Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
i had my free night lapse and its been almost 3 months -I sent a message to marriott but never heard back about extending - do i still have any luck if i call a line directly? which line is my best bet?
Perhaps 888-696-0394? This is the executive Exclusive Guest Services
StatusChallenged likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:09 pm

Any thoughts on what will happen to the free night certs earned as a sign up bonus? It seems like this thread says they would be converted to points, but what if they are earned sometime in August or September (I just got the card a few days ago).
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:01 pm
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Any thoughts on what will happen to the free night certs earned as a sign up bonus? It seems like this thread says they would be converted to points, but what if they are earned sometime in August or September (I just got the card a few days ago).
Where does it say that? In the wiki it says this about marriotts certs which I am presuming ritz would be treated same:

38. Please clarify whether this means that Chase Marriott Visa Cat 1-5 floater certificates will be converted into actual points or whether they will be converted into points-based free night certificates. Thanks.
There will be more details to come on this soon. <added by Starwood Lurker 19Jun18 >
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CDO
Where does it say that? In the wiki it says this about marriotts certs which I am presuming ritz would be treated same:

38. Please clarify whether this means that Chase Marriott Visa Cat 1-5 floater certificates will be converted into actual points or whether they will be converted into points-based free night certificates. Thanks.
Question C5 which is "How will existing Chase category-5 certificates be handled after the realignment of categories?" says they'll be converted into points equivalent certs in the new program. My read is this is closest to the Ritz certs, but it's unclear because they haven't given a full definition of "floater certificates" and Starwood Lurker seems to have given up on trying to get answers for people. Personally I don't think they would convert the certs to points for a number of reasons, mostly because it would be likely to be more costly for Marriott.

So the question then is what will our existing certs map to. Tier 4 RCs currently have a point value of 60k pts/nt. The 60k pt standard level in the new combined award chart is a cat 7, the highest level, so if they reissue the Ritz certs as an up to 60k/nt property we could presumably have 2 virtually unrestricted free night certs until the new Cat 8 launches in 2019 which is the 2nd best case scenario, with the best case scenario being Marriott taking away our 2 free night sign up bonus and giving us 120k MR each, which is a scenario that I don't believe is going to happen anyway.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Was denied for the RC card last week, but I called reconsideration and they reevaluated my application. Not sure what exactly they did, but they called me back today, verified some info, and now I'm approved. Card is already showing up in Chase.com. How long will it take for the Marriott Gold status to appear? Hopefully less than 11 days!
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Was denied for the RC card last week, but I called reconsideration and they reevaluated my application. Not sure what exactly they did, but they called me back today, verified some info, and now I'm approved. Card is already showing up in Chase.com. How long will it take for the Marriott Gold status to appear? Hopefully less than 11 days!
You should definitely get it before August 1. I applied Wednesday evening on 6/27/2018 and received an email by noon 6/29/2018 from SPG congratulating me on Gold status. I checked my Marriott account and sure enough, gold on there as well.

Last edited by ppatel14; Jul 20, 2018 at 12:32 pm Reason: Date
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:59 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
You'll get MR/RC Gold several days, about a week.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:55 am
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Question C5 which is "How will existing Chase category-5 certificates be handled after the realignment of categories?" says they'll be converted into points equivalent certs in the new program. My read is this is closest to the Ritz certs, but it's unclear because they haven't given a full definition of "floater certificates" and Starwood Lurker seems to have given up on trying to get answers for people. Personally I don't think they would convert the certs to points for a number of reasons, mostly because it would be likely to be more costly for Marriott.

So the question then is what will our existing certs map to. Tier 4 RCs currently have a point value of 60k pts/nt. The 60k pt standard level in the new combined award chart is a cat 7, the highest level, so if they reissue the Ritz certs as an up to 60k/nt property we could presumably have 2 virtually unrestricted free night certs until the new Cat 8 launches in 2019 which is the 2nd best case scenario, with the best case scenario being Marriott taking away our 2 free night sign up bonus and giving us 120k MR each, which is a scenario that I don't believe is going to happen anyway.
I agree with you but honestly I think converting to points is unlikely. Also think that providing 60k per night certs to not be a best case scenario but more a base case scenario. Anything below that and we should be upset as this would be a stealth devaluation and unacceptable. We did not decide to merge programs they did therefore they should honor the high value of the certs which is 60k per night. Either way I am struggling to understand why they are not being forthcoming with this basic information.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:26 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:39 am
Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by mster
I currently have Gold status from SPG which I know will not convert to Platinum on 8/1.

If I apply for the Ritz card now will my Marriott account be updated to reflect the Ritz as the new source of my Gold status? Would my Gold status then convert to Platinum on 8/1?

Thanks for anyone who can offer insight here
That's what everyone is hoping for, but we just aren't 100% sure. If you apply I would apply soon just in case 1) it takes a few days for your Marriott account to be upgraded and 2) if it takes longer to get approved and you don't like calling in.

PS: After being approved, the card was overnighted ~3 days later (after Marriott verification)
Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:52 am

Does anyone know if you receive any additional Marriott points by using the Ritz card to buy SPG points from points.com?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
no dice - 10k+ annual spend with spg-marriott and platinum. I originally reached out via email and never heard back and sat on it too long, so i guess it was my fault.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Wondering how long it will take to get 2 free night certs after meeting bonus qualification. I applied for card a month ago. Plan to try to meet minimum spend by this weekend to get certs in account before Aug 1 merger. I am at about $3500 but this takes into account $450 fee, so about $950 short of meeting $4000 spend. Is this good idea or can i slow spending down and not worry about meeting $4000 spend sooner than later?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Wondering how long it will take to get 2 free night certs after meeting bonus qualification. I applied for card a month ago. Plan to try to meet minimum spend by this weekend to get certs in account before Aug 1 merger. I am at about $3500 but this takes into account $450 fee, so about $950 short of meeting $4000 spend. Is this good idea or can i slow spending down and not worry about meeting $4000 spend sooner than later?
I got my card recently and hit the $4,000 spend requirement quickly with the help of a trip to the appliance store. The two free nights showed up on my account in a few days.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
I don't think it will matter if you hit it before 8/1, but they show up very quickly. Be mindful that they expire 1 year from when they're dropped in your account, not 1 year from account opening/approval, if you already have a use planned for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.