Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Quimby4
We now have a pretty clear answer
I would safely say that that they become 60K certificates. Just unsure if expiration date stays the same or extended or ?

https://members.marriott.com/faq/#i-...a-after-august
Thanks

I HAVE A FREE NIGHT CERTIFICATE FROM A MARRIOTT REWARDS OR RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS CREDIT CARD. CAN I USE IT AT AN SPG HOTEL (OR VICE VERSA) AFTER AUGUST?

Members may book a redemption reservation with an existing Free Night Certificate under the current terms up until August 2018, even if the arrival date is after August 2018. Starting in August, any outstanding Certificates will be updated from Category-based to points-based values in the new combined redemption chart and may be used for stays at Rewards or SPG hotels up to the points value displayed on your updated Certificate. For example, you will be able to apply a Marriott Rewards Free Night Certificate to an SPG stay, or an SPG Free Night Award to a Marriott Rewards stay. Ritz-Carlton Rewards Free Night Certificates can also be applied to Marriott Rewards and SPG hotels.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:58 pm

Just got approved for this card. Anyone know if i should spend 10k before 8/1 or 8/26 to get a platinum elite status that could last till 2020?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:11 pm

I had a question about eligible rates to receive the $100 food/beverage credit for 2+ night stays. It seems fairly clear that it is not applicable to discount rates (e.g. AAA, govt, etc.). However, can you book a rate that say includes breakfast (or parking) or is it really only valid for the standard room-only rate? I apologize if this has been answered; I couldn't find a clear answer in my searches...

Addendum: I think I figured out the answer. It seems that the Z34 rate code corresponds to the $100 credit, and that seems online to only give you base rooms with no add-ons. That's not a very helpful credit then for my purposes since the standard breakfast package that is offered is usually a better deal for me...

Last edited by victoras; Jul 24, 2018 at 8:45 am Reason: updated info
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:30 am

Platinum via $75k spend

Any recent data points on how long for status upgrade after statement closes? My statement closed on July 17. I am hoping it gets reflected before Aug 1.

Thanks!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by DjRocket
Hi, any specific reason why those two numbers? Do they coincide with some kind of SW upgrade or reimbursable fee?

Thank you!

Sorry - just logging back in today. The A list fee is $15 so I figured if questioned it would be a multiple of that amount. The 3rd bag fee is $75 so again I picked a multiple. They did not really care.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by fightingirishnd
Sorry - just logging back in today. The A list fee is $15 so I figured if questioned it would be a multiple of that amount. The 3rd bag fee is $75 so again I picked a multiple. They did not really care.
Makes sense, thank you ! Another interesting way to get the credit, I read, is to purchase a refundable ticket, upgrade it, get reimbursed for the upgrade, then cancel the ticket. Sounds simple enough, I think I'll try this approach.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by DjRocket
Makes sense, thank you ! Another interesting way to get the credit, I read, is to purchase a refundable ticket, upgrade it, get reimbursed for the upgrade, then cancel the ticket. Sounds simple enough, I think I'll try this approach.
They credit pretty much anything, I had award taxes/fees and straight up tickets reimbursed. When you're dealing with different currencies a ryanair/easyjet/aeroplan/krisflyer/ana 56.43 or 154.84 usd charge could be a number of things and if the right person is on the phone they won't question anything. Chase will see the refund of the upgrade, so I wouldn't go that route personally as I spend much more than $300 a year on various airlines anyways.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by moops380
They credit pretty much anything, I had award taxes/fees and straight up tickets reimbursed. When you're dealing with different currencies a ryanair/easyjet/aeroplan/krisflyer/ana 56.43 or 154.84 usd charge could be a number of things and if the right person is on the phone they won't question anything. Chase will see the refund of the upgrade, so I wouldn't go that route personally as I spend much more than $300 a year on various airlines anyways.
+1

fairly easy to use up the ritz credit if/when you have charges from foreign carriers

the converse invite more scrutiny IME
Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
i just got the official email, official status after August is Marriott gold, what a disaster...
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nk15
i just got the official email, official status after August is Marriott gold, what a disaster...
Can you be more clear? Are you saying you received an email saying that your existing Marriott Gold status from the R-C card would turn into gold in August, or are you saying you received an email saying as of August your card benefit will be free gold status, 75K spend to meet platinum. The latter was already known, the former would be news.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Can you be more clear? Are you saying you received an email saying that your existing Marriott Gold status from the R-C card would turn into gold in August, or are you saying you received an email saying as of August your card benefit will be free gold status, 75K spend to meet platinum. The latter was already known, the former would be news.
The latter, but how is this different fom the former, it seems the same.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

------
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nk15
The latter, but how is this different fom the former, it seems the same.
It's not the same at all. As far as anyone knows, all existing MR Gold and RC Gold status converts into Platinum in the new program. This means anyone currently holding that status from the RC card would get Platinum. Going forward, they would only earn gold, which has been known for a long time. How existing status migrates, and how future status is earned, are two different things.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:38 am

What about a new Ritz visa opened this year? I thought the "Automatic Gold Elite status your first account year" on the application would be become "platinum elite" in August.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
It's not the same at all. As far as anyone knows, all existing MR Gold and RC Gold status converts into Platinum in the new program. This means anyone currently holding that status from the RC card would get Platinum. Going forward, they would only earn gold, which has been known for a long time. How existing status migrates, and how future status is earned, are two different things.
I hope you are right, and I assume there are some official statements about that (not just inferences), otherwise it is just wishful thinking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.