Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 12, 16, 9:32 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.


Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 21, 16, 2:00 pm
  #946  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond/Glob, Hilton Diamond, Starwood/Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat
Posts: 480
DP's on reddit not looking so good, if you go in branch tomorrow, please ask first if you have prequalified offers for the CSR. This might be why some are bypassing 5/24, and others are going into pending 7-10 days
StatusChallenged is offline  
Old Aug 21, 16, 2:07 pm
  #947  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 491
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged View Post
DP's on reddit not looking so good, if you go in branch tomorrow, please ask first if you have prequalified offers for the CSR. This might be why some are bypassing 5/24, and others are going into pending 7-10 days
Just checked the pre-qualified offer tool on the Chase site. No offers. Understandable since I should be at 8/24.
steve4 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 16, 2:11 pm
  #948  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 2,716
Originally Posted by steve4 View Post
Just checked the pre-qualified offer tool on the Chase site. No offers. Understandable since I should be at 8/24.
They have different offers, and the only ones that help w/ 5/24 are the in-branch ones.
lobo411 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 16, 2:12 pm
  #949  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 170
Originally Posted by NYCRuss View Post
5/24 wasn't strictly enforced when the Freedom Unlimited was launched.
it was for me and i was at 5/24
joxxie is offline  
Old Aug 21, 16, 2:14 pm
  #950  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: LAX, BUR
Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Posts: 1,637
Originally Posted by STS-134 View Post
The $1500 question: did you get the 100k bonus?
What kind of outcry, uproar, lawsuits would ensue if those who used that no bonus language link do not get any points at all?

Citi not to long ago disallowed Prestige card appliers from a targeted link the bonus saying they weren't targeted therefore not eligible.
mhdena is online now  
Old Aug 21, 16, 2:18 pm
  #951  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 1,276
Has anyone called to see if you can apply by phone?
penner42 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 16, 2:19 pm
  #952  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7
I just applied and was approved in the SF branch.
Stats: 5/24, 180k income(salary + assets), 5 EX inquiries, 820 EX FICO, 50k Chase exposure prior to approval.
Approval: 35k limit, 16.24% APR.
arnoldv1708 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 16, 2:33 pm
  #953  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 237
Originally Posted by arnoldv1708 View Post
I just applied and was approved in the SF branch.
Stats: 5/24, 180k income(salary + assets), 5 EX inquiries, 820 EX FICO, 50k Chase exposure prior to approval.
Approval: 35k limit, 16.24% APR.
Thanks for the DP! Are you sure you were at 5/24 per your credit report (e.g., CreditKarma)? Did you happen to ask about in-branch pre-approvals prior to application?
mh4ll is offline  
Old Aug 21, 16, 2:36 pm
  #954  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: SFO
Posts: 108
arnolddv1708, maybe i saw you there! i just got approved with a 34k limit at the chinatown (SF) branch. i'm at around 15/24 (more if chase can see business card apps with AMEX), 770 credit score, and around 15k banked with chase.

edited to add: i made the joke about seeing the other poster there, since there was a line of people all waiting to apply for the CSR. the banker i worked with told me he'd be there well after the 1pm closing time. also should have noted that i was pre-qualified, which probably helped me get approved.
jordan_h is offline  
Old Aug 21, 16, 2:37 pm
  #955  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1
The other major question for Arnold:

Is one of your 5/24 cards prior to applying a Chase Ink (which does not show on the credit report, but which Chase is assumed to be including in their calculations)?
othersteve is offline  
Old Aug 21, 16, 2:38 pm
  #956  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by mh4ll View Post
Thanks for the DP! Are you sure you were at 5/24 per your credit report (e.g., CreditKarma)? Did you happen to ask about in-branch pre-approvals prior to application?
I was at 5/24. PRG, Amex Plat, Barclay Aviator, Citi AA Advantage, and Chase United Explorer.

I did not ask about whether I was pre approved or not. I knew I was at 5/24, so I just went for it.
arnoldv1708 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 16, 2:38 pm
  #957  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by jordan_h View Post
arnolddv1708, maybe i saw you there! i just got approved with a 34k limit at the chinatown (SF) branch. i'm at around 15/24 (more if chase can see business card apps with AMEX), 770 credit score, and around 15k banked with chase.
Haha, maybe you did! I was at that branch too!
arnoldv1708 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 16, 2:39 pm
  #958  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by othersteve View Post
The other major question for Arnold:

Is one of your 5/24 cards prior to applying a Chase Ink (which does not show on the credit report, but which Chase is assumed to be including in their calculations)?
Nope. I did not include that one. See my post above. 5/24 were only personal. Including business, it's 6/24.
arnoldv1708 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 16, 2:46 pm
  #959  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 2,716
Originally Posted by arnoldv1708 View Post
Nope. I did not include that one. See my post above. 5/24 were only personal. Including business, it's 6/24.
Thanks for the DP.

I'm 4/24 according to Credit Karma because a new account I opened last month hasn't (apparently) hit the report yet. 5/24 if you count Ink+. 6/24 if you count the new account.

So I guess I better apply tomorrow morning in branch, since it seems like I might be able to masquerade as 4 or 5/24 if I strike fast!
lobo411 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 16, 2:53 pm
  #960  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 581
Originally Posted by arnoldv1708 View Post
I was at 5/24. PRG, Amex Plat, Barclay Aviator, Citi AA Advantage, and Chase United Explorer.

I did not ask about whether I was pre approved or not. I knew I was at 5/24, so I just went for it.
Did the Amexes first report on or before March 21, 2015? If so, was the member since year from before 2015?
NYCRuss is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread