Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles

I typically see $150, so along with your $300 travel credit, it’s zero plus a free night up to 50,000 points plus all the other benefits such as free PP with unlimited guests, free AU’s with their own PP, $100 Visa air discount, etc.
And primary rental card insurance, and the ability of the AUs to use the Visa air discount. Plus, once in a blue moon (and/or in suburban DC), you can find a decent rate for a couple of nights at a Ritz-Carlton and eat and drink your way through the lounge. But, yeah, other than all of that, what's the point?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:43 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
And primary rental card insurance, and the ability of the AUs to use the Visa air discount. Plus, once in a blue moon (and/or in suburban DC), you can find a decent rate for a couple of nights at a Ritz-Carlton and eat and drink your way through the lounge. But, yeah, other than all of that, what's the point?
What you guys want? You want Chase to pay you just to keep the card? Be an adult.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RedSun
What you guys want? You want Chase to pay you just to keep the card?
I mean, if they're willing to, then why not? But based off the scattered and very dated retention offers for this card in the master thread I can't imagine there would be any worthwhile retention offers for a discontinued card that oddly has gotten even better in the interim. Personally I didn't see this card as a keeper, but I've changed my tune over the last few months.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I mean, if they're willing to, then why not? But based off the scattered and very dated retention offers for this card in the master thread I can't imagine there would be any worthwhile retention offers for a discontinued card that oddly has gotten even better in the interim. Personally I didn't see this card as a keeper, but I've changed my tune over the last few months.
A lot of people differ with that. What a room with 50,000 worth to you? Can easily $300.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
A lot of people differ with that. What a room with 50,000 worth to you? Can easily $300.
Note I said didn't, as in past tense, and have changed my mind. The addition of the anniversary night certainly helped.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: DL DM, UA GS
Has anyone tried using the travel credit for the physical gift cards they sell in Delta Sky Clubs?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:11 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
When do the 15 elite night credits post?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:07 am

Honestly, I don't think I could ever give up this card. Had to call Chase about a bunch of my other accounts and when I did, I got routed to the JP Morgan Exec line and they just handle everything.
Soccerjoshj07, mdbe and nexusCFX like this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:24 pm

One night at the JW SF ($750/night) is 50,000 points + $300 travel credit which easy to redeem +$100 air discount. Hard to give this up.

Soccerjoshj07 and RedSun like this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
When I received the RC card this past June, the AU's Priority Pass card was sent automatically without requesting it when I added the AU. However, as the primary user, I had to request mine before they sent it.
thanks. after adding I sent SM and it said automatic, but I decided to call anyway and she ‘ordered’ one.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Honestly, I don't think I could ever give up this card. Had to call Chase about a bunch of my other accounts and when I did, I got routed to the JP Morgan Exec line and they just handle everything.
Noticeably better from this line?

Originally Posted by Ali380
I called into CS and got the Chase Sapphire line not JP Morgan Executive line, is this a change?

At least the discount air is still up.
I called the other morning and was treated with the JP Morgan executive line.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Noticeably better from this line?
Previous discussion here:

Calls to customer service routed to JP Morgan Chase Executive Line?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ali380
One night at the JW SF ($750/night) is 50,000 points + $300 travel credit which easy to redeem +$100 air discount. Hard to give this up.

I think quite some people still cancelled this card since they just applied this card for welcome bonus. They do not even travel.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:56 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
I received the card in June 2018. I'm quite happy with its benefits, but I note that the card expires in five years. But, since it's no longer available, does everyone think it will even last five years? Or might Marriott offer a luxury card replacement under its name in the interim that we have no choice but to switch over to? If they did, I would imagine that they might eliminate all the Ritz-specific benefits (in order to make it a "Marriott" card) such as the Club upgrade certificates. Any thoughts?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
I received the card in June 2018. I'm quite happy with its benefits, but I note that the card expires in five years. But, since it's no longer available, does everyone think it will even last five years? Or might Marriott offer a luxury card replacement under its name in the interim that we have no choice but to switch over to? If they did, I would imagine that they might eliminate all the Ritz-specific benefits (in order to make it a "Marriott" card) such as the Club upgrade certificates. Any thoughts?
Nobody has the crystal balls and you can only guess. Enjoy the card when it is still alive.

Marriott may issue a Bonvoy card to replace the Ritz Carton!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.