Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Looks like my free night from last year expired Feb 5. Any datapoints on being able to call in and get it extended?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by rj123456
Looks like my free night from last year expired Feb 5. Any datapoints on being able to call in and get it extended?
That makes no sense. They only starting giving free nights in August of this year with one year expiry date.

Are you confusing it with some kind of other certificate?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:06 pm

I'm always debating with myself whether I should churn $75k for Platinum status or not.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I was able to get my 2 60k FN sign up bonus certs extended about a month ago, but I called before they expired.

Originally Posted by phant0m
I'm always debating with myself whether I should churn $75k for Platinum status or not.
I have trouble seeing it being worth the opportunity cost. Even at a low case of call it 1% MS cost, is it worth $750? I'd say no. If I stay Plat this year I'm content to use up my points and move on. I'm pretty much all in on Hilton for paid stays now. The rate of return on spend is just better and not having to deal with Marriott's breakfast and upgrade by brand shenanigans saves mental energy.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:27 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I was able to get my 2 60k FN sign up bonus certs extended about a month ago, but I called before they expired.

I have trouble seeing it being worth the opportunity cost. Even at a low case of call it 1% MS cost, is it worth $750? I'd say no. If I stay Plat this year I'm content to use up my points and move on. I'm pretty much all in on Hilton for paid stays now. The rate of return on spend is just better and not having to deal with Marriott's breakfast and upgrade by brand shenanigans saves mental energy.
You'll have to decide if it is worth or not. Hilton reward program sucks and the points are not worth much IMO. But it is easy to manage if you get Hilton Diamond....
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RedSun
Hilton reward program sucks and the points are not worth much IMO. But it is easy to manage if you get Hilton Diamond....
and Bonvoy is that much better? The Hilton program isn't without its flaws, but for paid stays with Diamond status (which I have) and if you can pay with their co-brand CCs (which I can)... for work reimbursable and even personal stays, even using a bottom of the barrel value it's still a very compelling return. Yes, an individual point isn't worth as much, but you earn so many of them your rate of return is still higher. Plus their promos tend to be better than Marriott's, at least the past couple of quarters. Comparing point vs. point is "pointless" without considering how quickly you earn them
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer

That makes no sense. They only starting giving free nights in August of this year with one year expiry date.

Are you confusing it with some kind of other certificate?
On the Marriott Website under "Latest Activity" it says
02/04/2019
Ritz Carlton Rewards Anniversary Free Night Up to 50K Points
02/04/2019, Cancelled 0 Rewards
+0 Points

02/01/2019
Premier Plus Business Anniversary Free Night Up to 35K Points
02/01/2019, Cancelled 0 Rewards
+0 Points
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
and Bonvoy is that much better? The Hilton program isn't without its flaws, but for paid stays with Diamond status (which I have) and if you can pay with their co-brand CCs (which I can)... for work reimbursable and even personal stays, even using a bottom of the barrel value it's still a very compelling return. Yes, an individual point isn't worth as much, but you earn so many of them your rate of return is still higher. Plus their promos tend to be better than Marriott's, at least the past couple of quarters. Comparing point vs. point is "pointless" without considering how quickly you earn them
I rarely pay for hotel stays, most are reward bookings. Last I remembered, I had to redeem 45,00 Hilton points for a lousy Hampton Inn which costs only about $140. Hilton point is worth less than 0.4 cpps to me. I've been trying hard to get value from Hilton points for years.... Hilton point really sucks.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
On the Marriott Website under "Latest Activity" it says
02/04/2019
Ritz Carlton Rewards Anniversary Free Night Up to 50K Points
02/04/2019, Cancelled 0 Rewards
+0 Points

02/01/2019
Premier Plus Business Anniversary Free Night Up to 35K Points
02/01/2019, Cancelled 0 Rewards
+0 Points
That is what is showen when the certificate POSTS, not when it expires.

Look under the "earned rewards" tab and you should see all your active certificates with their experiation date.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
You'll have to decide if it is worth or not. Hilton reward program sucks and the points are not worth much IMO. But it is easy to manage if you get Hilton Diamond....
Hilton treats their members better than Marriott does, so you shouldn't say it sucks.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:36 pm

I rarely pay for hotel stays, most are reward bookings. Last I remembered, I had to redeem 45,00 Hilton points for a lousy Hampton Inn which costs only about $140. Hilton point is worth less than 0.4 cpps to me. I've been trying hard to get value from Hilton points for years.... Hilton point really sucks.
SPG was the real program. Too bad Marriott chose the sucky Marriott program over the excellent SPG program as its model. The reason? Marriott is out for the money and short sighted in regards to its customers.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
So I already spent 75k beginning of this year.

Hotel sees me as Gold
Marriott app shows me as Titanium and "Years as Platinum:5"
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
SPG was the real program. Too bad Marriott chose the sucky Marriott program over the excellent SPG program as its model. The reason? Marriott is out for the money and short sighted in regards to its customers.
It is just business decision. What else can we do? Move on to another loyalty program? Anything better?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
So I already spent 75k beginning of this year.

Hotel sees me as Gold
Marriott app shows me as Titanium and "Years as Platinum:5"
How you got to Marriott Titanium? From $75k RC card spending? What is your true status?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:01 pm

It is just business decision. What else can we do? Move on to another loyalty program? Anything better?
It kind of reminds me of the Sears - Kmart merger. Sears was a great company. Kmart was a failing poor excuse of a company. When they merged, the idiots at Kmart took the helm. Now look at them. If you do not take care of your customers, soon you will not have the customers to take care of you.
RedSun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.