Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIV ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by ducksaucei3
Same, really frustrating as I'm looking to book something soon
Have you guys that recently applied (~end of July) and fulfilled the MSR had a statement close yet? I called about this and was told they normally are supposed to deposit after statement closing for the statement period where you fulfill the spend.

For context, I applied last day (I think July 27), and my original plan was to wait until the last moment (~end of October), and then also change my statement closing date to be end of month, so the 2 free night certs would deposit in december, so they could potentially be good through end of december of next year.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by shaky02dd
Have you guys that recently applied (~end of July) and fulfilled the MSR had a statement close yet? I called about this and was told they normally are supposed to deposit after statement closing for the statement period where you fulfill the spend.

For context, I applied last day (I think July 27), and my original plan was to wait until the last moment (~end of October), and then also change my statement closing date to be end of month, so the 2 free night certs would deposit in december, so they could potentially be good through end of december of next year.
My statement is supposed to close today. Last month my points posted on the 12th. I met spend on merger day. Hopefully, I have an update to share tomorrow.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:44 pm

For new cardholders does the first year of platinum (old gold) status end when the annual fee posts, meaning July 2019 in my case? Or does it end December of that year?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
For new cardholders does the first year of platinum (old gold) status end when the annual fee posts, meaning July 2019 in my case? Or does it end December of that year?
It will either end January 31, 2019 or January 31, 2020. I don't think we know which one yet.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by acefspadez
It will either end January 31, 2019 or January 31, 2020. I don't think we know which one yet.
OK. Do you know what it was in the past, say for someone who opened a card in 2017?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:54 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

OK. Do you know what it was in the past, say for someone who opened a card in 2017?
You get the old Gold for the first account year, or 365 days...
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Werty7777

My statement is supposed to close today. Last month my points posted on the 12th. I met spend on merger day. Hopefully, I have an update to share tomorrow.
I am the one of last applicants in late July. My first statement closed in the end of Aug with over 4000 spending (excluding annual fee), but no FN is deposited to my account as of today.

Assume Marriott IT stuck on processing the newly posted FN conversion (system need to map Tier 1-4 -> up to 60k)
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by shaky02dd

I applied on the last day (July 27), met spend before statement closed on august 26. The points from spend and AU bonus spend posted to my Marriott, but not the certs yet
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by tonywush
IAssume Marriott IT stuck on processing the newly posted FN conversion (system need to map Tier 1-4 -> up to 60k)
Maybe with some complaining they might agree to 120k points instead?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, United Silver
Realize this might not be the right place for these questions, but does anyone know:
1) if the double elite night credit for paid stays at Ritz-Carlton hotels when a member of Ritz-Carlton Rewards sticks around next year? I earned double elite night credits for a Ritz hotel stay between 8/19 and 8/21
2) is there still a Chase Marriott card out there that offers an elite night credit for every $3,000 of spend on it? If so, will that card still offer that benefit in 2019, and if yes on 2019, is it possible to get that card, either directly through a new application or through a product change from some other Chase Marriott card?

Sorry again if not the right place for these questions, but figure some posters here may know the answers - or at least the right place to find the answers.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by mss2114
Realize this might not be the right place for these questions, but does anyone know:
1) if the double elite night credit for paid stays at Ritz-Carlton hotels when a member of Ritz-Carlton Rewards sticks around next year? I earned double elite night credits for a Ritz hotel stay between 8/19 and 8/21
2) is there still a Chase Marriott card out there that offers an elite night credit for every $3,000 of spend on it? If so, will that card still offer that benefit in 2019, and if yes on 2019, is it possible to get that card, either directly through a new application or through a product change from some other Chase Marriott card?

Sorry again if not the right place for these questions, but figure some posters here may know the answers - or at least the right place to find the answers.
2) The Marriott Rewards Visa that offers an elite night with 3k spend is no longer available. It was changed to the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus earlier this year for new applicants and they dangled "upgrade" offers for folks to upgrade to the Premier Plus. Those who accepted lost this perk in exchange for others. I didn't bite on it strictly because of the elite night credit disappeared.
mss2114 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
You get the old Gold for the first account year, or 365 days...
i applied in july and spent over $10k before my first statement closed hoping to get an "old" gold extended for another year but was told by the marriott rep that my new platinum elite status will end on 1/31/2019...ridiculous. i sent a secure message to chase complaining about it and still waiting for their reply. seems like people who signed up for this card recently will only have the new platinum elite status for ONLY a few months - totally unacceptable. this is against what the card advertised, we should have at least a year of the new platinum elite status. hopefully more people who signed up for this card would complain to chase about it.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fu841u6
i applied in july and spent over $10k before my first statement closed hoping to get an "old" gold extended for another year but was told by the marriott rep that my new platinum elite status will end on 1/31/2019...ridiculous. i sent a secure message to chase complaining about it and still waiting for their reply. seems like people who signed up for this card recently will only have the new platinum elite status for ONLY a few months - totally unacceptable. this is against what the card advertised, we should have at least a year of the new platinum elite status. hopefully more people who signed up for this card would complain to chase about it.
I confirmed with Marriott that my Platinum status is valid until August 2019. Messaging Chase is a waste of time. They dont control providing this benefit and will just tell you such.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by nexusCFX

I confirmed with Marriott that my Platinum status is valid until August 2019. Messaging Chase is a waste of time. They dont control providing this benefit and will just tell you such.
Oh but they do control it. It is a benefit of the card and they can make things happen if they wish to.

Getting to the right person at Chase - that is the issue.
RedSun likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Oh but they do control it. It is a benefit of the card and they can make things happen if they wish to.

Getting to the right person at Chase - that is the issue.
Question is who's the right person to contact at Chase? i don't understand why are there different answers to this question. Isn't it pretty straightforward? Ritz Carlton card holders should have a full year of new platinum status according to the card benefits.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.