Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIV ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Not at Ritz properties. At many Marriott brands, yes.

Or they depleted their stock of the normal heavy metal Ritz cards and didn't see the point in spending the extra money to reorder them for a card that isn't open to new applications anymore. I'd be slightly annoyed too, but I fully get why Chase would do it.
True, thats a very good point, Im just hoping such a prestigious card doesnt go away, I am bit annoyed about the card getting the cheap treatment, I just hope this is only temporary, or at least keep it grandfathered, most of my purchases especially dining I like that they accept Visa over Amex.

I hope it doesnt get downgraded to a non infinite card Incase it gets converted to something else.
I enjoy using the Visa Infinite exclusive portal for booking flights.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Or they depleted their stock of the normal heavy metal Ritz cards and didn't see the point in spending the extra money to reorder them for a card that isn't open to new applications anymore. I'd be slightly annoyed too, but I fully get why Chase would do it.
I wonder if they could share resources with the JPMorgan Reserve.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by nall
I wonder if they could share resources with the JPMorgan Reserve.
I doubt that will happen, The Reserve Card is made by a different material no?
Also I dont think they have many people with the Ritz Carlton Card for them to care much about it.
I do enjoy instant customer service when I call them when I need something.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
They are also not going to purchase expensive card stock if the program name will change on January 1 and will reissue cards.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:15 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

My cards still get 4 more years to go. Knock on wood.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:31 am

Wow they're telling me that even though I hit the 10k, the information wasn't submitted by August 18th from the bank so I didn't get Platinum.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75; Bonvoy, National Exec, United Silver
Hmm, just got a survey from JPM Chase about the card. Was specifically asked if I'd refer friends and family and why. A bit odd considering that it is closed to new applicants. Wonder if they'll ditch the co-branding and Marriott affiliation much like what happened to my Northwest Worldperks CC when they merged with Delta.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Just heard back from Chase - despite making the $10K spend the Platinum status will only in place until January 31, 2019.

Of course, now I'm starting the battle to get this straighten out as this is completely unacceptable.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:49 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
.... only in place until January 31, 2019.

How long were you expecting it to remain in effect, and is it confirmed that Ritz-Carlton cardholders who achieved Gold sooner will be matched to Platinum for a longer period?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by mia
How long were you expecting it to remain in effect, and is it confirmed that Ritz-Carlton cardholders who achieved Gold sooner will be matched to Platinum for a longer period?
I've met the spend required for the old Gold Status in the card year 2017-2018, and therefore should be old Gold / new Platinum until January 31, 2020 (end of 2019 basically).

Of course my position is a little unique because my card year end falls smack in the middle between the transition date (8/18) and the new benefit kicking in (8/26) - but so far it seems I've did not get the status nor the free night.

Let's see what Chase will come back with.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I've met the spend required for the old Gold Status in the card year 2017-2018, and therefore should be old Gold / new Platinum until January 31, 2020 (end of 2019 basically).

Of course my position is a little unique because my card year end falls smack in the middle between the transition date (8/18) and the new benefit kicking in (8/26) - but so far it seems I've did not get the status nor the free night.

Let's see what Chase will come back with.
You're in a similar position I am. Let me know what happens. If they're adamant about the 2019 expiration, there's no point of me even fighting for my status as all of my trips will be in July of next year.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
You're in a similar position I am. Let me know what happens. If they're adamant about the 2019 expiration, there's no point of me even fighting for my status as all of my trips will be in July of next year.
I'm gold due to new applicant. Based on the new terms, posted a few days back, gave me the indication we (new guys and 10k spenders) would lose status in Jan of 19. Just the way I read it though. I'm going to be at about 43 days this year so I'm exercising my old old Chase Marriott to earn a qualifying day per 3K spend to reach 50 the hard way. Have any of the new applicants called in to see their expiration of status?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by phant0m
Wow they're telling me that even though I hit the 10k, the information wasn't submitted by August 18th from the bank so I didn't get Platinum.
You should leave at least two weeks after the statement closing date for the info updated at Marriott side.... I did it in mid June.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia
The words are that the new status will last to 1/31/2020. For most hotel and airline, you get the status for the rest of the year and next whole year. It would be very odd for this to be just remainder of the year.....
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by WhatWhatTech
Status bumps to Platinum Elite for Ritz-Carlton Rewards card cardholders have been clarified:

Also, you will not be bumped up to Platinum Premier Elite if you were Platinum Elite through $75k spend:

This is from Ritz-Carlton Rewards card's site:

https://www.ritzcarltonrewardscard.com/privileges
We had the how long was it going to last conversation a few posts up. Click the link and the word "through" is the unanswered question.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.