Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old May 12, 2020, 4:04 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by lsquare
Yes.
How about the old Marriott Premier (with the 1 elite night per 3k spend)? Is that available to downgrade into? I'm only aware of upgrading from the Premier into Boundless
Old May 12, 2020, 10:53 am

three years in and i'm finally getting charged the annual fee. i'd be sad to lose it, it's one of my all time favorite cards. almost want to keep it one more year just for the nostalgia.
Old May 12, 2020, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by jaundicedave
three years in and i'm finally getting charged the annual fee. i'd be sad to lose it, it's one of my all time favorite cards. almost want to keep it one more year just for the nostalgia.
Huh?
Old May 13, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by jaundicedave
Ahhh nostalgia, that which has cost many a fortune in foolishness and cash.
Old May 13, 2020, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by LF72
Huh?
They used the annual fee trick which doesn't last forever.
Old May 13, 2020, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Just crossed $75k spend for the year. Started early in the year, then covid hit and realized platinum is useless, but figured I'd still finish it up. Now time to call and ask for a fee waiver. The $300 travel credit is useless this year. I used to always use it for wifi.
Old May 14, 2020, 7:13 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by krazieman
Just crossed $75k spend for the year. Started early in the year, then covid hit and realized platinum is useless, but figured I'd still finish it up. Now time to call and ask for a fee waiver. The $300 travel credit is useless this year. I used to always use it for wifi.
Let us know how it goes...
LF72 likes this.
Old May 29, 2020, 12:18 pm

Has anyone been using the grocery store bonus category on this card, and if so, did your points show up immediately in your Marriott account?
Old Jun 1, 2020, 11:41 pm

AF just hit? Keep? Or downgrade and hope they allow a PC in the future?
Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:30 am

Programs: *A
Call for retention. In the past, every other year $150 has been offered.
LF72 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 10:56 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Supposedly, travel coded charges are triggering the $300 annual travel credit right now. Any other experiences?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA,AA,SPG
I signed up for this card in June 2018 and received two 60K certificates with an expiry of 1 year. I did not use them last year and got them extended for another year (2020). I planned to use them during kids spring break this year, but then COVID happened. Now, the certificates are going to expire and Marriott twitter and customer service are telling me that they cannot extend these certificates any more, as they have already been extended once. I have called multiple times , but Marriott's answer is same.
What are my option w.r.t. using these certificates?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 4:47 pm

Same situation. I didn’t call yet but mine didn’t even get the Jan 2021 extension. Did yours? Originally planned to use this spring. I don’t understand what Marriott thinks I was supposed to do this year.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA,AA,SPG
Originally Posted by rrgg
Same situation. I didn’t call yet but mine didn’t even get the Jan 2021 extension. Did yours? Originally planned to use this spring. I don’t understand what Marriott thinks I was supposed to do this year.
My anniversary certificate (50K) is extended to Jan 2021. I understand that Marriott doesn't want to extend a certificate originally issued in 2018 as it was already extended once. Without COVID, I would have probably spent it on any nearby hotel for a nice family trip, but in the current situation I don't want to do that. So the certificates would go unused and I am wondering what can be done about it.

Last edited by SVUS; Jun 5, 2020 at 10:13 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by sds1493
Call for retention. In the past, every other year $150 has been offered.
Called. Nothing offered. Will probably keep it and hope I can use the $300.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.