Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help Booking flight to Maldives

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Help Booking flight to Maldives

I am looking to plan a trip to the Maldives early next year. Ill be flying out of NY and landing in MLE. I have plenty of UR points to use im just having trouble finding some business class flights to use them on. I've mostly looked through United but didnt find a lot. Can anyone make any suggestions? thank you
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
There are no direct flights to the maldives.

Do you have AA miles? EY is VERY nice and flies JFK-AUH-MLE and it counts as 1 award.

Use your UR points on Park Hyatt Maldives
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lotrbfme

Do you have AA miles? EY is VERY nice and flies JFK-AUH-MLE and it counts as 1 award.

I know there aren't any direct flights. Im assuming ill need 2 stops or so. My AA miles are limited. I have plenty of UR miles though for both Park Hyatt and flights. Just having trouble finding flights to use them on which is what i was asking. Thanks for the suggestion but im strictly looking for the best way to use my UR points for flights.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
  • JFK-FRA-SIN-MLE on SQ using SQ miles (must search on SQ's website)
  • EWR-LAX-(NRT)-SIN-MLE on UA/SQ using SQ miles (must search EWR-LAX on united.com and the rest on SQ's website, call SQ to book)
  • EWR-SFO-SIN-MLE on UA/SQ using SQ miles (must search EWR-SFO on united.com and the rest on SQ's website, call SQ to book. if travel is prior to Oct 23, SFO-SIN is not a non-stop flight)
  • JFK-IST-MLE on TK using UA miles
  • JFK-VIE-MLE on OS using UA miles
  • JFK-FRA-IST-MLE on SQ/TK using SQ miles (must search JFK-FRA on SQ's website, FRA-IST-MLE on united.com, then call SQ to book if you can piece it together)
  • JFK-ICN-(CMB)-MLE on KE using KE miles (note the familial requirement for booking flights for other people from a KE mileage account)
  • JFK-AUH-MLE on EY using KE miles (must search on EY's website, call KE to book. note the familial requirement for booking flights for other people from a KE mileage account)
  • JFK-LAX-CAN-MLE on CZ using AF miles
  • JFK-SVO-MLE on SU using AF miles

Last edited by dukerau; Jul 28, 2016 at 12:01 pm
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:51 am

Edit: dukerau already covered my SQ suggestions. Other option is positioning to Houston, LA or SF if you want to fly SQ and going on from there.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dukerau
  • JFK-FRA-SIN-MLE on SQ using SQ miles (must search on SQ's website)
  • EWR-LAX-(NRT)-SIN-MLE on UA/SQ using SQ miles (must search EWR-LAX on united.com and the rest on SQ's website, call SQ to book)
  • EWR-SFO-SIN-MLE on UA/SQ using SQ miles (must search EWR-SFO on united.com and the rest on SQ's website, call SQ to book. if travel is prior to Oct 23, SFO-SIN is not a non-stop flight)
  • JFK-IST-MLE on TK using UA miles
  • JFK-VIE-MLE on OS using UA miles
  • JFK-FRA-IST-MLE on SQ/TK using SQ miles (must search JFK-FRA on SQ's website, FRA-IST-MLE on united.com, then call SQ to book if you can piece it together)
  • JFK-ICN-(CMB)-MLE on KE using KE miles (note the familial requirement for booking flights for other people from a KE mileage account)
  • JFK-AUH-MLE on EY using KE miles (must search on EY's website, call KE to book. note the familial requirement for booking flights for other people from a KE mileage account)
  • JFK-LAX-CAN-MLE on CZ using AF miles
  • JFK-SVO-MLE on SU using AF miles

Thanks alot, this was quite useful. Didnt even think of checking the korean air directly for their own flights and it turns out they might have the best avilability and 210k miles for round trip in first class. Thanks again!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
I will add JFK-FRA-MLE on LH using UA miles.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lotrbfme

Are you sure JFK-AUH-MLE still counts as 1 award? I thought that became 2 awards after the deval?
Old Jul 30, 2016, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Are you sure JFK-AUH-MLE still counts as 1 award? I thought that became 2 awards after the deval?
No I travelled very recently and it still does indeed count as one award
Old Jul 30, 2016, 12:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by extremeromance
No I travelled very recently and it still does indeed count as one award
But did you book it pre-deval or after deval?
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
But did you book it pre-deval or after deval?
You can still route through the Middle East region to get to the Indian Subcontinent with AA miles.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:29 pm
Suspended

alright thanks, I could have sworn some people on the AA EY award thread were saying it was 2 awards now.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Round trip flight to Maldives in J - Transfer UR points to which airline?

Hi all. Looking to use my UR points (eventually) for 2 round trip tickets in J for my wife and I to the Maldives. Travel can be from any major hub in the US (would prefer LAX, SFO, or SEA).

I've done some research but I wanted to consult the forum and find out what has worked best for others? Currently, I'm looking at opening a Kris Flyer account and putting the miles there since I've read/heard good things about Singapore's J product. Another option I've noticed is transferring to Alaska to book J on Emirates. A third could be a transfer to UA for travel on Turkish.

Obviously, the options are plentiful. Is there something out there better than what I've mentioned? Perhaps Cathay via HKG? Any help/suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

OPS
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
You can't transfer to Alaska.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM
You're correct. My bad. What about Korean? Would that be a better choice than Singapore?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.