Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by moops380
If you have an EZ pass you can charge $300 to it to get your travel credit then cancel... That's a good stickin' it to them. Agree on the PP thought, let's not talk about that possibility.

edit to add: At the same time of all the drops of benefits, perhaps the best card for earning just came up, and an amazing redemption opportunity is available for the time being. Not great for people gaming the system, but great for people that actually put alot of spend on cards (citi DC and turkish is what I am referencing). I can spend 22.5k and get a business class ticket to anywhere in europe, its been a long time since anything was that good/easy.
I don't have an easy pass but I was thinking of just buying GCs on an airline. I think CSR still reimburses those, right?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by rj123456
I don't have an easy pass but I was thinking of just buying GCs on an airline. I think CSR still reimburses those, right?
I would check the forums but anything related to travel seems like it should work. EZ pass is just something I know my family will burn through anyways. I think you can load your uber or lyft account with $300 too, or $150 each, etc.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by rj123456
There's a list in the CSR discussion wikipage.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:38 am

I would check the forums but anything related to travel seems like it should work. EZ pass is just something I know my family will burn through anyways. I think you can load your uber or lyft account with $300 too, or $150 each, etc.
To be clear, you’re talking about the CSR for EZpass credit, right? This is the RC forum, and I’ve not heard of that working.

If you’re talking about the CSR, hopefully the Mods can move this to the correct forum.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by onfo
To be clear, you’re talking about the CSR for EZpass credit, right? This is the RC forum, and I’ve not heard of that working.

If you’re talking about the CSR, hopefully the Mods can move this to the correct forum.
Correct. Got a little sidetracked based on the very recent devaluations of Chase Premium cards just in general and comparing how to proceed. RC credit won't get you an EZ pass credit afaik.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
RC VISA 100 air discount gone

It looks like the $100 air discount benefit is gone as of 1/15/20

https://www.visadiscountair.com/ritzcarltoncard/

Edit: - I missed the posts upthread mentioning this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
anyone this year tried for southwest gc yet for incidentals and requested reimbursement via sm?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
[removed by moderator]
Its a very general credit, it specifically excludes things like award fees and surcharges, I called on my $400 aeroplan award surcharge for first class on Lufthansa and said is for a first class award surcharge fee and they said thats fine (and you can look at it any way you want to, but if i didnt fly in first/J class there wouldn't have been a fee, because i wouldnt have used aeroplan), I had a few of other little random fees like bags, wifi, food from random airlines that they disregarded. I think whomever is manning the phone is just happy to have one $300 reimbursement so they dont have to do the same thing multiple times.

In years past its like a 145.84 charge to ryanair that is half baggage fees for two tickets. Do I really need to procure receipts and tell them the plane tickets were 25.00 each and luggage was whatever remainder? What if I lost the receipt or/and deleted the email? Who cares? I guess if you honestly don't spend $300 in 'airline fees' in a year you are entering a gray zone, but If I pay $8 for wifi 35 times and have to spend 3 hours on the phone making that reimbursed, it kinda kills the vibe of a premium card.

Last edited by StartinSanDiego; Jan 20, 2020 at 10:01 am Reason: Removed deleted quote
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Its a very general credit, it specifically excludes things like award fees and surcharges, I called on my $400 aeroplan award surcharge for first class on Lufthansa and said is for a first class award surcharge fee and they said thats fine (and you can look at it any way you want to, but if i didnt fly in first/J class there wouldn't have been a fee, because i wouldnt have used aeroplan), I had a few of other little random fees like bags, wifi, food from random airlines that they disregarded. I think whomever is manning the phone is just happy to have one $300 reimbursement so they dont have to do the same thing multiple times.

In years past its like a 145.84 charge to ryanair that is half baggage fees for two tickets. Do I really need to procure receipts and tell them the plane tickets were 25.00 each and luggage was whatever remainder? What if I lost the receipt or/and deleted the email? Who cares? I guess if you honestly don't spend $300 in 'airline fees' in a year you are entering a gray zone, but If I pay $8 for wifi 35 times and have to spend 3 hours on the phone making that reimbursed, it kinda kills the vibe of a premium card.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the question I asked. But it's never taken me more than a minute to send a secure message and just tell them what a charge was for and the credit has been applied.

Im not sure what a premium credit cards "vibe" is, particularly in relation to Ryanair or the original post.
If you don't like the limitations on the fee credit, no one is forcing you to keep the card.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: *A
The credit isn't connected to a specific charge. I SM'd regarding two seat fees and received one lump credit. So, e.g. one could send one SM asking to be refunded for all 35 of the $8 wifi charges. It won't take the customer or the agent long.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:06 am

I noticed the Chase site still shows the discount air benefit, https://creditcards.chase.com/marrio...ravel_benefits

Regarding the comment about 35 secure messages for 35 fees — I send one message listing different incidentals and they get reimbursed as a single credit.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
I noticed the Chase site still shows the discount air benefit, https://creditcards.chase.com/marrio...ravel_benefits
The Chase Site might still show the benefit, but clicking on the discount air link shows the following text:
Effective 1/15/20, your Ritz Carlton Visa Infinite card no longer offers the Visa Discount Air Benefit. Air itineraries booked via the Visa Discount Air Benefit prior to 1/15/20 will still be honored and valid for travel. For full Terms & Conditions and FAQs please visit www.visa.com/discountair. If you need servicing on your existing Visa Discount Air itinerary, please contact the airlines directly for assistance as Concierge will no longer have access to your itinerary. Thank you
Old Jan 20, 2020, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by rrgg

Regarding the comment about 35 secure messages for 35 fees — I send one message listing different incidentals and they get reimbursed as a single credit.
It doesn't matter what you see, it is what happens when you click. It is gone!
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:01 pm

I was only pointing out that Chase not only didn’t notify us, but they can’t even bother to update their website. I’m fully aware it’s gone.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:03 pm

i just upgraded to the RC card on 12/30 and haven't even used the benefit once. this is really lame. chase is basically cutting any perk that made it stand out or increase fees and add crappy perks. (CSR and RC)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.