Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 12, 16, 9:32 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 21, 16, 5:17 pm

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
well, we'll have to see the terms

should add AF in there, so $4850 ($4k + $300 travel + $100 global entry + $450AF). AF does not count towards 4k
forgot about the $450 annual fee. Duh on my part! (so accustomed to deals with no fee the first year)

So, without a doubt, in the first three months I will spend close to $5k. Not even going to chance it, unless I see something in WRITING from Chase. Assume it does not count and all is fine.
Old Aug 21, 16, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by bigbuy View Post
And THAT would expose how messed up most folks are. Almost no one would want to carry a true white generic Visa, but put an Apple logo on the same design and charge $400-$500 and it would be a must have card.
Oh, I don't know.

I was thinking the other day that "retro" MC and Visa cards (remember them? white background with the big circles for MC, the blue/white/tan stripes for Visa) could be quite popular.

Personally, I don't really care what the cards look like, most of the time they're in my wallet, and besides I prefer to pay with my phone when possible.

I wish all cards did away with embossed characters, though.
Old Aug 21, 16, 5:55 pm

It's really quite simple: You have to SPEND $4000 + the $450 annual fee, for a total of $4450. The GE credit and $300 travel credit are CREDITS. They have nothing to do with your spend. You have to spend $4000 plus the annual fee. $4450. Nuff sedd.

Originally Posted by NoStressHere View Post
forgot about the $450 annual fee. Duh on my part! (so accustomed to deals with no fee the first year)

So, without a doubt, in the first three months I will spend close to $5k. Not even going to chance it, unless I see something in WRITING from Chase. Assume it does not count and all is fine.
Old Aug 21, 16, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by PackingIt View Post
It's really quite simple: You have to SPEND $4000 + the $450 annual fee, for a total of $4450. The GE credit and $300 travel credit are CREDITS. They have nothing to do with your spend. You have to spend $4000 plus the annual fee. $4450. Nuff sedd.
citi prestige's $250 travel credit doesn't count towards min spend...

so YMMV, need to read the actual terms (no online link, no one has posted their manual paper application), aim for $4850 to be safe...

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...redit-benefit/
Does the Citi Prestige Card airline credit count towards minimum spend?

To answer Deb’s question first, the answer is no. In other words, to be on the safe side you’ll want to spend at least $3,250 to complete the minimum spend, assuming you plan on using your airline credit in the first billing cycle. For virtually all credit cards minimum spend is defined as purchases minuses returns and credits.
Old Aug 21, 16, 6:00 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Sorry, have not read all 1k posts: Any confirmation that 100k points is confirmed?
Old Aug 21, 16, 6:04 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by 747FC View Post
Sorry, have not read all 1k posts: Any confirmation that 100k points is confirmed?
Yes, some of the bloggers have gotten pre information and it is confirmed.I also think that the few that got in today confirmed it?

Last edited by jjmiller69; Aug 21, 16 at 6:34 pm
Old Aug 21, 16, 6:04 pm

Confirming that Citi Prestige $250 airfare credit DOES apply��

Last edited by jeepie; Aug 21, 16 at 6:11 pm
Old Aug 21, 16, 6:30 pm

Programs: GE
I'm surprised there is not more clarification on the lounge access for guests by now. Priority pass is one of the major benefits of the card over CSP after the sign up bonus (unless you value the 1.5cpp, increased insurance limits, or 1 extra point on travel)

If it is no guests, then it's really not worth it for me since I hardly ever travel alone.
Old Aug 21, 16, 6:37 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Are lounge fees covered by the $300 travel credit?
Old Aug 21, 16, 6:49 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Originally Posted by jjmiller69 View Post
Yes, some of the bloggers have gotten pre information and it is confirmed.I also think that the few that got in today confirmed it?
Well, I would hope that someone who already has had an app approved can confirm this.
Old Aug 21, 16, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dieuwer View Post
Look at the terms of the Citi Prestige. It even mentions "Air fares". But I don't think you can use their $250 credit to offset airfare purchases.

https://www.citicards.com/cards/cred...1C2L10101W&B=C
Yep definitely can. Used mine against 2x KLM tickets SIN - DPS at the beginning of the year
Old Aug 21, 16, 6:56 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by 747FC View Post
Well, I would hope that someone who already has had an app approved can confirm this.
They have on reddit but I haven't seen it here.
Old Aug 21, 16, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Marriott Bonvoy Gold; ALL Gold; Hertz PC
What is the mad rush for getting the card ahead of knowing 100% what the signup bonus is? Perhaps I'm just not quite the points/miles-chaser that most here are, but I will say I find the hubbub around CSR fascinating.

(I will be one of those aiming to sign up as soon as it's available, so perhaps I don't have much of a leg to stand on...)
Old Aug 21, 16, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
citi prestige's $250 travel credit doesn't count towards min spend...

so YMMV, need to read the actual terms (no online link, no one has posted their manual paper application), aim for $4850 to be safe...

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...redit-benefit/
Generally the charge itself will count as it's still a valid purchase but the credit won't obviously.
Old Aug 21, 16, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by jordan_h View Post
arnolddv1708, maybe i saw you there! i just got approved with a 34k limit at the chinatown (SF) branch. i'm at around 15/24 (more if chase can see business card apps with AMEX), 770 credit score, and around 15k banked with chase.

edited to add: i made the joke about seeing the other poster there, since there was a line of people all waiting to apply for the CSR. the banker i worked with told me he'd be there well after the 1pm closing time. also should have noted that i was pre-qualified, which probably helped me get approved.
I have a total business checking and personal checking with them. Did you ask for pre-qualified offers when you go approved for CSR? I'm curious what method people are using for getting approved when >5/24.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: