Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2020, 5:32 pm

Finally got around to calling and applying the credit to some grocery purchases. Process couldn’t be any simpler, all of 5 minutes!
Old Dec 17, 2020, 1:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Works for me too. I'm not sure why people are latching on to my complaint about one benefit to imply that I don't like the card.
Actually one of the biggest benefits is the RC Club Awards. Even as a Titanium, I do not get Club access.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Nevsky
Actually one of the biggest benefits is the RC Club Awards. Even as a Titanium, I do not get Club access.
Agreed, the R-C Club access is an excellent benefit; and, while you are correct about it not being offered for Titanium members, R-C DOES offer us suite upgrades. So, the combination can be very nice. At a grandfathered $395, my card is a definite keeper. Ymmv. Cheers.
Nevsky and lsquare like this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Does anyone know if Chase is extending the $300 travel credit for food and dining establishments in 2021 like they did in 2020?
Old Dec 25, 2020, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by happyvoid
Does anyone know if Chase is extending the $300 travel credit for food and dining establishments in 2021 like they did in 2020?
Nothing has been announced. The fact that the CSR travel credit can be used on gas and groceries through June makes me think it's likely that they'll extend the qualifying categories for the Ritz credit, but they seem to be slower on the updates and messaging with this card.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jeepie
Agreed, the R-C Club access is an excellent benefit; and, while you are correct about it not being offered for Titanium members, R-C DOES offer us suite upgrades. So, the combination can be very nice. At a grandfathered $395, my card is a definite keeper. Ymmv. Cheers.
Your AF is grandfathered for as long as the card exist?
Old Jan 1, 2021, 9:00 am

Yes, that has been my experience.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by happyvoid
called today and was told that it ended on 12/31/20. Nothing is currently announced yet for 2021
Old Jan 1, 2021, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Nothing has been announced. The fact that the CSR travel credit can be used on gas and groceries through June makes me think it's likely that they'll extend the qualifying categories for the Ritz credit, but they seem to be slower on the updates and messaging with this card.
I hope you're right. However, I am also concerned that they make make a conscious decision to do nothing. The Ritz credit is traditionally more difficult to use than the CSR, so I would imagine they have a higher percentage of breakage. You can always use the CSR to buy plane tickets directly, turn them into travel vouchers, pay for taxi rides, subway passes, hotels etc. Pretty much anything even remotely related to travel, besides gas, will qualify, so their breakage is probably much lower, and they can afford to be more generous by allowing gas and groceries for part of the year.

I know they allowed gas and groceries on the Ritz card for the 2nd half of 2020, but, Covid was already becoming a thing at the beginning of the year and getting worse with no clear path to recovery. Now that the vaccines are out, I think a lot of companies, including Chase and American Express, are hoping travel resumes during the 2nd half of 2021.

I hope I am wrong and Chase allows the Ritz credit to be used for gas and groceries, but I'm also not holding my breath.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 1:28 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by jeepie
Just one data point, but staying at the RC Pentagon City, the Executive Lounge remains closed and no way I could get any benefit from the lounge certificates.

Wish they had a policy that provided feee breakfast or something like that when the lounge was closed.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 3:30 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Just one data point, but staying at the RC Pentagon City, the Executive Lounge remains closed and no way I could get any benefit from the lounge certificates.

Wish they had a policy that provided feee breakfast or something like that when the lounge was closed.
I just can't think of anything RC offers for free. I've paid extra for suite upgrade, extra person or extra bed charge. This is how RC works.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
I just can't think of anything RC offers for free. I've paid extra for suite upgrade, extra person or extra bed charge. This is how RC works.
Varies by location. RC Hong Kong has taken care of me very well.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 10:10 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by msp3
I have this offer:
Similar problem, I have my card in Apple Pay, use the Chase app, and have paperless. It only recognizes paperless, not sure how I can get it to recognize the other actions other than privacy settings.
I had this same offer and performed the required actions, but I feel it's all on faith that their system will catch what you did and trigger the bonus points award. Has anyone received the points bonus for this yet?
Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Varies by location. RC Hong Kong has taken care of me very well.
Do you mind sharing what type of room you had? I'd like to book a standard room and use my Club level certificates, but I hear that might not be possible at many properties. I also have the award suite upgrades, wondering if I can incorporate that with club level certs by booking a standard room.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 7:13 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by RedSun
Get that. My $75 room service breakfast in plastic was hard to manage. Maybe I'm more Residence Inn people versus Ritz-Carlton?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.