Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by coffee18
I'm grandfathered to the $395 AF, and maybe $450 vs. $395 is the difference but I'd never close this card. $300 travel credit each year, unlimited $100 off Visa Infinite flights, PP, Gold that transfers to SPG, free AU. Plus the 3 nights I got as a bonus. I'm way over 5/24 to get CSR, so I'd never close this thing.
What you said, and even though I sound like a shill for this card, but let me throw in two other good things:
  • primary car rental coverage
  • the fact that the AU's card number and three-digit code are same as primary means that either partner can whip out their card to book for other, which can have some advantages when using the $100 off, or just plain booking ordinary tickets for the other partner
coffee18 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by coffee18
I'm grandfathered to the $395 AF, and maybe $450 vs. $395 is the difference but I'd never close this card. $300 travel credit each year, unlimited $100 off Visa Infinite flights, PP, Gold that transfers to SPG, free AU. Plus the 3 nights I got as a bonus. I'm way over 5/24 to get CSR, so I'd never close this thing.
What you said, and even though I sound like a shill for this card, but let me throw in two other good things:
  • the fact that the AU's card number and three-digit code are same as primary means that either partner can whip out their card to book for other, which can have some advantages when using the $100 off, or just plain booking ordinary tickets for the other partner
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
AUs get primary rental insurance too, correct?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:06 pm

That's certainly been my understanding (and usage). Just like how AU's can do the $100 Visa Infinite airfare deduction, even if the primary is not in the party. I think both are not unrelated to my point about how indistinguishable the cards are, other than by names.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:34 pm

What he said...AND, the three Club Level upgrades per year!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by jeepie
What he said...AND, the three Club Level upgrades per year!
Love those as well.

I just booked my three free day sign up bonus from 18 months or so ago at the Ritz-Osaka. I've never paid to stay at that hotel (always points) and have always been able to negotiate club access for my point stays.

M extended them for my by a year.

Great card. Hope it sticks around for a while.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by txpenny
Love those as well.

I just booked my three free day sign up bonus from 18 months or so ago at the Ritz-Osaka. I've never paid to stay at that hotel (always points) and have always been able to negotiate club access for my point stays.

M extended them for my by a year.

Great card. Hope it sticks around for a while.
Wow not sure how you managed that, but that is typically impossible. The club upgrades only ever seem to work on paid stays and that too only on the upgradeable rate (which sometimes is more expensive than any promo rate that you might be able to see on the website). How are you able to achieve this?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by porphyra
Wow not sure how you managed that, but that is typically impossible. The club upgrades only ever seem to work on paid stays and that too only on the upgradeable rate (which sometimes is more expensive than any promo rate that you might be able to see on the website). How are you able to achieve this?
Yeah I've never seen that before either. I was lucky enough to get an upgrade from a standard JW Marriott room to a Ritz Carlton Club Lounge room but this was in LA where the hotels are basically the same.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by porphyra
Some hotels have it available directly on the website - see RC Grande Lakes. Others, I just call and ask. Typically, the going rate is $150-200/night to upgrade to Club on a points stay.

Edit: In reviewing your comment, maybe there is confusion over upgrading to Club and using the Club certificates to upgrade. You're right, the Club certs must be used for a paid stay.

Last edited by sig05; Apr 6, 2018 at 9:30 am
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Cash upgrade.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by mia
See HERE from 2016, but don't ignore the fee, pay it and wait for a refund.
The credit limit trick worked beautifully. Paid my balance in full including the annual fee. Requested the limit reduction via SM a few days later. Annual fee was refunded two days later.
Robl likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, United Silver
Anyone have a feel for how status levels earned from Ritz Carlton credit card spend will be treated in the program merger? I don't stay enough nights at Marr-Woods to get platinum status that route, but given reimbursed spend for work and healthcare, have been able to get Marriott/Starwood/Ritz platinum status via the Ritz credit card in the last year, and was just about to hit for this cardholder year as well. I'd like to believe that given I'm earning Platinum status from Marriott initially, which ordinarily would require 75 nights of stays, that this should be the "Platinum-75" tier under the rumored 5-tier set up, but as Hans Solo once said - I have a bad feeling about this.

I tried asking Chase, but they were clueless. Hopefully we'll have a definitive answer on Monday, but even that might be asking too much - I'm guessing there's a small enough group of people earning Platinum status this route that they won't have a plan to address it for some time.

If anyone else is in a similar boat, curious to hear your thoughts. Thanks
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mss2114
Anyone have a feel for how status levels earned from Ritz Carlton credit card spend will be treated in the program merger? I don't stay enough nights at Marr-Woods to get platinum status that route, but given reimbursed spend for work and healthcare, have been able to get Marriott/Starwood/Ritz platinum status via the Ritz credit card in the last year, and was just about to hit for this cardholder year as well. I'd like to believe that given I'm earning Platinum status from Marriott initially, which ordinarily would require 75 nights of stays, that this should be the "Platinum-75" tier under the rumored 5-tier set up, but as Hans Solo once said - I have a bad feeling about this.

I tried asking Chase, but they were clueless. Hopefully we'll have a definitive answer on Monday, but even that might be asking too much - I'm guessing there's a small enough group of people earning Platinum status this route that they won't have a plan to address it for some time.

If anyone else is in a similar boat, curious to hear your thoughts. Thanks
Maybe wait until April 16? Hopefully we will get answers.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:34 pm

Hi,

Any rumors that the Chase Ritz card will discontinued now that Marriott and SPG are merging? Wonder if should apply soon before the card disappeared.

And is Chase still matching the 3 nights promo? or is it long gone?

Thanks.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by apple1122
Hi,

Any rumors that the Chase Ritz card will discontinued now that Marriott and SPG are merging? Wonder if should apply soon before the card disappeared.

And is Chase still matching the 3 nights promo? or is it long gone?

Thanks.
My request to be matched to the 3 nights was denied 2-3 weeks ago. Seems to have died end of 2017/beginning of 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.