Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:12 pm

Good catch on that PDF - there's a similar update for the Marriott Business card, which matches the SPG Business card. I suspect no one is surprised about that.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:10 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
For purchases that post to your account beginning August 26, 2018, you’ll earn with the RC Rewards Card (according to "The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Card Rewards Program Agreement")
  • 6 Rewards points for each $1 spent on qualifying purchases made at participating The Ritz-Carlton locations, participating Marriott® locations, and participating SPG locations.
  • 3 Rewards points for each $1 spent on purchases in the following rewards categories: restaurants; airline tickets when purchased directly with the airline; car rental agencies.
  • 2 Rewards points for each $1 spent on all other purchases including purchases for stays at The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club® locations, Charter Rewards points or payment of annual Destination Club program membership dues.

I am assuming that "qualifying purchases" (it's not defined in the original agreement mentioned above) in the above means room rate only, then isn't it logical that dining at Marriott/RC and SPG hotels will earn 3 award points per $1 spent and all other (incidental) spending (besides room rate and dining) will earn 2 award points per $1 spent? Or does "qualifying purchases" mean all spending at the hotel (room rate, dining, spa, etc.)?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
I am assuming that "qualifying purchases" (it's not defined in the original agreement mentioned above) in the above means room rate only, then isn't it logical that dining at Marriott/RC and SPG hotels will earn 3 award points per $1 spent and all other (incidental) spending (besides room rate and dining) will earn 2 award points per $1 spent? Or does "qualifying purchases" mean all spending at the hotel (room rate, dining, spa, etc.)?
Most likely (and probably the only way they can do it) is whatever is charged to your room will be "qualified". Other expenses, that are not billed by the hotel will not.

Or in other words, if the transaction is processed through Marriott/SPG it would be qualifying - if not, it would not be.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
While I think it's been made quite clear to me now that signing up for the card before Aug 1 will allow for Plat Elite in the New Marriott until 2019, I'm still grey on what happens if I complete min spend AFTER Aug 1st? Is there any way to know or at least theorize what kind of certs I would be earning?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
While I think it's been made quite clear to me now that signing up for the card before Aug 1 will allow for Plat Elite in the New Marriott until 2019, I'm still grey on what happens if I complete min spend AFTER Aug 1st? Is there any way to know or at least theorize what kind of certs I would be earning?
I don't think it matter much when you finish your spending unless you are planning on using the cert immediately (before August). AFAIK all unused certs will be converted to max point value certs upon the transition. What value will be assigned to the Ritz certificates is indeed a very good question.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:48 am

If you earn before August you get a certificate that is converted to the one you would get in August. In both cases the August certificate will be assigned a point value, which I assume means they'll be redeemable at any M/SPG/Ritz hotel based on point price rather than Ritz tier level. It's just not confirmed what that point value will be. I might get the card just for status and 2 nights, and that's how I read this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:45 pm

Angry Ritz Card subjected to 5/24?

Just got the letter in the mail that tells me that I was denied for the Ritz cardbecause "you already have the maxi amt of credit we can offer you" and "your current amount of credit is enough in relation to your income". I called the reconsideration line. The woman was extremely curt and not nice. She gave one line answers and wouldn't elaborate when asked and kept just repeating herself. I asked if I coudl move some of the 34K credit limit they gave me on the reserve and said "no, they are not moving credit at this time". I tried to inquire, saying that I thought that was possible and she condescendingly said "things change all the time". Then she proceeded to tell me that I was over 5/24. Which I know I am NOT. UGH. I just also realized that I thought the Ritz was not under the 5/24 rule? However, that is why she said I couldn't have it. First, she touted the max credit, when asked to move some over, she said they don't do that, then she said that I'm over 5/24.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by tmousewins
Just got the letter in the mail that tells me that I was denied for the Ritz cardbecause "you already have the maxi amt of credit we can offer you" and "your current amount of credit is enough in relation to your income". I called the reconsideration line. The woman was extremely curt and not nice. She gave one line answers and wouldn't elaborate when asked and kept just repeating herself. I asked if I coudl move some of the 34K credit limit they gave me on the reserve and said "no, they are not moving credit at this time". I tried to inquire, saying that I thought that was possible and she condescendingly said "things change all the time". Then she proceeded to tell me that I was over 5/24. Which I know I am NOT. UGH. I just also realized that I thought the Ritz was not under the 5/24 rule? However, that is why she said I couldn't have it. First, she touted the max credit, when asked to move some over, she said they don't do that, then she said that I'm over 5/24.
I was told I have the max amount of credit they could offer me too when I applied for a Marriott business last month. I think Chase is becoming more stingy on giving out credit. They wouldn't even let me move my credit either. I'm wondering if I should reduce some of my credit lines.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:10 pm

I am just wondering how it is cleared that signing up for the card before Aug 1 will allow for Plat Elite in the New Marriott until 2019? Where do you see the official announcement? Could you share the source?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 5:03 am

has anyone lowered their CL recently to avoid the AF?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:15 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by yerffej201
It is much better if you get up at 6 AM and get on a tour bus from the Ritz resort, than game the system and avoid the fees that you get the benefits....
dw and danbnash like this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
I did so successfully about 2 months ago.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
It is much better if you get up at 6 AM and get on a tour bus from the Ritz resort, than game the system and avoid the fees that you get the benefits....
?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
I applied for the card about 3 days ago and was approved in about 15 seconds. I called yesterday to see if i could expedite the process since we have some travel coming up soon. I was told that the normal time was 7-10 business days as stated on their website but due to the rush it could take up to 30 days. The lady I spoke with was predictably vague about the status after August 1st and other details.

One thing I failed to ask is whether the club upgrade certificates and the airline credit were for the calendar year or run through the 1 year anniversary of opening the account. I assume they reset at the end of the year, any thoughts?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:20 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by m.photog
I applied for the card about 3 days ago and was approved in about 15 seconds. I called yesterday to see if i could expedite the process since we have some travel coming up soon. I was told that the normal time was 7-10 business days as stated on their website but due to the rush it could take up to 30 days. The lady I spoke with was predictably vague about the status after August 1st and other details.

One thing I failed to ask is whether the club upgrade certificates and the airline credit were for the calendar year or run through the 1 year anniversary of opening the account. I assume they reset at the end of the year, any thoughts?
The co-brand CCs take longer time to process since Chase has to set up on the hotel side. It is not just printing the card and send to you.

I recall both Chase CSR and RC go by the anniversary yer, not calendar year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.