Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIV ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Sep 10, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Econ1
its confusing from the ritz website if gold members get any benefits at the ritz london as they do not really participate in the program but are listed.
It doesn't matter because Gold members do not get anything anyway at the Ritz (apart from free WiFi, and maybe a rare upgrade).

But to answer the question - there is no Ritz Carlton hotels in the UK (if you don't count the Edition). The Ritz is not part of the Ritz Carlton family.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
It doesn't matter because Gold members do not get anything anyway at the Ritz (apart from free WiFi, and maybe a rare upgrade).

But to answer the question - there is no Ritz Carlton hotels in the UK (if you don't count the Edition). The Ritz is not part of the Ritz Carlton family.
Before I went PLT, I stayed at the same Ritz hotel about 10-12 nights per year and had nice upgrades each time. I don't attribute it to Gold, but loyalty to a specific property.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 6:30 am

Does Alaska Air tickets report level 3 data to Chase?

Wanted to see if AS tix can be seen by Chase for $300 travel credit purposes.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:22 pm

Is there anyone still waiting for their visa signature version to get upgraded to the infinite version like me? I have sent several sm and called many times. Everytime, they either told me there is no such option, the process can't get expedited, or special request is sent and i should receive results in 7-10 days and, of course, nothing happens. Really frustrated now, cause I applied for the signature card only a week before they announce the infinite version. I could've waited to avoid all these hassles.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by coffee18
Does Alaska Air tickets report level 3 data to Chase?

Wanted to see if AS tix can be seen by Chase for $300 travel credit purposes.
I'm not positive about this, but it seems that specific purchase data has only been seen in relation to other airlines that are co-branded with Chase, i.e. United and Southwest. These are the two airlines where gift cards are consistently identified. Since Alaska Air is a co-brand with BoA, I would think as long as you have a low dollar amount, you'd be good.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Governator
I'm still waiting and still annoyed. I've called a few times about when I would have the Visa Air discount access, was given one date, then a second date, then 'we don't know'. All they can say is that they are working on migrating the accounts. I did ask what would happen if I asked for a new card to be sent, she said it would still be the old card since I haven't been migrated in their system yet.

I'd like to book some travel with the Visa discount, so I'm pretty annoyed.
did you get the infinite version? I'm in the same boat. Anxiously waiting
Old Sep 13, 2016, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
I'm not positive about this, but it seems that specific purchase data has only been seen in relation to other airlines that are co-branded with Chase, i.e. United and Southwest. These are the two airlines where gift cards are consistently identified. Since Alaska Air is a co-brand with BoA, I would think as long as you have a low dollar amount, you'd be good.
I know that level 3 AS data sends to Citi-- that said, that's Citi. Will try this and report back. Thanks.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
My wife was approved a week ago, still no card in the mail. I called to see if it could be expedited without luck, same response from the message center.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by lnlmlnlm
Is there anyone still waiting for their visa signature version to get upgraded to the infinite version like me? I have sent several sm and called many times. Everytime, they either told me there is no such option, the process can't get expedited, or special request is sent and i should receive results in 7-10 days and, of course, nothing happens. Really frustrated now, cause I applied for the signature card only a week before they announce the infinite version. I could've waited to avoid all these hassles.
I got this card more than 1 year ago. I just called them for replacing a new card, and infinite version came up.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by luoxiao
I got this card more than 1 year ago. I just called them for replacing a new card, and infinite version came up.
So I guess they are upgrading the cards chronologically..
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:58 pm

As a data point got charged annual fee. Requested cl to be lowered to 1500. Did it and annual fee was refunded a couple days later. Also applied for the infinite and not the other one.
Do you have to request the priority pass or does it show up automatically?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:24 am

Tried to use the Club level upgraded at Aruba RC, but was told that the upgrade cert cannot be use there for those dates (end of Oct) at any rate. So far after 1.5 year, I am not very impressed with RC. Tried to call their elite reward guest number on the card to do the reservation and it was closed for the evening. It was just after 6pm PST. Called the elite reservation number on the site, and the first thing they asked was to press 1 for Gold and 2 for silver, but I am Platinum? So after making the reservation, telling them it was my anniversary.. congrats and such... I went to look at the reservation online.. it shows 1 guest in room. Really? The thing is that I can't even change it online. I hope it won't matter if 2 of us show up!

Last year anniversary we stayed at another RC and they won't give us the King size bed room we reserved saying the hotel was full. Even though the room is listed at King room, it was really the "run of the house" room (2 full size beds) we got and there is nothing they could do. I stayed at 3 different Conrad hotels and they were all amazing. I thought RC was supposed to be better.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:58 pm

Hi,

Did you mean you applied the new Infinite card recently (with $450 AF), asked to lower the CL to < $1500 and received the $450 AF back?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by snowboardpunk
As a data point got charged annual fee. Requested cl to be lowered to 1500. Did it and annual fee was refunded a couple days later. Also applied for the infinite and not the other one.
Do you have to request the priority pass or does it show up automatically?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Applied in late August (to merge HP with CSR rejection). Got a Visa Signature card. Didn't realize there were competing offers out there, so I wasn't very careful about using the Infinite app link...

On the bright side: 2x$144 UA cash fares + 4x$5.60 award taxes = successful $300 for 2016

Hopefully the $1500 CL trick isn't closed for another couple months. I need to justify a Visa Infinite upgrade first (mainly for the 3rd free night, but the $100 off VI portal wouldn't hurt), which obviously can't happen on a cut-rate card account.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Quick question I don't seem to find the answer to on searching. Charges for myself say to upgrade to first class(already done many times with my card) are refundable if my wife got the card and I used hers for this charge, correct? I don't think I've tried this at this point with mine for any charges other than for me. Doesn't seem they look at these specifics but.......

Really thinking of the card for my wife as well, higher annual but with three free nights, the additional airline credit, way more than pays for itself it seems, especially at this point with $600 in airline credits available before next annual. Planning to go to Maui, could use at Kapalua location potentially...or other locations in LA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.