Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:01 pm

My credit limit is $1500 but the $450 annual fee just posted which I thought shouldn't happen with this credit limit. Am I mistaken or did something change?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:08 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by sifi8
My credit limit is $1500 but the $450 annual fee just posted which I thought shouldn't happen with this credit limit. Am I mistaken or did something change?
You think this sucker's trick will continue to drain Chase's cash reserve? Chase certainly knows this finally.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
It is a wonder your account is even open.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Nothing changed. It only works for the 1st and sometimes 2nd fee. After that it will always post.
tbm13 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
SPG was the real program. Too bad Marriott chose the sucky Marriott program over the excellent SPG program as its model. The reason? Marriott is out for the money and short sighted in regards to its customers.
Except in Japan where SPG was trash and Marriott had lowered SPG property redemption costs. It also helped some properties like RC Tokyo become 10k points less through this year as well.

Originally Posted by RedSun
How you got to Marriott Titanium? From $75k RC card spending? What is your true status?
Platinum I guess? I got Titanium because all existing Marriott Plat members last year got Titanium. Maybe the status will extend till this year because I actually spent 75k. (I didn't do that 10k trick everyone is describing above)
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:10 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by TennisNoob

Platinum I guess? I got Titanium because all existing Marriott Plat members last year got Titanium. Maybe the status will extend till this year because I actually spent 75k. (I didn't do that 10k trick everyone is describing above)
The $75k spend gets you the current Marriott Platinum, not Titanium....
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Except in Japan where SPG was trash and Marriott had lowered SPG property redemption costs. It also helped some properties like RC Tokyo become 10k points less through this year as well.
SPG had arguably the best hotel in both Kyoto (Suiran) and Tokyo (PG)
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Well....this morning, Platinum Status reverted to Gold status....bummer...5 days before a 5-night Hawaii reservation.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: Kettle Class
Thumbs down

Same here, I had expected to keep Platinum until February 2020 on account of 2018 spending (>10k).

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Well....this morning, Platinum Status reverted to Gold status....bummer...5 days before a 5-night Hawaii reservation.

Last edited by progapanda; Mar 3, 2019 at 8:56 am
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by progapanda
Same here, I had expected to keep Platinum until February 2020 on account of 2018 spending (>10k).
That's certainly what I was hoping as well...thought I was home free when it didn't go Gold on 3/1.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Same and based on the contrary representations otherwise, I am not accepting this outcome. Spent 20 minutes on hold and have a confused Representative on the phone now.
We were told we would have the benefits of former Ritz Gold Status for the cardmembers' full first year, and I did not pay $450 for simply a few months. Bonvoy fails yet again.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Same and based on the contrary representations otherwise, I am not accepting this outcome. Spent 20 minutes on hold and have a confused Representative on the phone now.
We were told we would have the benefits of former Ritz Gold Status for the cardmembers' full first year, and I did not pay $450 for simply a few months. Bonvoy fails yet again.
I think we are all calling now - I just tried and hung up after about 30 minutes on hold. Clearly there is a right way for RC cardholder benefits to be handled and a wrong way.

I'm in a different boat than you are which is even more disappointing since I have had the RC card for over 4 years and wasn't someone who tried to get the benefits in the last moment (not that it should really matter either way really).

Last edited by pharmawalk; Mar 3, 2019 at 9:59 am
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Paging @Starwood Lurker. This directly contradicts what Marriott claimed on the page for the card, that anyone who earned gold prior to August 26 would get platinum status through 2019.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I think we are all calling now - I just tried and hung up after about 30 minutes on hold. Clearly there is a right way for RC cardholder benefits to be handled and a wrong way.

I'm in a different boat than you are which is even more disappointing since I have had the RC card for over 4 years and wasn't someone who tried to get the benefits in the last moment (not that it should really matter either way really).
You're right in that we're in a different boat in that it's a different "benefit," although I resent the moral implications. I'm actually a Lifetime Gold Elite and paid $450 for a card with the representation of "Platinum Elite Status through 2019" for the first year. This wasn't "hacking" or any remotely dishonest or disingenuous behavior on my part.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam1222
It seems like Marriott's IT didn't distinguish between first year, spend, etc. it just saw "Plat status from Ritz" -> Gold.

I too am showing as Gold as of today. Just as I finished booking some hotels for Asia next month where I chose them because of Plat status. Lovely. Hoping for a speedy resolution for all otherwise this is just another nail in the coffin for my future with Marriott.
AlertPenguin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.