Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018.

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018.

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 17, 19, 7:10 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz & SPG) property up to 50,000 MRs. SPG properties are possible later.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status the first account year.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 22, 19, 10:49 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of the Priority Pass membership has been moved:

Chase Priority Pass memberships (Sapphire Reserve, JPM Reserve, Ritz)
Old Jun 25, 19, 2:59 pm

DP on travel credits: Bought semi cheap alaska air flights with the Ritz card at 122.67 each, and i was able to get both reimbursed. (fyi i bought two tickets together and they posted as separate transactions).

I also just bought a Delta gift card and on the activity it literally says 'Delta Air gift card' but i asked for it to be reimbursed and the agent reimbursed me.

Also, i did this all over secure messaging
Old Jun 25, 19, 7:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

@bradpitch92

You better keep this kind of stuff to yourself....
Old Jun 27, 19, 3:39 pm

Chase just sent a $10,000 spending offer. You get 10,000 extra points with $10k spend. So it turns this into a 3x card, like the old SPG CC. The only thing wrong is that this is on our 2nd RC card. We may just take it. No offer on the 1st RC card.
Old Jun 27, 19, 7:11 pm

Did you receive the 10k offer by email? Thanks.
Old Jun 27, 19, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg View Post
Did you receive the 10k offer by email? Thanks.
yes
Old Jul 4, 19, 5:16 pm

Denied for United award ticket taxes over SM (I claimed there was a $75 close-in booking fee and taxes). Should I call in?
Old Jul 4, 19, 7:04 pm

"Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
Old Jul 4, 19, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by holyPockets View Post
"Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
Right, but checking frequentmiler there are plenty of data points of people getting reimbursed for things not on the list (including award taxes and fees).
Old Jul 5, 19, 10:04 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WoH Glob, HHonors (faux) Diamond
Originally Posted by Astrophsx View Post
Denied for United award ticket taxes over SM (I claimed there was a $75 close-in booking fee and taxes). Should I call in?
Right, but checking frequentmiler there are plenty of data points of people getting reimbursed for things not on the list (including award taxes and fees).
I'd call in. This sounds like a seat upgrade to me.
Old Jul 5, 19, 12:39 pm

Tell them its baggage or seat upgrade.
Old Jul 5, 19, 4:49 pm

Do Gogo internet passes get reimbursed with the $300 credit? So I could do enough months to cover $300?
Old Jul 6, 19, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m View Post
Tell them its baggage or seat upgrade.
Just called in and said it was for my last purchase with United. They didn't even ask what the purchase was for and said they'd apply the credits.
Old Jul 6, 19, 11:32 pm

Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Dn10 View Post
Do Gogo internet passes get reimbursed with the $300 credit? So I could do enough months to cover $300?
Yes
Old Jul 7, 19, 3:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, MB LTTE/A HH DIA, DL
Originally Posted by Dn10 View Post
I have the gogo monthly subscription ($49.95). I wipe out all of the benefit (save $0.30) by the end of June. No issues.

Search this Thread