FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Can Chase Amazon reward transfer to Sapphire Preferred? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1780762-can-chase-amazon-reward-transfer-sapphire-preferred.html)

rosetyler Jul 26, 2016 11:10 am

Can Chase Amazon reward transfer to Sapphire Preferred?

I saw that you can convert ultimate rewards to amazon points,

but if you have Chase Amazon,
can those points you racked up from buying a bunch of crap on Amazon,
be transferred to Chase Sapphire Preferred card as an ultimate rewards points?

Answers would be greatly appreciated
thank you!

mia Jul 26, 2016 11:14 am

No. It used to be that Amazon points were convertible to British Airways miles. When this option was abruptly eliminated from the catalog Chase made some one-time exceptions, but conversion to any other rewards program is not a feature of Amazon's program.

rosetyler Jul 26, 2016 11:19 am

aw that's a bummer
thanks for the answer

I collect points for free travel, and bought a lot of crap from amazon all the time
I wonder if I should not use the Amazon card anymore,
but the most I can rack up from Amazon purchases is Chase Freedom Unlimited at 1.5% and maybe if Amazon is featured in the rotating category of Chase Freedom

I value the free travel more than anything, because free business class is not something I can afford

If anyone in similar situation, I'd love to hear your thoughts on which card you use for amazon purchases

mia Jul 26, 2016 11:57 am

Originally Posted by rosetyler (Post 26971130)
...which card you use for amazon purchases

Use a Chase Ink card to purchase Amazon gift cards at an office supply store, such as Staples or Office Depot where Ink earns five points per dollar.

rosetyler Jul 27, 2016 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 26971343)
Use a Chase Ink card to purchase Amazon gift cards at an office supply store, such as Staples or Office Depot where Ink earns five points per dollar.

lol that never occurred to me before, but that's a good way around it

philemer Jul 28, 2016 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by rosetyler (Post 26977755)
lol that never occurred to me before, but that's a good way around it

Study up on Manufactured Spending here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-spending-719/

mia Jul 29, 2016 7:49 am

This is category shifting, not manufactured spending, because you really are spending the money ;) .

Need Jul 29, 2016 9:12 am

Speaking of Amazon and Ultimate Rewards points, I just got an email saying that the redemption rate for $1 at Amazon using UR points has changed from 100 UR points to 125 UR points.

I don't use UR points for Amazon purchase because it was bad value at 100 UR points for $1. But what is this madness of 125 UR points for $1? It is like paying 25% extra at Amazon if you use your UR points.

mikex163 Jul 29, 2016 9:17 am

Be glad they did it. It's a move that will probably save Chase some money, keeping them from devalue other benefits that FT members actually care about (only more uninformed UR customers would use the option to redeem at Amazon).

TailSpin Jul 29, 2016 10:11 am

I have a chase amazon card and was able to convert those points to UR points - I sent an email to Chase and they did it as a "one time consideration" - about 80,000 points.

mia Jul 29, 2016 11:22 am

Originally Posted by TailSpin (Post 26986470)
...I sent an email to Chase and they did it as a "one time consideration" - about 80,000 points.

How recently?

TailSpin Aug 1, 2016 11:44 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 26986809)
How recently?

It was a couple of years ago.

bosflyer93 Mar 2, 2018 8:58 am

Check out this DP from r/churning

I have about 30,000 amazon reward points and recently got a Sapphire Reserve. I would like to transfer these to Ultimate Reward points. I’m going to call Chase and ask, but I was curious if anybody else has been able to do this?

Update: They transferred the points for me saying they would do it one time. It’s not something I can earn more points on and transfer to UR.
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co..._2018/dv2je81/

snic Mar 2, 2018 9:38 am

But keep in mind that when you then buy stuff on Amazon with your gift cards, you won't have the protections your credit card gives you. Amazon is pretty good about resolving disputes between customers and its merchants (so, for instance, if an item breaks within 30 days, you can get a refund pretty easily), but beyond 30 days you are stuck with the manufacturer's warranty. Many credit cards come with extended warranty protection, which can be very useful. It recently saved me about $500 after a tablet I bought on Amazon broke just after the 1 year warranty expired.

MisterBill Apr 2, 2018 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by bosflyer93 (Post 29476912)

So I sent a message from the Chase website asking if I could have my Amazon points moved, and I got this response:

William, I apologize but I'm unable to transfer rewards from your Chase Amazon card to a Chase credit card associated with the Ultimate Rewards Program. Rewards can only be transferred between accounts that have the same rewards program.

Would I have better luck if I called the Sapphire Reserve CS number maybe get a US-based agent? Did anyone here try it after seeing the above post and have tips to provide?