Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:35 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by johnathome
I've used mine up but consider a day pass to the United Lounge. You can buy one for $59 on the United app.
Nice idea, but I guess I should have mentioned that I have a UA Club Lounge membership. Thanks anyway.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Comp4k
Product Change to the RC card is no longer available.
Not true. I just PC'd to the RC card two days ago.

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
My product change from the original SPG card to the Bonvoy Brilliant was very similar to yours timing-wise. You'll get the 35k FNC from the Boundless card. I got my 35K FNC almost 12 weeks after the product change. You will not get the 50K FNC from RC simply because you don't have that card yet, and you'd need to keep it for a year before you can get the FNC. So yes, you won't get a 50k FNC from the RC card until February 2021
I would wait until the free night posts to your account before your product switch. I just product switched from the boundless to RC not too long ago. the free night posted on my marriott account a day after my anniversary. If you product switch before the free night posts on your account, you can lose that free night.

Last edited by mia; Jan 2, 2020 at 6:33 am
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:41 pm

Does anyone know if the Visa air discount benefit is going away for this card? I ask because on the City National Bank Crystal thread, some were saying the reason that benefit is going away for that card is because Visa is discontinuing the program altogether, not just for that card.

ETA: I'm hopeful that it's just for that card because the website still remains for the Ritz but has been removed for the CNB card.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:15 am

anyone know how long it takes marriott to update my status from silver to gold? I recently product changed to the ritz carlton from the boundless card.

Update: product switched to the card on 12/30. New Marriott status changed on 1/4
danbnash likes this.

Last edited by sleepy3192; Jan 4, 2020 at 8:56 pm
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by sleepy3192
Not true. I just PC'd to the RC card two days ago.

I would wait until the free night posts to your account before your product switch. I just product switched from the boundless to RC not too long ago. the free night posted on my marriott account a day after my anniversary. If you product switch before the free night posts on your account, you can lose that free night.
Thank you for the suggestion. I will take that into consideration.

Out of curiosity, for those of you with the RC card, does it still allow you to generate a referral link for the Boundless?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
If spouse had old Marriott Premier (anniversary date in June), upgraded to Marriott Boundless (upgrade date in Sept and charged pro-rated AF difference), is upgrade to Ritz-Carlton allowed if new Marriott Boundless held for less than a year? Original Marriott Premier has been open for years.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:38 am

Anyone have experience booking the $100 airfare discount and then receiving complimentary medallion upgrades from Delta? I'm diamond so usually receive an upgrade to comfort+ upon booking main cabin on the Delta website. Will this happen with the Visa Infinite booking? Will the Visa Infinite booking show on my Delta account?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by stewart24
Anyone have experience booking the $100 airfare discount and then receiving complimentary medallion upgrades from Delta? I'm diamond so usually receive an upgrade to comfort+ upon booking main cabin on the Delta website. Will this happen with the Visa Infinite booking? Will the Visa Infinite booking show on my Delta account?
I cannot speak to the upgrade question. But, you put in your SkyMiles number during booking and it will be in your SkyMiles account.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:49 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I know Amex put the kibosh on gc's for travel credit, but is this Chase card still allowing them? Anyone with recent experience with AA GC's?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by stewart24
I've received complimentary upgrades (to first) for myself and companion on United. They just showed up as normal tickets, IIRC. I would expect Delta to operate similarly, but who knows.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:57 pm

This card only gave gold; unless you have 50 nights for 2019, you will likely go to gold in February.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
I know Amex put the kibosh on gc's for travel credit, but is this Chase card still allowing them? Anyone with recent experience with AA GC's?
The process with the Ritz card is manual - so effectively you'll have to lie and say it is something else. That remains up for your personal ethics to decide whether to do it.

There are pluses and minuses for the manual process - in the past I've got reimbursed for eligible expenses that would have never been caught automatically. I was never denied a reimbursement request - but than again I don't push the line too far.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:48 am

Thanks ps9a and FindAway. Booked the flight and it showed up immediately in my Delta account. I then selected seats and got the automatic complimentary upgrade to Comfort+and am wait listed for First.
FindAWay likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 10:21 pm

does anyone remember when do the club cert + 50K FN cert post?
do they post together?
or separately?

does it happen before, or after AF post?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 5:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by gnomey
does anyone remember when do the club cert + 50K FN cert post?
do they post together?
or separately?

does it happen before, or after AF post?
My experience

club cert - about a month before annual fee post
50K FN - about a month after annual fee post

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.