Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Using Honors points + UR Portal for consecutive nights in same hotel stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

I am looking at a 5 night stay at the Waldorf in Park City this summer. I'd like to burn off my Honors points for a 2 bedroom suite the first night and book 4 more consecutive nights through the UR Portal for the same room.

​​​Has anyone done this recently? Any recommendations for how to do it? (Call the hotel to link the res, don't tell them until I show up etc.)

​​​​​I have Hilton gold status
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just send the property an email or call them a few days before to give them a heads up. Last time I had 2 back to back reservations was at a Conrad last month and they confirmed proactively that I'd be in the same room.

They can't "link" the reservations, but a human can make sure you stay in the same room.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Great thanks. Did you get elite benefits the entire stay?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Somebody else will have to chime in re benefits, I used a mix of cash and Hilton points, not the UR portal. Not exactly your situation, but wanted to advise about the room since that was your original question.

I wouldn't have super high expectations of getting it the whole time, since WAs have historically been stingier in general with eite benefits (I mean we just started getting free breakfast!). So that's going to be a property specific question, probably best directed here Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT} since per the T&Cs they don't have to honor it if its a 3rd party booking, but you seem to already know that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.