
I'm confused. Was this a 2nd global entry you fee you paid with your card? Because one is covered separately every 5 years. So, they were just referring to that.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by shakim
I'm confused. Was this a 2nd global entry you fee you paid with your card? Because one is covered separately every 5 years. So, they were just referring to that.
No this is the first one I tried to get credit for. Last time I was getting credit for a luggage fee and it went to dispute instead. I think they have some kind of robot reading the secure messages and act automatically on them.

My message this was on such and such date I have $100 global entry fee and it is one of the eligible travel credit on my Ritz card, so please credit me back the amount. (something like that but a little more details).

What I got back was a one page listing of which charge I am eligible for credit and yes global entry was one of them. It is basically giving me the T&C and think that I was asking them a question instead of asking for the credit.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by highops
You can get the credit as soon as it clears. You can use the credit on multiple tickets.

If it is an upgrade to first class it shows as a new ticket sometimes. Be ready to tell the agent which original charge it matches with if you used a Chase card as they may, at first, say they don't cover tickets. Be prepared to HUCA.
Thanks, that is good news.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
So its not possible to book using citi 4th night free concierge and apply a club upgrade?

This would be really interesting. Has anyone tried it yet?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
So its not possible to book using citi 4th night free concierge and apply a club upgrade?

This would be really interesting. Has anyone tried it yet?
Based on prior experiences with Hyatt & Citi Prestige, it should be possible with the right CSRs.

#1 - Call Ritz. Check for availability for the rate that qualifies for the club level upgrade on the days you're looking for.
Verify that the price is the same as the general price through Marriott/Ritz.

#2 - Call Citi Prestige Travel
- Book the four nights at the general/basic rate. Make sure that they add your Marriott/Ritz membership number

#3 - Update your reservation to use the Ritz card (just to be safe)

#4 - Call Ritz back. Feed them your reservation #, ask to apply the club level upgrade.

#5 - At checkout, change payment to the Citi Prestige. I don't see why the front desk would know/care what credit card you paid with.

Outcome w/ Citi: You should get your fourth night refunded. I don't know exactly how they track, but it's the same reservation, same cost as booked, you should just get the fourth night back.

Outcome with Ritz: This is where it's sticky.
- They should be able to apply the club upgrade. But not guaranteed, because a lot of people have had trouble applying the certificate to existing reservations to do booking codes/etc.
- I don't see how *if they let you pay with another card at checkout* they could retroactively bill you for the club upgrade. Possible, but unlikely.

(Note - my prior experience is with booking corporate discount codes @ Hyatt with Citi Prestige, then applying DSUs to Prestige Hyatt bookings)
Old Sep 28, 2016, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Is there a way to combine the $100 travel credit on the RC with the AS companion ticket offered with the BofA AS card?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by jameswes
Based on prior experiences with Hyatt & Citi Prestige, it should be possible with the right CSRs.

#1 - Call Ritz. Check for availability for the rate that qualifies for the club level upgrade on the days you're looking for.

- Book the four nights at the general/basic rate. Make sure that they add your Marriott/Ritz membership number

#4 - Call Ritz back. Feed them your reservation #, ask to apply the club level upgrade.

#5 - At checkout, change payment to the Citi Prestige. I don't see why the front desk would know/care what credit card you paid with.

Outcome w/ Citi: You should get your fourth night refunded. I don't know exactly how they track, but it's the same reservation, same cost as booked, you should just get the fourth night back.

- They should be able to apply the club upgrade. But not guaranteed, because a lot of people have had trouble applying the certificate to existing reservations to do booking codes/etc.
- I don't see how *if they let you pay with another card at checkout* they could retroactively bill you for the club upgrade. Possible, but unlikely.

(Note - my prior experience is with booking corporate discount codes @ Hyatt with Citi Prestige, then applying DSUs to Prestige Hyatt bookings)
As the club upgrade are bookable only into their own booking code (i.e., it is not adding the upgrade to the rate you have booked, but rather changing the reservation to the correct booking code - while usually is the same as BAR, it is not always the case), this is a very risky proposition.

Please let us know how it worked out for you ;-)
Old Sep 28, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by ralphs
Is there a way to combine the $100 travel credit on the RC with the AS companion ticket offered with the BofA AS card?
Definitely no
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte

I'm pretty sure that stays with the club level upgrade must be paid with the RC card.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum

I guess I will try it one day lol. I have done the hyatt with citi prestige and then DSU at least 6 times already without any problem.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
I guess I will try it one day lol. I have done the hyatt with citi prestige and then DSU at least 6 times already without any problem.
That is because DSU can by applied to most rates. Applying a DSU does not change your underlining rate code of the reservation. Not the case with the Ritz.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
That is because DSU can by applied to most rates. Applying a DSU does not change your underlining rate code of the reservation. Not the case with the Ritz.
If Marriott had left the Z34/Z38 codes available, I think it would have been much easier (since those are the rate codes necessary). All that being said, I was just saying that as long as the rate stays the same between BAR & the Suite Upgrade, it should be possible to get the upgrade applied to the prestige booking.

The big question I have for the people who say it's not possible: How/when/where is Ritz going to enforce paying with the Ritz card? Maybe they enforce having the Ritz card as the format of payment when booking, but since it isn't a prepaid rate, it doesn't charge it to the card up front.
* After the reservation is booked, you should be able to change the credit card through Marriott.com.
* Then when you check-in, I don't see how the front desk person is going to force you to provide the Ritz card.
* At worst, when checking out you could switch payment over to Citi
Would Chase/Ritz actually then send you a bill for the upgrade to club cost? I don't foresee that happening.

In reality - I think it's probably difficult to do. But, my hunch is that it's possible.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:32 am

If Marriott had left the Z34/Z38 codes available, I think it would have been much easier (since those are the rate codes necessary). All that being said, I was just saying that as long as the rate stays the same between BAR & the Suite Upgrade, it should be possible to get the upgrade applied to the prestige booking.

The big question I have for the people who say it's not possible: How/when/where is Ritz going to enforce paying with the Ritz card? Maybe they enforce having the Ritz card as the format of payment when booking, but since it isn't a prepaid rate, it doesn't charge it to the card up front.
* After the reservation is booked, you should be able to change the credit card through Marriott.com.
* Then when you check-in, I don't see how the front desk person is going to force you to provide the Ritz card.
* At worst, when checking out you could switch payment over to Citi
Would Chase/Ritz actually then send you a bill for the upgrade to club cost? I don't foresee that happening.

In reality - I think it's probably difficult to do. But, my hunch is that it's possible.
Try it your way and let us know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.