Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:18 pm

Does having this card keep you as Platinum Elite? Like I thought the RC only gave you Gold Elite under the new rules, but i've had that card for over a year and I'm still Plat Elite. I only have 24 nights this year too
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bradpitch92
Does having this card keep you as Platinum Elite? Like I thought the RC only gave you Gold Elite under the new rules, but i've had that card for over a year and I'm still Plat Elite. I only have 24 nights this year too
You will maintain Platinum elite through the end of the program year (March). There was extensive discussion about this if you go back to March of this year.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by lsquare
Thanks Mia! OMG, I think I need to get this card asap before Chase prevents people from doing a product transfer to that card. Does Chase allow me to shift credit limits between cards? This way I can get the $10k CL necessary for the product transfer when the time comes.
You can shift credit limits through their secure message center. Easy.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
You will maintain Platinum elite through the end of the program year (March). There was extensive discussion about this if you go back to March of this year.
Gotcha, read and saw the Frequent Miler post about it. So my PE status will likely reset on 3/1/20? Damn i could really use it for Mar-June too.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:40 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Gotcha, read and saw the Frequent Miler post about it. So my PE status will likely reset on 3/1/20? Damn i could really use it for Mar-June too.
You just need to spend $75k on either RC card or the AmEx Brilliant card to get to Platinum Elite level. You just earn 2x points on general spending.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:59 am

once i cancel the card my status goes away too right? I already received the $300 credit for this calendar year. if I'm booking low dollar airline tickets with foreign airlines, do you think i can get reimbursed for that? I've been reimbursed for small dollar alaska flights before
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:27 pm
Suspended

once i cancel the card my status goes away too right? I already received the $300 credit for this calendar year. if I'm booking low dollar airline tickets with foreign airlines, do you think i can get reimbursed for that? I've been reimbursed for small dollar alaska flights before
It is for domestic airline only. It does not even include all airlines, particularly the smaller and budget airlines. Probably Southwest is not included.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by RedSun
It is for domestic airline only. It does not even include all airlines, particularly the smaller and budget airlines. Probably Southwest is not included.
This entire post is factually inaccurate.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
That is not true. You might be thinking on Amex. Chase works with foreign airlines without any problem (there are some pluses for a manual reimbursement) and covers much more than what Amex does.

Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Per the rules tickets costs are not reimbursed. In practice it probably will be.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 6:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
That is not true. You might be thinking on Amex. Chase works with foreign airlines without any problem (there are some pluses for a manual reimbursement) and covers much more than what Amex does.

See the T&C below. It is not AmEx at all. I do not know how AmEx is mixed with the Visa Infinite card benefits.

https://www.visadiscountair.com/ritzcarltoncard/terms
  • U.S. issued Visa Infinite credit cardholders are entitled to receive a $100 discount on the purchase of 2 to 5 qualifying round-trip, domestic coach airline tickets on the same itinerary purchased through the Visa Infinite Discount Air website using their U.S. issued Visa Infinite . The $100 discount is applied to the total cost of the itinerary, not per ticket.
  • Tickets must be purchased in full using a U.S. issued Visa Infinite card. No other form of payment will be accepted. The U.S issued Visa Infinite cardholder purchasing the tickets must be the primary traveler on the itinerary. Visa or Propp Corp (“Propco”) may cancel any booking or suspend the Discount Air benefit if the primary cardholder is not on the itinerary.
  • Fare prices are not guaranteed and are subject to change until booking is confirmed and ticketed.
  • This offer is valid only for round-trip travel between U.S. cities within the 50 U.S. states with participating airlines. Bookings are generally accepted within eleven (11) months of travel date and inventory is determined solely by the airlines.
  • This $100 discount is not retroactive and may not be applied to previously booked tickets.
  • This $100 discount may not be combined with or applied to other certificates, promotions or special offers, including but not limited to: upgrades, government fares, tour/travel packages, group, convention/company meeting fares, bereavement, companion fares, senior citizen discounts, corporate agreements, student fares, child fares, travel industry discounts, frequent flyer discounts or any unpublished programs. Standard taxes and fees will apply. Open tickets, open returns, open jaws, multi-leg, same-day travel and circle trips are not permitted. Stopovers are not allowed.
  • Any changes to an itinerary, including but not limited to cancellations, must be made through JP Morgan Premier Concierge at 1-877-408-5537.
  • Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable except where expressly permitted by the applicable airlines. Name changes are not permitted.
  • Airline participation varies from market to market and seat inventory is based on availability.
  • Propco administers and manages the Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit.
  • Visa or Propco may cancel or suspend the Visa Discount Air benefit and any travel reservations associated with the cardholder's name, email address or account and close any associated Visa Discount Air accounts at any time with immediate effect and without written notice, for any reason in Visa and Propco's sole discretion, including, without limitation, if Visa and Propco believe the cardholder has (i) breached or violated any of the terms and conditions, (ii) engaged in any fraudulent, suspicious or dishonest behavior, gaming, theft, staking of credits, misconduct or wrongdoing in connection with the Discount Air benefit, or (iii) acted in an inappropriate, fraudulent or abusive manner. If the cardholder has conducted any fraudulent activity, Visa and Propco reserve the right to take any necessary legal action and the cardholder may be liable for monetary losses to Visa and Propco, including litigation costs and damages.

Last edited by RedSun; Aug 16, 2019 at 7:23 am
Old Aug 16, 2019, 6:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Adam1222
This entire post is factually inaccurate.
Then what is your accurate post?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:10 am

See the T&C below.
FYI, you listed the T&C of a program that no one was referring to.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pallhedge
FYI, you listed the T&C of a program that no one was referring to.
Sure, but that is the rule governs the benefit. That is the baseline. Do not say the program T&C is wrong, inaccurate, or not true....
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:17 am

Sure, but that is the rule governs the benefit. That is the baseline. Do not say the program T&C is wrong, inaccurate, or not true....
Where do you see language that the Visa Infinite discount air program governs the Chase RC $300 travel credit benefit?
krazykanuck and Adam1222 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.