Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018.

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018.

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 10, 18, 8:30 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Wiki Link
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz & SPG) property up to 50,000 MRs. SPG properties are possible later.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status the first account year.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Troon Rewards and PRIV… ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Aug 30, 18, 5:39 pm
  #2311  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: EWR/PHL/BWI
Posts: 1,259
Originally Posted by coffee18 View Post
DP: Anniversary is coming up-- received notification in mail. 50k cert deposited in my account. AF is not hit yet.
Mine is coming up in Sept. I wish the cert would be up to 60k, like the old Tier 1-4 certificates.
RedSun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 18, 10:09 pm
  #2312  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 131
Originally Posted by cdoobiest View Post
Any recent datapoints of gift cards working in small denominations. I was thinking $25 or $50 to pass off as baggage fees on Delta, Air Canada or JetBlue. I heard Delta is still coded as Delta GC. Just checking. Thanks
this might help https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...r-data-needed/
Soccerjoshj07 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 18, 9:28 am
  #2313  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 279
I did 2x $150 AA gift card purchases and when calling in said they were for bicycle checking fees. $300 credit posted the next day.
mpeterson78 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 18, 2:29 pm
  #2314  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 166
Originally Posted by mia View Post
The regulation (that Chase has improperly applied) only applies to the first year after the card is issued.
Thanks, I thought I saw DP's that the AF credit works the 2nd year as well, so wasn't sure at which point it gets posted.
DjRocket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 18, 9:22 pm
  #2315  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 131
Probably not since the merger, but did anyone have any luck getting the signup free nights extended?
Soccerjoshj07 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 18, 10:37 pm
  #2316  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: fort worth, texas
Posts: 941
still no 2 free nights...

Originally Posted by tonywush View Post
I just crossed the $4000 minimum spending on Aug 19. Statement closed on Aug 26. Just saw the points posted to Marriott account, but not the 2FN.

Anyone who had similar experience?
Same situation, although my statement closed on the 21st, and met the spend on the 21st (I did receive all the points for the $4000, so there was no delay there). If the full spend didn't post as points I would figure it still didn't make the cut-off, but they did so I expected the certs as well.

I did SM Chase and they confirmed the offer and I had met the spend, but gave me the standard 1-2 statement cycle excuse.

Anyone else get there's lately after recently applying for the card?
teammjs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 18, 2:28 pm
  #2317  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 131
I havenít seen any points from this card or the SPG bus card since merging my accounts. Hopefully it gets worked out eventually.

Originally Posted by teammjs View Post
Same situation, although my statement closed on the 21st, and met the spend on the 21st (I did receive all the points for the $4000, so there was no delay there). If the full spend didn't post as points I would figure it still didn't make the cut-off, but they did so I expected the certs as well.

I did SM Chase and they confirmed the offer and I had met the spend, but gave me the standard 1-2 statement cycle excuse.

Anyone else get there's lately after recently applying for the card?
Soccerjoshj07 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 18, 4:11 pm
  #2318  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH GLD (thanks Citi), former DL silver
Posts: 2,910
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07 View Post
I havenít seen any points from this card or the SPG bus card since merging my accounts. Hopefully it gets worked out eventually.
RC points have posted for me since merging. SPG card points, I believe, are seeing some well-documented delays.
RedSun likes this.
nall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 18, 9:42 pm
  #2319  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: EWR/PHL/BWI
Posts: 1,259
Originally Posted by nall View Post
RC points have posted for me since merging. SPG card points, I believe, are seeing some well-documented delays.
My SPG points were last posted on 8/24/2018.
RedSun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 18, 10:07 pm
  #2320  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH GLD (thanks Citi), former DL silver
Posts: 2,910
Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
My SPG points were last posted on 8/24/2018.
That doesn't indicate the delay between statement closure and when the points posted to your combined account.

Thread for delays on SPG points:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...-thread-3.html
nall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 18, 11:54 pm
  #2321  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: EWR/PHL/BWI
Posts: 1,259
Originally Posted by nall View Post
That doesn't indicate the delay between statement closure and when the points posted to your combined account.

Thread for delays on SPG points:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...-thread-3.html
Statement closing date is 8/10.
RedSun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 18, 11:28 am
  #2322  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SEA
Programs: DL Platinum, Starriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,426
Originally Posted by coffee18 View Post
DP: Anniversary is coming up-- received notification in mail. 50k cert deposited in my account. AF is not hit yet.
My AF was charged on 9/1 but didn't get any notifications about the anniversary night nor was it posted into my account.
Jimgotkp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 18, 12:15 pm
  #2323  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MD/DC
Programs: Hilton Gold, PC Ambassador Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Marriot/SPG Gold, TK Gold
Posts: 1,138
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp View Post
My AF was charged on 9/1 but didn't get any notifications about the anniversary night nor was it posted into my account.
Annual fee posting on 9/1 means that your anniversary date was sometime in August - it could be before or after the cut off. My annual fee posted on 9/1 but my anniversary date was before the cut off (8/26). The upgrade certificates were posted as expected in July and I don't expect any free night to post this year.
MD/DC Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 18, 1:25 pm
  #2324  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: EWR/PHL/BWI
Posts: 1,259
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer View Post
Annual fee posting on 9/1 means that your anniversary date was sometime in August - it could be before or after the cut off. My annual fee posted on 9/1 but my anniversary date was before the cut off (8/26). The upgrade certificates were posted as expected in July and I don't expect any free night to post this year.
I believe this is the case. If the anniversary is before 8/26, it is unlikely that the annual night award will be offered. The AF should post after anniversary date.

My anniversary is later September. I expect the annual night award to come soon.
RedSun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 18, 2:58 pm
  #2325  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: JFK
Programs: AA Platinum
Posts: 275
$395 AF posted 9/1. This follows two straight years of zero AF thanks to the CL trick.

Retention offered a $150 credit, no strings attached. I declined; account closed.
Richard Berg is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: