Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIV ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:13 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
So the RC Kyoto is the only RC property that does this?....
Do not know if it is the "only" property. See REPORT from November 2018 in the primary thread for this hotel.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:26 am

My Platinum issue is still being escalated by Marriott. Fingers still crossed but expectations are extremely low.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
United silver?

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
got bumped back to platinum elite (was plat due to $10k spend on ritz card pre merger). my united silver is gone, however.
how did u get united silver for only doing the 10k spend pre merger?

I thought silver is only for 50 night platinum?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
My Platinum issue is still being escalated by Marriott. Fingers still crossed but expectations are extremely low.
Same here - I opened a case through email - still no restoration and still gold as of today

What is the secret to getting restored, for those of u that had success?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:00 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by flymax77
how did u get united silver for only doing the 10k spend pre merger?

I thought silver is only for 50 night platinum?
This is correct. The old Marriott Plat (Titanium now) gets the UA status. New Marriott Plat (Old Gold) did not get UA status.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
This is correct. The old Marriott Plat (Titanium now) gets the UA status. New Marriott Plat (Old Gold) did not get UA status.
Oh, well I spent the $10K on the RC and got the old marriott platinum (regular, not 50+ night since it was from credit card) and no united silver

Wait, so there are some people that spent $10K on the RC and got the enhanced Marriott Platinum and silver United?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:56 pm

I think you have to spend $75K to get the pre-merger Marriott Plat => post-merger Titanium => United Silver. I actually got the RC card back in 2016 and spent $75K. Got Marriott Plat (pre-merger) in 2016 and got United Silver. Cancelled the card in 2017 after 12 months. I don't stay much at Marriott but somehow I still have Marriott Titanium and United Silver today. I thought I would have lost Marriott status back in March 2018, but I think the merger messed things up as I was also SPG Gold. I think my Titanium status will expire next year March? But I don't know how to check. So spent $75K on RC card in 2016 and got elite status until 2020 spring.. pretty good!

Last edited by Need; Mar 14, 2019 at 10:48 am
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Need
I think you have to spend $75K to get the pre-merger Marriott Plat => post-merger Titanium => United Silver. I actually got the RC card back in 2016 and spent $75K. Got Marriott Plat (pre-merger) in 2016 and got United Silver. Cancelled the card in 2017 after 12 months. I don't stay much at Marriott but somehow I still have Marriott Titanium and United Silver today. I thought I would have lost Marriott status back in March 2018, but I think the merger messed things up as I was also SPG Gold. I think my Titanium status will expire next year March? But I don't know how to check. So spent $75 on RC card in 2016 and got elite status until 2020 spring.. pretty good!

Ah, that makes sense - you spent the 75k so got the next level platinum which is now titanium

I only spent 10K+ got the regular platinum which was now removed back down to gold a couple weeks ago... also was already gold without the RC card spend, but looks like that doesnt matter
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:26 am

Add me to the list as well. I hit the $10k minimum spend last year before the switch over and was not awarded Platinum. I have the bank statements from Chase as proof. Chase told me everything was fine on their end but Marriott did not award me the status. I can send all of my necessary info if needed.
Marriott granted me Plat! It's been a 6 month struggle but I got it. Thanks @Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II.

Question is, when does it expire? I can't find that date in my profile at all.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Marriott granted me Plat! It's been a 6 month struggle but I got it. Thanks @Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II.

Nobody knows, Marriott Platinum is an abstract concept that cannot be clearly defined. It can be given, taken away, restored, or grandfathered into at any time. It can be different in the app, on the website, or at the hotel. Nobody really knows how long it will last, a few months, one year, two years, nobody will be able to tell you. Most importantly, you never know what benefits it carries and where, has breakfast, no breakfast, lounge, no lounge, one hour lounge, etc. It is abstract and can get very philosophical, like why I am doing this? What was the point of all this? Why is this really happening?
phant0m and nexusCFX like this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:31 am
Suspended

Both mine and SO's accounts are Platinum for one full year. To end of Jan or Feb 2020, I do not care....
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
Both mine and SO's accounts are Platinum for one full year. To end of Jan or Feb 2020, I do not care....
I'll be happy if it's til end of Feb 2020. I have a reservation mid Feb for Valentines lol.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:41 am
Suspended

I'll be happy if it's til end of Feb 2020. I have a reservation mid Feb for Valentines lol.
Call Marriott and they will be able to tell you. It is in its system. But they would not able to tell the changes from the RC card.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:38 pm

Marriott sent me a twitter message saying that I haven't met my spending threshold. I called into JP Morgan Executive Line who said they are well aware of the issue and Marriott is working on a resolution. I insisted on having a conference call with Marriott. After a long pause an utterly incompetent rep from Marriott came on the line. She sounded like she was on the verge of breaking down. After a shouting match between her and the Chase rep, a supervisor came on the line and started screaming right off the bat. He referred to the Chase rep as the "guy on the line". Still no resolution and call dropped after that. What a disaster!

Some observations from the call:

1. Reps don't seem to understand that the old Gold status matched to Platinum. All they care about are the words "Gold". You were gold and still are gold, go away is the attitude.
2. They CAN see a history of your status. Every time I ask them to check my status on March 3, they seem to be confused about how I was Platinum.
3. They can only see the nights credited by your credit card. They don't seem to understand that some cards like the Ritz give status directly instead of night credits. The automatic upgrades seem to be happening in the background.

Can anyone help me with this, please?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
How can we help you, this is neither science nor art, the issue is metaphysical...I recommend individual prayers and an exorcism at the HQ.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.