Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
If someone is planning to do the 1.5K CL "trick", is there a deadline for when one needs to do so in order to get the AF refunded? Going to need a higher limit for the first couple of months to meet the min spend.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by txpenny
Love those as well.

I just booked my three free day sign up bonus from 18 months or so ago at the Ritz-Osaka. I've never paid to stay at that hotel (always points) and have always been able to negotiate club access for my point stays.

M extended them for my by a year.

Great card. Hope it sticks around for a while.
how were you able to negotiate?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07

In my case I've emailed hotels in the past to ask about paying some amount for club level.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07

It was more of a (tiny) DYKWIA request. There was no club availability. I asked "even for platinum members". Desk clerk checked with man standing next to her (probably the head desk clerk), and after a 3 minute back and forth, we were granted the club. I think the price was fixed (base on availability).
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by txpenny
It was more of a (tiny) DYKWIA request. There was no club availability. I asked "even for platinum members". Desk clerk checked with man standing next to her (probably the head desk clerk), and after a 3 minute back and forth, we were granted the club. I think the price was fixed (base on availability).
so you did have to pay, right?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I called SPG and said I wanted to unlink because Marriott's IT is really bad and I don't want any status migration problems. My SPG profile showed that the connection is gone within about 12hrs, but my Marriott account still shows my SPG number, gold status, etc. Probably takes a bit to propagate.
I'm similarly concerned about Marriott somehow messing this up with the status matching. I'm SPG Plat linked to MR Plat with current expiration in 2/19. I called SPG to unlink and it was a 5-minute phone call, no problems. The SPG guy said I should also call MR to unlink on their end so I did, waited on hold for over an hour, and ultimately was told by MR they have no way to unlink.

So I guess I can just hope for the best -- it shows that it's unlinked on the SPG side for now at least. Waiting to apply for the RC card until I can confirm that the MR status has been reset, so fingers crossed here.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:00 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by nkedge
I'm similarly concerned about Marriott somehow messing this up with the status matching. I'm SPG Plat linked to MR Plat with current expiration in 2/19. I called SPG to unlink and it was a 5-minute phone call, no problems. The SPG guy said I should also call MR to unlink on their end so I did, waited on hold for over an hour, and ultimately was told by MR they have no way to unlink.

So I guess I can just hope for the best -- it shows that it's unlinked on the SPG side for now at least. Waiting to apply for the RC card until I can confirm that the MR status has been reset, so fingers crossed here.
I do not think it is necessary to unlink. But what do I know?

After all the status matching dust settles, we'll see what happens. I get AmEx Plat, RC, SPG and Marriott. They are all related now.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:02 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I may apply for another RC card for family member to get the bonus. Afraid RC may be limited by the 5/24 some day.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:17 pm

If you're MR Plat I'm not sure what you're concerned about. You're getting plat regardless, unless you're a 75K spending hoping to go to plat premier?

For the record, it unlinked on the SPG side for me after about 12 hours. Marriott is still linked. I call them this morning and they sent in a "work order" to have it unlinked. I'm probably just being overly paranoid here but since I just got the R-C card primarily to get platinum through to the end of 2019 I don't want any trouble.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
I just got approved for mine along with an AU. Should I just call or SM Chase to get Priority Pass for myself and the AU?
My Priority Pass card came just a few days after my RC card.I already have PP through AMEX Platinum but the RC version seems to be a bit different
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by m.photog
My Priority Pass card came just a few days after my RC card.I already have PP through AMEX Platinum but the RC version seems to be a bit different
Thanks. JPM line said mine would come automatically, but that they had to manually enrol for the AU so I had them do that. Trying to have all of it shipped to an address in Canada though, so who knows if that's actually gonna work.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
If you're MR Plat I'm not sure what you're concerned about. You're getting plat regardless, unless you're a 75K spending hoping to go to plat premier?

For the record, it unlinked on the SPG side for me after about 12 hours. Marriott is still linked. I call them this morning and they sent in a "work order" to have it unlinked. I'm probably just being overly paranoid here but since I just got the R-C card primarily to get platinum through to the end of 2019 I don't want any trouble.
I'm not "real" MR Plat, only just by virtue of my earned SPG Plat. That status will expire Feb 2019. The goal is to get "real" MR Gold comped via the RC Visa that will evolve into the new MR Plat with an expiration of Feb 2020.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
If someone is planning to do the 1.5K CL "trick", is there a deadline for when one needs to do so in order to get the AF refunded? Going to need a higher limit for the first couple of months to meet the min spend.
Whats this trick you mention?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:40 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Westin
Whats this trick....
If you ask Chase to reduce the Ritz Carlton card's credit limit to $1,500 the system will automatically refund the annual fee. You can use Search this Thread to read other posts that explain why this happens. It does not work with other Chase cards.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:42 pm

I'm not "real" MR Plat, only just by virtue of my earned SPG Plat. That status will expire Feb 2019. The goal is to get "real" MR Gold comped via the RC Visa that will evolve into the new MR Plat with an expiration of Feb 2020.
​​Both of mine are unlinked now, but Marriott still says gold. I've heard it can take 8 weeks for the R-C gold to apply so I don't know if it's just lingering despite the unlink or if this is "true" gold now. I did get the club certs though so fingers crossed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.